the Rift

[OPEN] You Don't Want to Dance With Me

Solanine Posts: 15
Aurora Basin Phantom atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 HH :: 5 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
She had no relevant past and no promising future to deliberate in the quiet. Solanine lived for the moment at no fault of her own. Days past had been hard and certainly not worth remembering- but wait, wasn’t that considered a common woe? Perhaps that was why she did not consider it, did not let emotions consume and disarm her. The mare, much like the hundreds before her, had struck out on her own at a young age only to find her nature turned from amiability. She was selfish, that much was true, but she was not heartless. Without proper guidance she had resorted to philandering and thieving in order to sustain her opulent proclivities.

Even now, she was no better than a child seeking to fulfill her desires and live just as freely as her ever-changing attentions. To condemn her for her behavior would be the equivalent of clipping the fragile wings of a bird yet too young or too dumb to fly. Yes, she was an intelligent creature and one adaptable to various occupations at that. But without anything other than greed to direct the wayward child, she was nothing but a lost soul, a broken record doomed to repeat past mistakes until shattered.

With a midnight gaze trained on the tall man and no words hanging upon eager lips, the mare nodded absently at his loose promises. The future was not ever guaranteed and Solanine, though pleased by his admission, had grown to know better. “Torleik, it has most certainly been a pleasure,” she offered vaguely in reply. But with topics so palpable and her mind so easily changed, Solanine was quite enthusiastic to explain her first few nights in the Basin. “Ah yes, I’ve never seen anything like the… sentinels? Forgive me, I’m unaccustomed to this way of life,” she trailed off quietly.

After joining the tall man in the hot spring Solanine had been quite content to revel in memories still fresh and new. Ophelia had been the first to deem Solanine worthy of company and home and had the Gods given her fortune the mare would have controlled the words that rolled so easily from tongue. Had she been less driven, less determined to seat herself upon a throne of victory and self-preservation, maybe she would have cut the shit and felled her walls. But they remained intact, a force unyielding to even the mare’s own pleas.

However, the tall man did not see her that way. He saw only the façade; the veil long ago stitched by her own hand to conceal soul and self alike. But he had ignited curiosity in the young woman. With wide, inquisitive eyes Solanine fixed a serious gaze on Torleik before questioning softly, “And what does your Lady desire?

Solanine

You've been sanctified
image credits

@[Torleik]

OOC| Thank you for bearing with me. I'm really trying to click with her and I'm having a lot of trouble with her personality. So forgive me if she's super... bi-polar.

Messages In This Thread
You Don't Want to Dance With Me - by Solanine - 12-18-2014, 07:13 PM
RE: You Don't Want to Dance With Me - by Torleik - 12-18-2014, 09:21 PM
RE: You Don't Want to Dance With Me - by Solanine - 12-19-2014, 02:50 AM
RE: You Don't Want to Dance With Me - by Torleik - 12-23-2014, 02:48 PM
RE: You Don't Want to Dance With Me - by Solanine - 12-30-2014, 09:15 PM
RE: You Don't Want to Dance With Me - by Torleik - 12-31-2014, 12:47 PM
RE: You Don't Want to Dance With Me - by Solanine - 01-04-2015, 12:05 AM