the Rift

[OPEN] Sins of our Fathers

Arya Posts: 50
Hidden Account
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 2
Minx
Hundred years, hundred more
Someday we may see a woman king, sword in hand.

Swing at some evil and bleed.

The argument was going in circles. Arya would never let her godlike view of her mother alter. She wouldn’t let the son of an enemy tarnish the image of her mother. When she had been barely more than a season old she had declared her preference for her mother over her father. She had looked the man who had partook in her creation and defined her love for him was lesser. That was when he simply said, mothers were gods in the eyes of their children. The words had meant nothing to her at the time, but she finally understood what her father meant.

Her tears had dried and she noticed the tension in the air seemed to settle. It was an honest relief that maybe there was potential for redemption. The huntress might’ve developed a cynical heart, but she was still hungry for friends. She listened in silence as he declared ignorance of old feuds. Funny, she didn’t particularly know why either. He went on and she nodded her head slowly. She smiled at his laughter, but couldn’t muster up any herself. At least one of them could laugh. Above all else it was a relief that the mood shifted so drastically.

“I’m sorry to.” She said slowly. Arya couldn’t truly tell whether she was sorry for their meeting or her mother’s capture. “I wouldn’t bind yourself to a promise you might not be able to keep. Only make a vow if you can fulfill it.” Too many idiotic heroes had deals, bargains, and oaths they didn’t wind up honoring. She knew very well there was little value on the promise of one so close to her age. Youth disabled any influence. “I hope that is the case.” Every day that passed agonized her heart.

Rhoa’s question took her slightly off-guard. The huntress racked her brain for any story or hint either parent might’ve dropped. In the end, she only shook her head with a slight bit of disappointment. “We should learn what it is though. I’m sure each herd has it’s own side though.” She paused for a moment and she realized that she knew little about the Dragon’s Throat in general. “What’s it like in the Dragon’s Throat? Is everyone winged like you?”

@[Rhoa]

"talk talk talk"

• tag in opening posts only 
• violence/magic is permitted. maiming/death is not without prior permission

Messages In This Thread
Sins of our Fathers - by Rhoa - 12-18-2014, 02:26 PM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Arya - 12-18-2014, 03:56 PM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Rhoa - 12-18-2014, 04:46 PM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Arya - 12-18-2014, 05:28 PM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Rhoa - 12-19-2014, 01:59 PM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Arya - 12-19-2014, 05:53 PM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Rhoa - 12-22-2014, 04:54 PM