Windwalker Posts: 133
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
Nanna
W
I
N
D

You know you've been alone for too long when you don't remember what a face looks like.

And by some stupid reason, he'd thought about it a lot in the last few days. Then he wondered why. Why now? He'd been roaming these woods for god knows how long and he'd never met another horse. He wasn't sure they even existed. He may even be the only one left in the entire world.. "Wow.. That would suck." he said and glanced at the tree in front of him. "What do you think, Ed? Am I alone or..? You say what?" Leaning closer to hear the tree's response, which only existed in his head, the ears soon laid flat to his poll. "Okay, if youre going to be such an ass, then you can just stand there. Alone! Like I care what you think!"

As graciously as a Friesian could, he turned around and began to trot away from the tree while he cursed. Stupid tree. Who did he think he was, standing there like a moron, day after day, without doing anything! Air shot out of his nostrils as he quickened his pace as much as he could without running into a tree or trip over logs. The long, black hair danced behind him and occasionally revealed the wound on the left side of his face. It's a good thing no one was there to see it.

"I can do better." he muttered to himself when he came to a halt in an opening in the forest. "I don't need stupid Ed or anyone else. I am fine by myself." A nod gave him the courage to breathe deeply before he shouted to the world; "I DON'T NEED YOU! I AM AWESOME BY MYSELF!!"

That should teach the world not to mess with him. Bigtime.

Image Credit

OOC - Open to anyone!
[Image: 53837ef3a55e5]

I hate and I love. Why, you may ask?
I don’t know, but it’s happening, and I burn.
Please Tag Windwalker In Replies

Niskaru Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Niskaru
tags » @[Windwalker]
words » 353
notes » none
I heard evil things come disguised ...
Spring had come to Helovia, something the natives here called Birdsong Niskaru had learnt. The frosts had not gone quickly this year, instead they chose to linger and fade slowly. Winter was her favorite season, she could not explain why but she'd always marveled at the snow and the lights that danced in the sky. Although she enjoyed the ice and snow, it certainly was good to feel the sun getting warmer and banishing the chill from her flanks. After her first encounter with beings of this land, Niska had chosen to travel south and explore the lands further. Now she knew about the four herdlands within Helovia she wanted time to weigh up her options, they all seemed very tempting and interesting to the young mare but she needed something to tip the balance and help her decide.

A short distance away there came the sound of voices, or just one she wasn't sure. Picking up her pace from a steady plod to a brisk trot, the silver mare went in search of this stranger. Alabaster tipped audits picked up a one sided, seemingly heated conversation. Slowing to a halt, she hid in the shadow of a large pine. Before her a large obsidian brute stood, he seemed to be arguing with someone but if they stood nearby she couldn't see them. It dawned on the fae, that he might actually be talking to the tree. She didn't have a chance to make her presence known before he took off, keeping her cloven hooves quite she matched his gait, following him a short distance off. While she followed she could hear the low rumble of his male vocal chords, although the spring breeze caught in her ears and she didn't catch the words.

When he halted, the young mare stopped closer than she had before. Niska stood there, as calm as she could muster, trying to disguise the look of confusion and concern that traced her delicate face. 'I DON'T NEED YOU! I AM AWESOME BY MYSELF!! She snorted, amused by his outburst and hoping it might alert him to her presence.

... Beautiful things, don't always stay that way

Hidden Account
Nanna
W
I
N
D

The words he yelled brought a ton of adrenaline in it's wake and testosterone kicked in, forcing the body to do anything but keep still. So he danced around, hair flaring and nostrils puking out air before it sucked it back in again. With it came an unfamiliar, yet desired scent.

His ears peaked as he looked the way he had come, almost expecting to see Ed drag himself along the forest floor to make his apology. It wasn't Ed, but a grey dappled horse. His first thought was that it was kind of pretty with it's horns standing out from it's face, even though it seemed like such an safety hazard. The second thought made his dance stop, as he was sure he'd seen a horse like this before, minus the horns of course. Then he realized he may not be alone anymore.

How the hell should he feel about it?

Here he was, thinking he was alone and suddenly some soul comes and mess things up. He stared at the horse for a few seconds, drawing in the scent again and again, before he opened his mouth. "Shoo." Yeah, that would show it! Nothing says I-am-fucked-in-the-head better than shooing someone off. But then again, he had never thought of himself as smart or even a tad clever. No, he was a survivor and a tree-lover. That's him; the not-so-smart-but-extremely-sexy-tree-loving-maniac.

