the Rift

[PRIVATE] The Best People in Life are Free

Spice Posts: 118
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 2 years
Wayne :: Zebra Finch :: None Sage

I feel soft today, light as a feather as I soar through the clear blue sky, not cover in clouds like many other days. I would glance up and take a quick check. But, many days the sky was too cold. Or too cloudy. No, I was not goldilocks, I just liked a nice condition to fly in. I could choose those kind of things. Unlike what I look like. Unless I painted some kind of marking on myself. But...I would think they would notice it. If I had a marking on me that was not regular.

Like the Wildfire's markings. They looked painted on, but seemed pretty real in the way they glowed like that. I thought that he was important in a way, and I had hoped I was right. He was a leader, yes, and he was strong. But He was not particularly voice-strong. I didn't want to tell him this, of course. But I figured he could still use constructive-like criticism. I would not just simply say, straight out that his voice was really deep. I would say it with deep things.

Now landing, I forgot all about Gaucho. He was not important as I half-flew and half-plummeted. I needed all my attention on this, and when I got all the guards where I needed them, now if only we could get out...Frowning, I land in a flurry of feathers and whinnies. Though, I do not complain about my landing, feeling as though I have been getting better. Hopefully...My wings, weaker than before had drooped. I folded them neatly to my sides. Ah, this field was nice, wasn't it?

I didn't know what else to think about than the swirling fog ahead, or the weird urge to run around and play in this very open and delicate area. I decide not right now because I feel exhausted from my own flight. I lay, my legs folded under me. My head up only to take in the scents and looks of this area.

"Spice Yapping" @[Satanic Silk]
― zoe ―
Gᴏᴏᴅ Gɪʀʟs Aʀᴇ Bᴀᴅ Gɪʀʟs Tʜᴀᴛ Hᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ Bᴇᴇɴ Cᴀᴜɢʜᴛ

Satanic Silk Posts: 153
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 5 (Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
A foul mood I'm strolling through the Fields. My head is pounding, my heart is aching. My meeting with Midas didn't go as planned and though I found my love Africa, I left without her and with a shattered heart. I don't know if she is going to come back to me, and I don't know if she still loves me. If she ever loved me. The Heavenly Fields isn't exactly the first place I'd go to mope but here I am. Stomping through the ground, hooves digging into the turf with no care for the green life that I stomp out. My nostrils flare and my eyes could burn a hole in anything that I stare at. Were it not for my quest I would stomp the amulet to pieces as it lies on the ground. But instead, I leave it hanging around my neck, jangling softly against my chest. The amulet from her.

Before me I spy a target for my rage. A little filly in the clearing, lying down to rest I presume. I hesitate. Through my life I've noticed I have a tender spot for lonely foals, and this one doesn't have a mother or father in sight. Perhaps I should leave now and prevent this little one from drowning in my rage. But my better nature doesn't listen, and I walk forward with purpose, stopping not far away. I drop my head down to her level and eye her. "And how long have you been here by yourself?" I narrow my eyes suspiciously, as if expecting her to be up to no good. My foul mood allows for no innocence.

"talk"
OOC: Sorry, I have no muse so this post is all over the place. Also, could you use a slightly bigger table/font? I had to copy/paste this one to Word so I could read it.

image credit
[Image: silkicon2_by_lainey_lou-d73bsek.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Hidden Account
S
P
I
C
E
I didn't notice him right away, and when I did, he spoke in a deep and different tongue. I shivered under his gaze, my eyes sliding over him. Leather wings. He actually had leather wings! Wow. I couldn't believe my eyes. Not really...

I scanned him up and down multiple times. Just in case. "Not too long..." I muster, as I stare up at him. Pretty tall...I push myself to my feet, standing, hopefully looking taller. I nod to myself, he was pretty tall. "Why?" I ask, feeling suddenly challenging and daring towards this guy. What right did he have to use a foul tone with me? He didn't even know me. I take a step away, because he seems pretty upset about something and I wondering what it is. How could I not? There was something in his eyes...and I didn't necessarily like it. Though I did not say it aloud, I really wanted to know what seemed to upset him.

