the Rift

[OPEN] You Don't Want to Dance With Me

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik the Bloodskald

If this is where the path leads...

This mare with the two-toned face stared back at him clearly unaffected by his size, gender, or attitude. On a different day mayhap, Torleik would have tried to be polite, to engage this newcomer, learn her name, about her, who brought her in (he would guess Ophelia with her activity as of late since becoming the new Basin Lady) - but today was a weary day. He'd spent a good deal of time traveling home after a frustrating and ineffectual spar with a firecracker pegasus mare, and the plodding had only served to preserve the throb in his head during the journey.

This woman replied that it seemed he was right, and the Bloodskald's brows quirked up ever so slightly, indicating he wasn't about to speak if she had no intention of using this opportunity to make herself un-lost. It was her luck that she schooled her tone as she did, for the way she worded the question might have completely turned the general away were she less skilled at playing social graces. Torleik snorted. So she was searching for the same thing as he. How...fitting.

Since they would be traveling in the same direction, to the same place, spending time at said same place, the Bloodskald resigned himself to playing nice as she had played acceptably polite moments ago.
"I am heading there myself, if you wish to follow," he rumbled, angling himself towards the springs and beginning a slow pace. "I am Torleik. I don't believe we've met prior; what do they call you?"

The query itself was given in an irregular manner for this language, but such a question was normal amongst his people. What is your name and what are you called - they meant the same. His gaze shifted around, cold where the springtime was warming, icy and blue where everything around him was sprouting green and vibrant colors. Was this his destiny? To be forever winter even when the world around him was spring? Smoke curling in sensuous tendrils licked at the cooler air above and indicated like a beacon where the travelers' destination lay. "Hot springs, as promised," the frozen-eyed demon murmured, wasting no time in slowly, gingerly immersing himself in the curative liquid. It was a well of restoration and the Bloodskald's gratitude for it could span great poems and bard-songs.

But for now, he would soak quietly, absorbing heat from the water and information from this momentary companion.

"talk talk talk"

@[Solanine]

Art by Veradaine @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
You Don't Want to Dance With Me - by Solanine - 12-18-2014, 07:13 PM
RE: You Don't Want to Dance With Me - by Torleik - 12-18-2014, 09:21 PM
RE: You Don't Want to Dance With Me - by Solanine - 12-19-2014, 02:50 AM
RE: You Don't Want to Dance With Me - by Torleik - 12-23-2014, 02:48 PM