the Rift

tuck me away in the secrets you keep

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
d'Artagnan the Nightshade

It was a subtle shift, a small movement, but when the soot-splashed mare lowered her head d’Artagnan could feel victory within his grasp. At least, he’d broken the ice anyway and he’d be lying if he said he wasn’t trying to convince her to travel northwards. The shade offered her a small friendly smile, an equally subtle movement, to let her know that she was in good company and he appreciated her trust. The horned folk were meant to look after one another after all; the closer knit they were, the harder they became to break down and their ironclad kinship would win them many battles in the future. Though d’Artagnan had yet to land on such fortunate times and perhaps those victories know fell before his children, whom he would clear a path for. Returning to the present, however, the Nightshade frowned even deeper at the mention of Helovia’s invisible portal. He’d heard of magic disappearing before, but not of memories. The thought troubled him a little, but he soon let is pass as a bizarre feature to an already bizarre land.

“You must have been unlucky, I haven’t heard of it doing that before. Though if you see it as a fortune then congratulations I suppose. I hope the next set of memories are greater than the last” he roughly laughed through his gruff tones. Indeed he envied her a little, she’d been granted a restart button that he so wished would be offered to himself, to erase everything and start again. Forget the pain, the anger and the frustration, although there were some moments in his life he would like to always remember. Looking at Brisé now, he wondered how much of the good she was missing from her past life, who knew, she might have been Queen in a wealthy land surrounded by riches and power. Or free in a peaceful world. What if those memories came back one day and she found it all too much? Questions for the future, the Nightshade stuffed them away and concentrated on the immediate situation.

The Mender’s gaze soaked in her lingering smile as Aramis rolled a tongue out to one side, the growing Birdsong heat beginning to get to the hound who hadn’t yet thinned out all of his winter fluff. d’Artagnan’s lips curled upwards even further, “heaven on earth” the Basin was that at times. Cool climate, full of caves to hide in and devious plotting to immerse oneself in. Ambitious and secretive, but solid like a family, the Nightshade had grown to like the Aurora Basin after a long time of bitterness over losing the Worlds Edge. Not that he didn’t want to get his old land back of course, but his lifetime may not see such an event, which was why he instilled such stories into his eldest and most prized daughter, Aviya.

He couldn’t quite go straight onto the customary “I’ll lead on” speech, as Brisé seemed to grow a little more curious. Her question was directed to that of his silver tattoo that marked his flank and, slightly taken aback, the Mender considered his words for a moment. What could he say? My shame or a moment of idiocy. The thoughts passed through his mind like blunt insults and Aramis decided to join in with his own suggestion, ”love mark? You only have it because you fancied the Moon Goddess” d’Artagnan snorted and shot a disgusted look at the dog. ”She fancied me, I could hardly say no?!” He retorted internally. Aramis made a canine expression of mock agreement and the Doctor let it slide out of consideration for the mare that couldn’t hear their mental war of words. “It’s a Gods mark. I had a… uhm… run in with the Moon Goddess and I was marked with it. She is one of four Gods that reside here.” He informed, struggling slightly on how to word his encounter with the immortal deity.

Quickly wanting to change the subject to avoid embarrassment, the Doctor flicked his head northwards and shuffled his hooves as if he wanted to leave. He hoped she’d drop it for their journey ahead, otherwise the dear old Mender would have a cringe worthy conversation on his hands. “Shall we move out?”

[ooc: haha thank you!! I'm really enjoying their interaction, I can't wait to see how Brisé develops :D]
Credits: Image by Tamme

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
tuck me away in the secrets you keep - by Brisé - 12-19-2014, 01:25 AM
RE: tuck me away in the secrets you keep - by Brisé - 12-19-2014, 01:42 PM
RE: tuck me away in the secrets you keep - by Brisé - 12-19-2014, 03:29 PM
RE: tuck me away in the secrets you keep - by d'Artagnan - 12-19-2014, 06:10 PM
RE: tuck me away in the secrets you keep - by Brisé - 12-19-2014, 10:38 PM