And although he didn't seem like the nicest guy, I was going to do what I had to to get it out of him. "What's wrong?" I look him up and down again, skipping over his eyes and then looking to his wings, again for the bajillionth time in that minute. There is something around his neck, I eye it suspiciously. I don't want to steal it, but I suppose that mischief was showing through my eyes. That's what happens when I feel something strong and disliking. Though sometimes I do a good job hiding it, I can still tell when they read my eyes.
I don't like stealing, my mother had told me about my father. How he stole things. Things like her heart.

And her virginity. Whatever that was.

ooc;; sorry for the trouble!
Image Credit

The filly stands as she answers my inquiry. Her voice is soft, clearly intimidated by my size. Or grouchiness. I suppose it could be either one. She asks why I'm asking the question, and I think to myself that maybe I should make an effort to be a little nicer. After all, she's done nothing to me. I try to smooth the rude over, though underneath my foul mood remains firmly in place. "Because no young child should be wandering alone for very long. It's not always safe." My fondness for foals is showing. Not like I'll be having any of my own at the rate I'm going.

She glances at my eyes and my wings, moving back and forth. It seems that she hasn't seen someone with wings like mine before, and is fascinated with them (as she should be). The little one asks what is wrong; my piss poor attitude is plain as day, what's behind it is not. "I... am having issues with someone I care deeply about." Why am I confessing this to a little girl? I don't want to seem weak or pathetic to her, and it isn't like she's going to solve my problems. I turn my face away, frowning. Goddamn feelings.

Reluctantly I glance back at her and give her a good eye up and down. A white body splotched brown, with mixed browns for mane and tail. Her eyes are opposite colored of mine. A little pegasus, smelling of the Throat as I do. And yet I've never met her. "What is your name, child?"

"talk"

image credit
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Hidden Account
S
P
I
C
E
Not always safe?
Being with people like you is not always safe.

And yet, he seems vulnerable here in this position I had somehow put him in. Or maybe he put himself in it as he looks away from me. I smile, though he does not seem happy to be sharing those kind of things with a filly he just met, I just smile.

The man looked me over, lingering on my eyes for a millisecond longer than the rest, as if examining and comparing. He finally asks his question. It was like I could feel it brewing in his own stomach. Odd. "Spice, of the Dragons Throat." This man smelled of the sands as well, and I don't know why but I feel compelled to hear his story. Did he love this one he cared deeply about? Or where they just a good friend? They could even be his mother for the gods' sake.

"Now, who is it that you care so deeply about?" I ask, eyes widening for an effect, I take a short step towards the man of midnight. I probably seem too caught up in his own life to ask of his name, but I remember that too. I just don't ask of it now. "Not to be all in your business, sir, but I can help you." I offer my help, and I hope I can because I would just look weird. Standing there with an offer that one dose not take...I needed him to take it. I listened to the gears in his mind click together, shifting and turning inside his head. Full of thoughts of her, thoughts of this mysterious someone, and probably other things if he was part of her herd, which seemed always in business, aways doing something.
Image Credit

The youngin' answers with her name. Spice. No, I'm not familiar with her name, but she says she's from the Throat, so I most definitely should. In my mind I am very irritated with myself, feeling ashamed that I wouldn't know all those in the Throat. How am I supposed to protect them from stealths and spies if I don't even know they're in the herd? Good lord, Silk. I see the question bubble up to her lips before she even asks it, but I wait, readying myself for it. 'Who is it you care so deeply about?' I huff and lift my head, acting too proud to answer. A frown crosses my face, as I contemplate answering her question. I'm not sure I really feel like sharing with this near-stranger, but at the same time, better than opening my heart to someone close who might think differently of me for it. When she insists that she can help me... The innocent, childish plea gets me in the heart and I sigh. Alright, I'll give in to the pretty lady. "Very well, I shall confide in you. My heart longs to Africa the Starry-Eyed, but our romance has been... rocky." I glance down at her, worried that she might judge me for being in love with our ex-Sultana. Worried about a child judging me? What has my life come to that I'm so worried about a filly's opinion of me more than my own? My ears swivel back, uncomfortable with the conversation that I am clearly not in charge of. The little girl is leading this dance, not I.