Image Credit

OOC - Wow..
Tags - @[Niskaru]

Unregistered
Niskaru
tags » @[Windwalker]
words » 335
notes » none
'Shoo' She couldn't help herself, she flinched at his reaction. Niska was not a necessarily proud character, she didn't think she was above others but this guy! How rude. She snorted in response, her thinking cap ticking over what could be wrong with this individual. He was clearly troubled, wasn't he? Maybe he'd gone through a rough experience, or perhaps he'd not been all there to begin with. Despite his reaction and his seemingly strange affinity to the trees, the young dappled mare strode forwards. Her mauve optics never left his form as she circled around the small clearing to stand before him, tracking his every move, seeking out any flaws or abnormalities. Nothing too strange seemed to pop out at her, he had scars she noted but as far as she could tell, they would not cause a being to act in such a way. Niska couldn't deny, her heart felt like it would burst through her chest. Scared or not, the bold fae stood her ground. Yes, he was a big brute, more than capable of doing her great harm if he so wished. But she, she was flighty, fast and nimble over such terrain which calmed her slightly. Picking up her courage she threw out her vocals to him, trying not to let her normal soft drawl show but rather a more demanding tone to her words.

'Who are you? And why were you talking to a tree?'

Niskaru didn't expect him to reply to her or pay any attention to her in the slightest, but she wanted to show him she wasn't a force to be messed with. She wasn't put off by his unfamiliar ways or his request to be left alone, if anything it just heightened her curiosity. Watching beings was something she normally did, other souls interested her - she didn't have to speak or interact with them, just observing them was enough. Why she liked doing this she never knew, so many of them were vial, selfish creatures.

Hidden Account
Nanna
W
I
N
D

It was not that he had a plan to get rid of this creature, but he had hoped it would run away back into the woods where it came from and leave him alone. When the opposite happened, he did not know what to feel, so he stood his ground. The hazel and black in his eyes began to swirl at a quicker pace, as they always did when emotions were heightened, but he still tried to keep calm and breathe.

Then it spoke.

And it scared him to death. Well, almost, but he did take a massive jump to the side and almost ran off. The heart in his chest tried to break out of the ribcage while the lungs demanded air. It talked. It fucking talked. He had never heard words spoken by others before, only those made by the wind and the earth. Trying hard not to black out from the shock and to keep the little ounce of dignity he had left, he straightened up and thought of an answer.

"I don't know."

Sad to say itw as the truth, but it still made him sound like a madman. He did not know his own name or why he talked to trees and sometimes rocks (but that was only when Ed was being a real jerk). He cocked his head to the side and let his eyes rest on her. "Do you?"

Image Credit

Tags - @[Niskaru]

Unregistered
Niskaru
tags » @[Windwalker]
words » 300
notes » really late sorry :/
Niskaru tensed as the stallion moved. Had she spooked him? Seemed strange that such a large, seemingly formidable brute would get scared at a little fae like her. She mused, her tail flicking as she pondered over what to do now. Audits quivered as she listened to his words. 'Do you?' Truthfully, she wanted to laugh at his question. What kind of question was that? Talking to trees? Who would waste their breath on such a thing? Unless maybe they had magic that might give the trees movement and voices? Her mind was full of sarcastic, almost snide comments as her humor beckoned her to react but she refused to give into it. The strange beast may have been jumpy before but if her sharp tongue got loose he might get angry.

'No, I can't say I have ..'

Nor anyone I know, she thought to herself. What must it be like to not know your calling? Did he know his past or was that lost to him as well? A sudden bout of curiosity and boldness struck her, carefully she moved towards the stranger. Her cloven daggers cut into the soft forest earth, the dead leaves and their musky smell giving way to new life as Birdsong crept in. Her nape was delicately arched and her maw extended towards the brute as she inched forwards. Her whiskers were close enough to be caressed by his breath, her nostrils flared and she snorted. Breathing in his scent, and allow him to also. Maybe this sort of interaction would calm them both. Her vocals softer this time, taking care not to startle him.

'What brings you to this dark forest?'

Maybe he felt comfort within the trees like she, although maybe a little too much if he was already taking to them.