the Rift

[OPEN] I CAN'T HEAR YOU..
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

Seriously. Gaucho can't hear you.

After telling his herd that he was about to begin his quest and that a loss of his senses was to follow, he had ventured down to the beach to find the oil that the Sun God had told him about. As he flew Mara's mental voice abruptly was silenced in his mind, the connection not broken, merely muted as the Sun God said it would be. The arrival of Cera only served as further confirmation that indeed the loss of his senses had begun.

So far it was only voices that he couldn't discern, but he was sure it wouldn't be long until more handicaps began to appear.

Still, it didn't diffuse his obligations to his herd, or his duty to patrol. He only hoped Oberon and Spice would arrive quickly. He had met both, albeit briefly. Oberon seemed capable, but Spice was only a child - a friend of one of his son's. Still, every member of his family was expected to contribute, no matter how new or young.

Striding through the forest the Wildfire snorted, hearing the sound of his own exhalation roaring in his ears without Mara's mental voice there to accompany the sound. Gaucho's flaming wings neatly hung against his flanks, illuminating the area directly around him with a warm pulsing light. Even if he couldn't hear them calling out to him, he should be fairly easy to spot: a giant within the forest, glowing and on fire.

Would they find the forest silent, undisturbed? Or would they perchance find another murdered body? He had released Hotaru .. silently he hoped that he would not find her with the body, should they stumble upon one.

Seasonal patrol for Gaucho, @[Oberon] and @[Spice] !

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Spice Posts: 118
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 2 years
Wayne :: Zebra Finch :: None Sage

Was I late?
Oh great Sun God, please don't let me be late for this patrol.
I didn't really know what a patrol was. But I obviously would not be asking that on his patrol. Obviously. Maybe I would ask later. Or...yeah. Later.
I glided through the sky, a few beats here and there...because I was on an air current. They are...the most interesting thing ever. It's like a path in the sky that pushes you places and you can hardly control yourself...well you can, but you are moving. Through the sky! How cool is that!

I was fascinated by these things, but on the outside, I was gliding through the sky on one, these thoughts of amazement filling my head...I had no real appearance of being exited about my recent discovery. I was quiet as I flew, observant of the lands below. Forest. It kind of reminded me of the forest me and Resplendence and Valiance had met in. I supposed it was and I soon was overcome with a sense of calm. That mare made me want to smile, for some odd reason. So, I did. Remembering the great red dragon perched atop her poll. And at first sight, she truly looked menacing. But she was kind, calm, and serene. We had our own thoughts and ways, but she seemed to get me. As I did her.

Swooping over, I tilt my wings to the left, to the ground. Aiming at an open clearing in the woods. The Deep Forest was the name. Something like that...I think. Smiling as I land, I feel myself getting better at it. Soon, I will be a good flier. I just needed to fly a lot to get the hang of it better and better...then I would be able to fly everywhere. I think.

Who knows? Maybe sometimes I just want to walk? I guess if I want to walk, I'd walk. Hm. Flying made the muscles in my back and sides feel powerful. I liked feeling powerful. It was fun and different. I guess that was why I liked it.
I'd been wandering for a few minutes. I hadn't noticed the way I wondered with a sense of actually knowing where I was. I don't know how that could be possible. And then again, maybe it isn't. I pick up a mild trail. The Wildfire. Following it, crown lowered closer to the ground, I feel like a hound dog from the fox and hound story my mom told me about. A dog creature sniffing the ground, following along with the scent of the fox with his head to the ground. Frankly, I didn't like that story. But the sniffing the ground thing seemed to help, as I actually had found The Wildfire.

Smiling, I come into his view. "Hello sir. I'm Spice, if you do not remember. And I was with Rhoa when I met you." I nod to him. Though, I do not notice the uneasy look on his face.
tag: @[Oberon] words: 500 notes: Hi!
Shine* Pic Credits
Gᴏᴏᴅ Gɪʀʟs Aʀᴇ Bᴀᴅ Gɪʀʟs Tʜᴀᴛ Hᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ Bᴇᴇɴ Cᴀᴜɢʜᴛ
Ascended Helovian

Upon the path that he had just come from came the small girl that he had met not so long ago. She reminded him a little of Amani, although perhaps it was only because of her colouring. She came with her head lowered to the path, almost as if she was following a thread to him, or perhaps a trail of breadcrumbs. Curiously he watched this. Wouldn't it have been far easier to keep her head raised and to see the massive creature on fire who stood before her? Well...

Flicking his tail he watched as her lips moved. Gaucho's ears slid backwards on his head, slightly annoyed. Had the girl been there when he addressed his herd letting them know of his quest? Should have been he mentally replied as his gaze sternly fell upon her. She was new to the Throat, but even so she should know to attend all meetings that he called. And they were fairly hard to miss - he did begin them by throwing fire into the air. He would have to talk with Rhoa. Perhaps his son was to blame, for having done a poor job of introducing her to the ways of the Throat.