"talk"
(Sorry for the crappy post)

image credit
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Hidden Account
S
P
I
C
E
Really? This guy clearly knows nothing of love!...at the moment. I smile at him, kind and clever. "Bat wings... Mr. Bat Wings!" I come up with a name for him because he has yet to tell me his true one. I go with looks first, as it reminded me of what my mother would say when I got a little dirty. "Mr. Bat Wings! You should really get cleaned up! No one is going to want to play with you if you are dirty and dull!" I started to dance. My neck whipped around, flinging my mane and tail two-and-fro I pretend there is music. The soft bang of a tail on their thigh. Dancing around him in a circle, I start to sing.

"Oh! Mr.! Oh Sir! If you want the girl to like you, you better get washed up! Get the nettles out of your hair! Get the dry tears off your face!

And dance with me!

Dance as you groom, need look spiffy for the girl! Don't make a fuss, because surly you will become, something graaaannndddd!
When you are all clean, let's be sure to take a look at the personality of yours!

No, I am not telling you to change for, what would I do that?"

I think of any reason he would have to reject me when I was singing to him full on when he seemed to have a soft spot for me. Maybe even all younger foals. Or maybe, he was just weak from his troubles. Who knew?

"Just shape up, a little here, a little there! And she be in love with you in seconds flat!
Just promise me you will have some fun, maybe even dance! Because...

Africa? What kind of name is that? I resume quickly once again, because I don't want to make him uncertain.

"Africa will surly love the new looks, and a little fun as well! Just try it, I bet you'll have fun! Just try it! Juuussstttt tryyyy ittt!"

I finish, breathing a bit heavily from dancing around and singing to this stallion, all the while smiling, my eyes shining with a new light. My mother never sang, but I guessed her voice was beautiful under that storytelling voice of hers. "Now, get to it!" I smile, whipping my tail back and forth all the while. I don't want him to be scared of me now, though I don't see any reason he would be. But, I imagine everything.

Looking up at the sky, a flock of birds in a pointed shape passes. I smile, my mind loosing track of what I was doing for a moment. Thinking of how whenever I tried to fly with a bird, it was just caw! And fly off, scared of me. I didn't want birds to be scared of me...
Lost in my own weird little thoughts, I almost forget about Mr. Bat Wings, sighing into my own little abyss of silence.

Image Credit

I don't really know what I was expecting. Maybe some small words of advice or a look of confusion as she sympathizes with me for my troubles. Instead, she names me Mr. Bat Wings -- and who am I to stop her from giving me a (very accurate) nickname? But what comes next is something that I definitely did not expect. To the extent that when her opens her little mouth and starts singing at the top of her lungs I nearly fall over with surprise. I take a few steps back, my blood red eyes widening with shock as the little thing sings to me. It's like a little "fixer upper" song and I wonder if she thinks that prettying me up will really do the trick. I highly doubt it. The love between Africa and I is more than just on the rocks. It's in shambles. It's so much in shambles that I wonder if things between us will ever be the same. But how do I explain that to this optimistic filly? Spice. Yeah, she's got some spice to her and plenty to go around, it seems.

A bit of a fixer upper.

I smile gently at her, calmly and kindly. She's only trying to help, after all, and my soft spot stays true for her. "I'm afraid that dusting me off and making me handsome again will not win her heart." I take a step forward again, trying to mask some of my surprise and settling myself. "That said, I appreciate your help and uh... song.. and dance... Very nice." The last bit I say awkwardly, gruffly. I wasn't expecting a song and though her voice is prettier than mine, I'm not sure it was all exactly pleasant. Not that I would tell her that.

"talk"
@[Spice]

So Silk and Af officially broke up.. so I probably can't continue this line much longer since it's like... placed quite awkwardly time-wise. Wrapping it up soon? I love Spice!! She cracks me up :)

image credit
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread