the Rift

null and void [open]

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
The mare was not sure how her words would be received. Truth be told, she was scared of how he would react; would he collapse into his shell once more, or would he accept her words, reach out, and begin living his life again? For surely the past however many years he had been carrying this burden, he had not been living, not to his full potential, and thereby, not even allowing Fajira to live to her full potential. But she stood by him, willing to continue trying to get through to him should his defences flare up once more, willing to persist where one might declare it a hopeless battle - Mirage was a stubborn mare, stubborn and determined. She saw something that needed to be done within Lace, something that needed mending, and she was intent on at least beginning the healing, opening the gateway for everything else to escape, for the infection to clear so that the scabs could truly form, and hold. Scars were always left behind, but scars were there to remind us of what he had done - it does well to remember one's mistakes, for then one would never learn to not repeat them.

He folded, but it was not an inward, introverted, collapse. Rather, it was a submission to the truth behind her words, a conclusion which he may have been able to come to himself, if he just focussed his mind upon the relevant parts. But guilt had a way of blinding one to the subtle cues, the kind gestures of others, guilt had a way of making one feel unworthy of them, guilt made one hate others for wanting to show their kindness. Relief spread through the mare, and quiet happiness; the healing had begun.

He wept, his crown leaning into her, her strong, sturdy frame welcoming the embrace, allowing more warmth and feeling to be transmitted through their touch. Rain pelted against them, their manes of opposing hues clutched to the others until distance tore them apart again. It was fortunate that her ears were pricked, for she would not have heard the two words he uttered otherwise. A smile, genuine and warm brightened her face, and the softness of her maw reached out to brush his cheek, to assure him that she understood him, on many levels. Perhaps one day, she would reveal to him just how, and why she was able to see everything that went on within him - because it sure as day went on within her.

A happy silence stretched between them, the mare actually thought they were likely to wait the rain out together, on this beach. She even pondered asking the steed if he longed to move to a more sheltered land, or perhaps find a cave - but as her eyes roamed over his form again she noticed he was preparing to speak. Curiously she heard the words, and if the smile before is anything to go by, this one lit her face up tenfold. Amusement glittered behind her eyes, but it was comradely amusement, not mockingly felt, and a gentle, angelic giggle chimed from her maw, though the pounding of the rain swallowed it up, for the most part.

"You ask a loaded question, though perhaps you don't realise just how much so." The mare figured that he meant to ask her of the Qian's beliefs and structure once more, but she was going to award him with a slightly different interpretation. "The Qian is me, Lace. For so long I travelled with Akaith, for so long we learned the ways of dragons, the ways of survival - I never thought such a realm as Helovia could infect my heart with a longing to share the protectiveness I feel over my family, to extend my love and devotion to others. The Qian is everything to me, I founded it with my mate, together we lead those willing to follow us under a flag that promises protection, mutual trust and loyalty." A breath was taken, it was easy to see the enthusiasm of her words giving her a new energy. But as she looked at the stallion, she realised she might be behaving a bit too energetic and happy given the circumstances. Again, she reached her maw out to press against his cheek.

"Why do you ask, Lace?"

Messages In This Thread
null and void [open] - by Lace - 09-06-2012, 07:40 PM
RE: null and void [open] - by Mirage - 09-06-2012, 08:09 PM
RE: null and void [open] - by Lace - 09-06-2012, 09:06 PM
RE: null and void [open] - by Mirage - 09-06-2012, 10:25 PM
RE: null and void [open] - by Lace - 09-06-2012, 11:31 PM
RE: null and void [open] - by Mirage - 09-07-2012, 01:49 AM
RE: null and void [open] - by Lace - 09-07-2012, 02:35 AM
RE: null and void [open] - by Mirage - 09-07-2012, 08:18 AM
RE: null and void [open] - by Lace - 09-07-2012, 11:52 AM
RE: null and void [open] - by Mirage - 09-08-2012, 12:54 AM