the Rift

[OPEN] Sins of our Fathers

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd

She calls me on the promise that I never should have made, and I can feel blood rushing to my cheeks. Luckily the remain dark, but I turn my head away out of shame. She is right of course. Her Mother could have been executed in the time that we've been talking for all I know. It isn't likely but ... I suppose it's possible. I shouldn't have promised I just ... I just wanted to make her feel better that's all. And it isn't like Father to do that ... Is it? What do I actually know about him? Well, I hope I'm not wrong.

As she shakes her head indicating that she doesn't know what caused the tension between our herds I sigh slightly. It seems no one does. Could it be possible that we're actually fighting over nothing? Or at least, whatever grudge started this whole thing is long buried beneath two rotting corpses now? I shudder at the thought. If we're going to go to war here, I at least hope that someone knows why.

As she directs my attention to the Throat I smile faintly. It is the only home I have ever known, and yet I am sure that it is the best one. "It's wonderful ... We're almost an island, surrounded by water all the way around except for the narrow land bridge that leads in. It's sandy and warm, but we've got a great inland lake to play and drink from. There are even a few trees - but the largest is the Dragon's Tree. I think it bleeds blood if you hurt it. It's probably a million years old. We've also got the Diviner's fire, where we receive messages from the God of the Sun." She asks about Pegasi and I have to pause to think. We do have non winged members it's just ... not very many. I shrug my shoulders. "Lots of pegasi, yeah I guess. Before when Kri led I think she only let in Pegasi ... I don't know. I wasn't born then. But now Father lets in any who are willing to contribute. We're a small herd but everyone pulls their weight. We have a few unicorns I think.."

I picture Voodoo, Sikeax and Alija. No one else comes to mind. Again I shrug. It doesn't seem important to me - the whole species thing. But to some it is.

"What's your home like? All unicorns?"

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Sins of our Fathers - by Rhoa - 12-18-2014, 02:26 PM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Arya - 12-18-2014, 03:56 PM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Rhoa - 12-18-2014, 04:46 PM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Arya - 12-18-2014, 05:28 PM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Rhoa - 12-19-2014, 01:59 PM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Arya - 12-19-2014, 05:53 PM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Rhoa - 12-22-2014, 04:54 PM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Arya - 01-03-2015, 01:35 AM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Rhoa - 01-03-2015, 01:58 PM