the Rift

Will you kill what's left of me?

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik the Bloodskald

All I see is silhouette

Birdsong was an interesting time for the Threshold, ushering in newcomer after newcomer. The Bloodskald supposed it was due to the pleasant weather, but in truth, he found springtime rather...unsettling. For life to come from death was a cycle that sat uneasily in the Bloodskald's chest, though he knew it to be natural. But death...death should be final. One died and their spirit was carried to Valhallr if the Valkyries and Odin willed it.

To be stuck in an endless cycle of dying only to live again...it sounded like hell. A warrior longed for a good death; to be eternally denied that was unthinkable. Such thoughts of death and rebirth consumed the mindspace of the warrior-poet as he wandered down from the Basin, half-patrolling, half-wandering, compelled by his nomadic nature. A concept of a central home was necessary, but staying in one place all the time? Unheard of.

As was usual, Irelyn skimmed the trees and informed him of those nearby. Most of the time the general would ignore this if he would not be passing close by, but his bonded's tone sounded concerned, urgent almost. There was a unicorn, and another, and one was in distress. Was it because of the other nearby? Thoughts of the blind one, Morir, came unbidden to his mind and Torleik's dark lips wilted into a grim frown. An allogenic nature didn't preclude suffering crimes from one's own - or perpetrating them, it seemed. Aligning his course with Irelyn's directions, the rune-horned demon altered his pace none.

“This is Helovia, and I am of the Basin. No one will attack you or carry you away, peace brother…What is your name, poor creature?"

Silence.

Broken only by sobs.

“Ma-Maitimo. I know he sent you…Please, please don’t take me back. Please, just end it now for me.”

The black, rabicano stallion broke through a thick cluster of trees to find the two in a small clearing, his eyes instantly attributing the question to the golden unicorn that stood tall and the frail answer to the one cowering on the ground, barely looking up. "I can assure you, Maitimo, no one here will be forcing you anywhere you do not want to go, nor performing any violence against your person," Torleik said firmly, voice powerful but with a comforting softness like he'd use to soothe a frightened youngling.

Crystalline eyes studied the golden stallion closely, having seen him mayhap once or twice before in the Basin. He was certainly no soldier; not with the...self-absorbed air Torleik sensed clinging unattractively to his lines - though perhaps that was bias. The dark stallion tried to reserve judgement for the time being. "Maitimo, I am Torleik, and I, too, am from this Basin. Whatever you are running from, whatever chases you, understand we can and will offer you sanctuary - right, brother?" he queried, giving the lighter unicorn a subtle look as he directed his question to the fellow Basiner. His misgivings about the golden boy were still clamoring at the back of his mind, but for now, showing a solid front to this pathetic soul was more important.

Torleik had never claimed he couldn't act.

Being a good skald, was, after all, in the delivery.

"talk talk talk"

@[Thrandruil]
@[Maitimo]
Art by Veradaine @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Will you kill what's left of me? - by Maitimo - 12-20-2014, 04:23 AM
RE: Will you kill what's left of me? - by Maitimo - 12-23-2014, 01:20 AM
RE: Will you kill what's left of me? - by Torleik - 12-23-2014, 09:00 PM