the Rift

male dragons?

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
I can understand your reasons, however I also see it from the other side - yes, these dragons and other companions are wild animals, but most animals are fiercely protective of their offspring and want what's best for them. The way I see it, dragons like Cynder have spent their entire lives bonded to one horse; they wouldn't know how to live wild, and thus wouldn't want their children to live wild, either. They'd want their offspring to bond to an equine, as it's all they know. You say the instincts of wild animals - the instinct of wild animals is to protect their offspring, be it by building the strongest nests, fending off predators, etc. For intelligent creatures like dragons, it would be logical for them to want their offspring to bond with a character for the best chance of survival. Their wild instinct that you talk about would be a reason to bond, not a reason not to bond. They have a reason to give a shit about our characters - because they've been bonded to one all their lives, and thus want their offspring to have the same safety and protection.

You say 'Unless the egg was abandoned and alone, it would hatch with its kind and be free' - but I can't see why this is, if the egg was given to an equine rather than being abandoned and ending up with an equine? It's just a different way of getting from A to B. Unless the hatchling is sentient within the egg, how would it know whether it was given to an equine or abandoned and fortuitiously found by one?

I think this debate is going in circles and I can see you're not going to change your mind, I just think it's a shame to limit creativity by having another 'there's an abandoned egg' story instead of something more meaningful :c Having Cynder give the 'gift' of her egg to one of her bonded's children would be a great way for wanda and I to tie the twins to the 'old guard' of their parents, and it could play a part in influencing the rest of their lives.

Odd the doer of things Posts: 115
Administrator atk: 23 | def: 42 | dam: 108
Mare :: Other :: 5"2 :: 27 HP: 108 | Buff: badass
Odd
I don't appreciate the tone of this thread. The matter has been decided. I am closing this thread.