the Rift

[OPEN] Don't Wanna Grow Up

Jahzara Posts: 63
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 hands :: 6 Birdsongs
Xyroca
"Tell Me Something Sweet To Get Me By"

The mare was feeling rather guilty as of late, feeling relatively useless to the herd with her duties as a Specter. It seemed she didn't really do much of anything, and training the stealth ranks below her seemed almost a moot point. The skittish male made a terrible decision at targeting a stallion of the Basin, ignoring the peace treaty, and then completely vanished. And with the murderer running around on the loose, Jahzara was beginning to feel that it was only a matter of time before one of her family would become the next victim. 'You should talk to Kahlua soon about that, see if she's found out anything recently.' The voice belonged to the hallucination that was wondering beside the Arabian vixen, the imaginary best friend of Jahzara, Lily. The golden mare dipped her muzzle in agreement to her friend's suggestion, sighing softly as they wandered through the forest towards the cliffs.

Jahzara had grown to find comfort at the cliffs of the World's Edge, finding peace in being able to look over the ocean and think. The mare missed the lighthearted feeling she felt when she first joined the World's Edge, the laughter that came with ease and the silly games she would play with Lily. The importance of responsibilities were beginning to take it's toll on the child-like mare, stealing away her time and making her life feel mundane, boring and dull. Lily wasn't particularly happy about the situation either, put she kept her mouth shut to allow Jahzara to do what she needed to do. The hallucination knew how special it was to the Arabian mare to be considered important enough to have a higher ranking position and the job of keeping her family safe.

When they reached the cliffs, Lily vanished from the mare's right side into a puff of violet smoke, reappearing to the mare's left. 'Hey Jay, do you realize we've been here for a whole year already?' Jahzara hadn't thought of that, her eyes widening slightly at the realization. "Really? A ye- Lily, you know I don't like you on that side..." Jahzara's words whined, insisting that her friend move to her good eye's vision. Lily merely grinned before waddling over to Jahzara's right side once again.'Yeah! A whole year! Forgettin' things already, ya old fart?' "Hey! I'm not old!" With that, Jahzara playfully leaped after the figment of her imagination with a burst of laughter. The chase turned back into the woods, the mare's giggling echoing through the trees as Lily ran as fast as her stubby little legs could take her into the mist. No one had judged the mare for her hallucinations in this land, and the golden princess was now accustomed to being able to freely play with Lily or converse with her others without fear. But still, how strange it must have been to everyone else? To see their Specter talking to herself or giggling away in a game with someone that no one else could see or hear?

OOC: Open! @[Artorius]
"Talking"
'Hallucinations'

JAHZARA
Image Credit
Force permitted against Jahzara, but please to not maim or kill her!
Please tag only in first posts!

Artorius Posts: 39
Up For Adoption atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 5 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Barnabas :: Puffin :: None Adoptable
Artorius
girl you make my speakers go boom-boom

Excitement and a bundle of other emotions washed over my slender, athletic frame as I bid farewell to the pale mare and dark stallion who had welcomed me with open arms into the folds of the World's Edge. My glossy feathered wings spread out slightly as I cantered away into the mists of the lands, excited to get to do some exploring and hoping praying that there wouldn't be much of a chance that I would run into the mother who had left me. Ears flicked back against my skull, protecting against the warm spring wind that was grabbing at my slick coat while I moved through the forest that studded the soft ground.
The feeling of the wind against my feathers was one that I had missed, not being able to fly to the border with Resplendence had been more difficult than I had ever imagined. Not that I wasn't used to travelling on foot, but I much preferred being able to let the winds carry my sporty body from place to place. Instantly my mind clicked back to the pink mare describing the layout of the land too me as we stood beneath the thick boughs of the Threshold. My pace slowed ever so slightly as I wondered exactly where I could find this cliff, so I could jump off of it and allow the wind to catch my fall and then I could fly over the salty brine before returning to safety at the top of the cliff.
Ink stained paper thins flared, sucking in the fresh salty air I hadn't been expecting to be taking in while standing in the middle of a forest. But it seemed the gods had another plan for my day for not a second after I decided I was going to try my cliff diving stunt today did a giggling, golden blur race past me as if she was chasing after something I hadn't seen. Ears slammed forward as my skull snapped around so emeralds could keep contact with the golden blur as she winded her way easily between the tree trunks. The cliff long gone from my mind I started moving again, but this time with my wings tucked in close to my ribcage as my pistons struck out at an easy extended canter in the direction of the mare...too curious as to what it was that she had been chasing.
A nicker broke free from my chest as I drew closer to the golden creature, hoping that I wouldn't come across as some kind of creep who followed her through the woods. Rather I was someone new who desperately needed the friendship when it came time to come face to face with my deserter of a mother again.

"Speech here."
Tag;; @[Jahzara]
Words;; 461
Notes;; She is SO CUTE! ;__; This is set before his egg finding thread, and just after his joining thread btw :D

Credits: Image by fidber @ flickr
  • Please Tag in All Replies!
  • Slight Force Allowed, no death or maiming. No serious injuries.

Hidden Account
Xyroca

Skillfully the mare dodged trees, barely scraping her sides against the bark and always managing to duck before a low branch could intervene in her chase. Lily would disappear into a puff of violet smoke, reappearing just a little bit further than the golden princess could run. Lost in the moment, Jahzara didn't even realize that she had passed a stranger that she had never seen before. Lily disappeared a final time, reappearing on top of a fallen free then bouncing down with glee. Preparing for the jump, Jahzara's muscles tensed with excitement, a look of determination gracing her features, pushing herself just a little bit further.

Just as she was bracing herself for the jump, her hindlegs planted on the earth while her front hooves began to tuck under her chest - an unfamiliar nicker broke her concentration. Lily vanished, and Jahzara glanced to the side where she heard the voice come from, just as her forelegs caught onto the log and sent her tumbling over the tree in a less than graceful flip. Her hindlegs swung over her body, belly revealed to the sky while she landed on her back with a loud THUD! The poor girl's head was against the tree, hooves dangling in the air and the forest around her seemed to spin. "Whooooaa-OW! The arabian cross moaned, rolling onto her stomach while Lily rushed to her side. 'Sugar-coated-waffle-bits! Jay! Are you alright? What happened?!' Jahzara merely shook her head as she tried to catch her bearings, pulling herself onto her feet gingerly. "I think I'm okay, Lily...I just thought I heard someone."

Taking the moment to inspect herself, she felt a bit sore from the fall. Her legs were scraped from the contact against the rough bark, her back and hip hurt from the heavy landing, but otherwise she was fine. While Jahzara was inspecting, Lily was investigating. Popping her little muzzle over the log, she peered around with beady, suspicious eyes that only Jahzara could see, fuzzy little ears tucked into a wild purple mane. Oh but if only the world could see the spunky little pony's expression, you know the look. The one that your best friend gives when you know they are going to kick some ass? With the nose all scrunched, eyes wide but eyebrows narrowed like the next person they see is going to get their head shove so far up their ass that eat their lunch twice? Yeah...That was the look on the pony's face, only temporarily though. The hallucination spotted an unrecognizable stallion and immediately ducked her head back as though to avoid getting caught like a child neighbor looking in your windows. "Uhhh...Jay? Do you know him?" Him? Who was him? Jahzara lifted her crown to see the young, winged stallion, feeling an immediate blush heat her cheeks. "Oh, um...Helloooo." Her awkward greeting didn't help the situation any, and immediately she wished she was invisible.

OOC: @[Artorius]
"Talking"
'Hallucinations'

JAHZARA
Image Credit

Artorius Posts: 39
Up For Adoption atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 5 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Barnabas :: Puffin :: None Adoptable
Artorius
girl you make my speakers go boom-boom

Things seemed to be going quite smoothly, at first. The gold and white blur moving past the tree trunks easier than I had ever thought imaginable, maybe if I didn't have my large wings sprouting from my shoulders things would be different. But I wouldn't give up my ability to fly for anything, not even the ability to be a little bit more agile than I was. A soft snort blew through my ink stained paper thins as I drew closer to the mare, the nicker sliding easily into the misty clearing just as the muscles at the mare's haunches bunched while she prepared for take off.
Glossy harks flicked forward as I watched the mare's body shift into what I imagined would have been a beautiful jump if it weren't for my interruption. Suddenly the graceful movement turned into something you would expect from a child just learning how to use it's legs, before I could blink the mare's limbs were wrapped around the tree then a somersault an Olympic gymnast would be jealous of...and it was stuck! By her back and the hopefully soft pine needles beneath her. I cringed visibly while emeralds locked in on the flailing limbs that reached for the clear blue sky above us, oh how I wished I had just gone and jumped off the cliff into the salty brine.
Words could be nearly made out, mumbled into the light, oceanic breeze as I stepped forward so I could offer my assistance to the mare that I had clearly startled. But I couldn't figure out what was said, probably just a curse on me and my broken family for ruining her run, so I just brushed it off, if I had been meant to hear it I would have. I blinked a few times before drawing a little closer to the log that had caused the mare's demise, before speaking up once again. "A-are you okay?" As if on cue, mismatched eyes and a sun kissed face popped up over the log, just enough that her expression was comically embarrassed, as if she had been clumsy enough to fall without my assistance.
"Oh, um...Helloooo." A small smile flicked across my sporty features as I took a small step backwards so the golden would have plenty of room to right herself. "Hello miss. I apologize for startling you." My freshly deepened voice rang out clearly as my skull lowered in greeting to the pretty mare who laid in a crumpled mess before me. Hopefully the rest of our meeting would go a bit better than the first few minutes of it, regardless, this wold be an introduction worth remembering.

"Speech here."
Tag;; @[Jahzara]
Words;; 454
Notes;; I meant to ask, do you prefer being tagged?? I'm sorry it's so short I'm super distracted today.

Credits: Image by fidber @ flickr
  • Please Tag in All Replies!
  • Slight Force Allowed, no death or maiming. No serious injuries.

Hidden Account
Xyroca

Turning her dial ever so slightly so her better eye good study the young stallion, Jahzara shuffled her weight around to bring herself to her hooves. She had never seen him before, and though she had yet to meet every member of the World's Edge, he didn't even look remotely familiar. Lily waited beside her best friend, feeding off of the mare's reactions to judge what to do next. When the pegasus spoke, Lily narrowed her orbs skeptically. 'So you're the one who caused her to fall! Sneaking up on people and whatnot. This should have been an easy jump, here...I'll show you.' The hallucination gave a snort as though the black could actually hear her before eyeing the log in front of her. Take a few steps backwards, the violet pony shook her rump with an amusing butt waggle, before running as fast as her legs could carry her towards the log. But, even the hallucination was unable to make the jump, just a bit shy of being able to jump high enough over the tree. Her rounded barrel caught on the bark, hind legs stuck on one side and front legs already cleared, wedging the pony in place.

With a chuckle, Jahzara lowered her muzzle towards her best friend's rump. Careful to avoid the pony's flailing legs, the golden tucked her muzzle under and shoved Lily the rest of the way. 'No, no! I can do it! I can-dammit.' Lily protested the entire time, cursing when she landed on the other side with Jahzara's help. "I'm fine, just a bit bruised with some scraped knees. Been through a lot worse before." The Arabian cross answered his questions while she helped her friend, not even caring that to the rest of the world it looked like she was just tossing her nose at a tree. She made no attempt to cross over the tree, instead walked just slightly closer until her chest was pressed against the bark, using the wood as a makeshift fence between herself and the stranger. The 'fence' gave her a sense of security, feeling more comfortable with talking to the young man with some sort of barrier between them. Her time in Helovia had slowly, ever so slowly, been working out her fear of stallions. Of course there was also the fact that she strongly believed that Kahlua would never allow anyone into the Edge that would try hurting her, or any of their family. But, old habits were hard to kill, and if it weren't for the 'fence', she probably would have taken several steps back and hid behind a tree.

Lily, now having collected herself, bounced up to the black pegasus to circle around him. As Jahzara's primary judge of character, she wouldn't let the conversation continue until she got a good look at him. 'Well punk, what's your motives? Who are ya? Where do ya come from? Why are you in the Edge?' The stream of questions made Jahzara's auds flick back and she gave a low little nicker to the pony that was standing towards the stallion's right side, barely reach his knees. "Lily, stop..." Jahzara whispered before clearing her throat to look up at the pegasus. "I don't think I've seen you around here before, not very good to be a Specter and not recognize one of the herd. I'm Jahzara, what's your name?" She asked quickly, trying to distract him from questioning about the fact that she was talking to something that she knew he couldn't see. Perhaps, once she could gauge a better idea of his reaction, she would let him know about Lily and introduce the pair properly.

OOC: @[Artorius] No need to worry about tagging every time, for Jay's account I prefer first posts only. ^-^
"Talking"
'Hallucinations'

JAHZARA
Image Credit