the Rift

[OPEN] Sins of our Fathers

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd

Well...fuck.

I watch as she takes a step back, eyes widening. I'm about to ask what's the matter as she begins to speak, promptly causing my teeth to shut with a clack. My mind immediately thinks of a million answers to her question until she asks me one: Can you even comprehend how it feels to be completely and utterly alone? I feel as though I am being choked as memories flood into my mind. Of course I do. I have been without Ivezho, my twin for nearly a season now. Inseparable at birth and now...now he's just gone. It felt unfair, and my heart rallied against the injustice of it every time his name floated through my thoughts. But even more than that, I almost died at birth. Did she!? You want to know what it is to feel alone?! It's to not even have spoken one syllable, to not even have seen the faces of those around you as the blackness swoops in to take you down into the depths forever.

I almost don't hear the rest of what she says, until she calls Father evil. My ears snap backwards and my nostrils flare. How dare she think that her hurt is more important than mine? How dare she imply that she is the only one who knows pain, or that she can judge the worth of my father based on the narrow view of him that she has? My Father is a great Sultan.

She is a stupid girl and..and...

Suddenly I feel like crying. This isn't fair either. This isn't my job to defend Father's actions. I just came here to be alone! I don't want this! I ...I can feel myself breaking down, my resolve, my anger. It all begins to fade and flow into my hooves making them feel heavy and immobilized. If she wanted him so bad why couldn't she have just followed her mother? They did walk after all.

UGH!

"He didn't steal her." I reply, trying not to sound nearly as furious as I was.
"He challenged her. It was the honorable thing to do. Do you know what it was your mother did? She tried to steal from our family. She was sneaking around members of our herd, trying to take them away. Then she was seen taking things from the dead bodies that have shown up."

I don't want to fight with her. I just want her to go away, or to play with me, or do something other than this, but clearly that isn't going to happen. And since it isn't I just want her to understand. He'd my Father. I can't have her hating him when he doesn't deserve it.

"She chose to steal. And she chose to go with him back to the Throat. She knew this was a possibility when she tried to hurt our family - she knew it might mean leaving you alone and she did it anyways. If you should be mad at anyone it's your mother. Not my Father. Wouldn't your mother seek justice if someone tried to hurt you? That's all Father was doing. We've never done anything to the Basin and yet you attack us. We aren't the evil ones."

I've calmed down a little. I think what I said was reasonable, but that remains to be seen.

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Sins of our Fathers - by Rhoa - 12-18-2014, 02:26 PM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Arya - 12-18-2014, 03:56 PM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Rhoa - 12-18-2014, 04:46 PM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Arya - 12-18-2014, 05:28 PM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Rhoa - 12-19-2014, 01:59 PM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Arya - 12-19-2014, 05:53 PM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Rhoa - 12-22-2014, 04:54 PM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Arya - 01-03-2015, 01:35 AM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Rhoa - 01-03-2015, 01:58 PM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Arya - 01-07-2015, 06:42 PM