the Rift

~ Uncover My Roots ~

Elecampane Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

A rustle in the undergrowth raised the small hairs on the base of the young stallion’s nape. Fiery, amber orbs shifted, coming to rest on a pale figure emerging from the brush. It was the first equine Ele had encountered in some time, so he stood alert, calculating her response. This strange, new territory could very well present beasts of his breed that bore menace towards outsiders. The sable stag measured the newcomer carefully, but her body language showed no signs of aggression. Soft, amber eyes focused on Ele, and the colt blinked back in curiosity.

The mare appeared almost as an ethereal being; her coat was a beautiful, cloudy sterling, with violet, wave-like patterns rising up from her barrel. Her horn rose tall above her crown, and the glassy gyrations glistened in the sunlight. When she finally spoke, Ele had begun to relax. He released a quick snort, retorting at the fact he was dubbed 'young'. Of course, the fair creature meant absolutely nothing by it, but Ele expressed his irritation all the same. His sensitivity always got the better of him, with little consideration of whether or not it was reasonable.

He had barely parted his lips to speak when another voice shattered the silence. The champagne brute nearly jumped out of his skin, as a third body presented itself. The stranger had failed to make any noise at all in approaching, and it caused Ele to feel brutally oblivious. He swallowed his embarrassment, and took a moment to observe the fae. Wide, obsidian optics pierced the peacefulness of the spring morning like a bright lick of flame in a somber twilight. The blanched bands that dressed the jet black of her pelt struck the colt with intrigue. The words she spoke were friendly, yet Ele still felt a fierceness behind them that made them feel a bit factitious.

It was a long moment before the drake could bring himself to form a response to the duo. He was surprised at how quickly the two femme’s had shown up. What had he stumbled into? Surely, this was no longer the vacant wilderness he once traversed! Ele cleared his throat and spoke, cautiously, “I apologize for my confusion, but where am I? Who are you?”

Messages In This Thread
~ Uncover My Roots ~ - by Elecampane - 12-19-2014, 05:56 PM
RE: ~ Uncover My Roots ~ - by Cashmere - 12-19-2014, 11:38 PM
RE: ~ Uncover My Roots ~ - by Solanine - 12-20-2014, 01:44 AM
RE: ~ Uncover My Roots ~ - by Elecampane - 12-21-2014, 12:38 PM
RE: ~ Uncover My Roots ~ - by Cashmere - 12-21-2014, 08:45 PM
RE: ~ Uncover My Roots ~ - by Solanine - 12-22-2014, 08:46 PM
RE: ~ Uncover My Roots ~ - by Elecampane - 12-22-2014, 09:39 PM
RE: ~ Uncover My Roots ~ - by Cashmere - 12-25-2014, 10:54 PM
RE: ~ Uncover My Roots ~ - by Solanine - 12-29-2014, 12:22 AM
RE: ~ Uncover My Roots ~ - by Elecampane - 01-12-2015, 12:30 AM
RE: ~ Uncover My Roots ~ - by Cashmere - 01-18-2015, 06:44 AM