"SPICE RIGHT." The Wildfire bellowed. You'd talk loudly too if you suddenly couldn't hear the sound of your own voice, much less the voices of others. "GAUCHO ON QUEST. CAN'T HEAR WORDS." In his antlers Mara practically fell out, as she laughed. The sound was like a shaker of salt being rolled on a bumpy surface - SssSSSSsssSSSssSSS. She dropped down from his antlers, laying herself across his muzzle and dripping off of his nose all the while holding on with her tail. Her black gaze was friendly as she regarded the girl once again, nodding her head up and down as if to indicate that she remembered the girl as well.

Image Credits

Hidden Account

Yup. He was screaming at me.

I didn't notice at first that he was only screaming because he could not hear. I had it put into my head that he was upset. That was what my mother did when she where upset about something, though she told me she was screaming inside. She never raised her voice at me. And I am glad for it. Everyday, well almost, I think of how I could be different if she screamed at me or told me to work harder...
Or even taught how to fly.
Because that would have made a tremendous difference. Yup.
When I'd caught on that he was only screaming because he could not hear his own voice, I decided it only fitting that I screamed as well, leaning closer to him I screamed "OKAY! WHERE DO WE START?" I don't know what else to say -scream- because I have never done one of these things before.

I look over him once again, my concerns resting not on his hear problem, but his wings. What in the world! How...how did they flame and flicker like that? It was like Rhoa's wings but more...flame-y. I remembered whens he first met him, it wasn't like this then. Lower. Almost to embers. But now it was wider. I didn't want to know what powered the flames. I was guessing it was sudden burst of emotion, how Rhoa's seemed to pulse all the time, the Wildfire's seemed to stay in one spot.

I wonder if he is mad at me while I wait for his reply.

tag: words: 263 notes: sorry, low muse
Shine* Pic Credits
Ascended Helovian

[S'okay! Not easy patrolling with someone who can't hear. No much chit chat. :| ]
Mara snickered to herself as the child yelled back. Yelling at Gaucho in general was something that not many did, least of all children. The Wildfire towered over the girl, and possessed both enough muscle, sharp objects, and magic to entirely obliterate the girl. And yet she stood, apparently without fear, yelling back into his face. Mara decided she liked the child. She could see why Rhoa did as well. Mara who could hear just fine wished she could relay her message back to Gaucho who was entirely illequipped to try and read lips.

Mara hissed encouragingly, gently nuzzling against his warm dark flesh adoringly. Gaucho's dark ears flickered as he bobbed his head. It didn't surprise him that the girl hadn't patrolled before, but nor did it bother him. Everyone had to start somewhere and he was pleased that she was at least showing some initiative.

"THIS -" Mara abruptly interrupted, smacking Gaucho between the eyes gently to try and make him understand that he needed to speak more softly. "This way." Gaucho corrected, although it still sounded weird in his own mind.

Gaucho turned and began to walk down the path. His stormy gaze peered into the darkness as the Woods began to crowd around them, blocking out the light. Snorting Gaucho realized that without being able to hear, should something befall the child while she was behind him he would have no knowledge of it. The Wildfire stepped aside, off the path and nosed in the direction that they were walking indicating that Spice ought to go first. "Gaucho stay in back. You go first." He commanded patiently.

Squinting, Gaucho decided they needed more light for their journey farther into the woods. Allowing Mara to bite the tip of his ear in order to draw a single bead of blood. As she did so magic blossomed in his heart and mind, causing silvery smoke to pour out of his antlers. It immediately lit on fire and dropped to the ground. Two massive stags began to form, completely draped in flames. They locked antlers for a moment playfully before prancing forward, their glowing bodies illuminating the path in a beautiful warm light.

Image Credits

Hidden Account

I can't help but smile at the help the tiny dragon was giving the man. It seemed she could hear me. Well, obviously she could, but I didn't know she could actually understand me. Interesting. I wonder inside if all animals do.

And for a few moments, I feel content.

"THIS.."

The dragon reminded him with a light smack that he was talking really loud and he quieted when he spoke his neck words. And though it might sound weird in his head, I was happy not to be screaming at him.

He turned and started walking down a pathway that seemed it had been created through out the years of equines and pegasus' and uni-horns. The man had stepped off the path, and was nosing forward with light words. I had started to pass him, walking by with only a nod so that no screaming would need to happen.
I didn't really like the darkness, but it's not like I could show it here. I mean, I saw it every night, and every night I am just fine. And, now that I think about it, I don't see why I was all that scared in the first place.

I am shrouded by darkness. My old life, it is just a fairytale -nightmare- now. I can't go back. The darkness was wrapped around that place and so was my want to love my mother. Now, I don't want to love her. She kept me there when I could have seen all of this.

Heloiva... life. That thing I had been living before was only just a pseudo. Now I am not as alone as I was before. And I take this life gladly. I just see darkness around my scheme to get out. And I don't like it. I know my mother would not want me to be thinking about leaving because...why would I ever leave?

But I hope she knows me good enough to realize that I left because of her.

Her and her stories.

They helped me realize what I want to do. What I want to be. And now, I have finally found that. I glance up from the ground I had been staring at as I was deep in thoughts about darkness. There where flaming stags in their path, lighting the way. I wonder how the Wild Fire has made them, but I do not say a word, only start to walk down the lit path quietly, thoughts of darkness trailing behind me, left in their home.

The darkness.

tag: @[Gaucho] words: 422 notes:
Shine* Pic Credits