the Rift

Character Design Contest :: WINNERS CHOSEN

Malificent Posts: 14
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 5 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
WINNERS CHOSEN: Click Here.

Because I have two girl characters and I need a stallion but my creativity = 0%
** If in the case that I don't prefer any of the designs submitted (please do not be offended), I will extend the date and hope for more submissions.
- Everyone is allowed to enter multiple times, as many as you freaking want! :)

About the Charrie:
the stuffs:
- Name? Probably Áedán.
- Personality? Depressed | Broken | Somewhat bitter in words but still caring at heart | Quiet | Wise (but still has more learning to do) | A fighter (though only for those he holds closely to him or when the circumstances require him to, nor will he back away from any challenge) | Observant
-- ^ I'll probs add in more later, just haven't completely figured out what I want to do with him.
- History? Probably some sad story about his homeland and then his lover dying which led him to his depressive, broken and somewhat bitter personality.
- Lineage? Will be made once his design is picked (that way it can be a realistic lineage).

The Design:
Must be:
- Stallion.
- Heavier set build (preferably nothing with lots of feathering/hugeness) (for a body build ideas: this, this, this (but not as much muscle), this.)
-- ^ Not particular breed builds but keep in mind the muscularness and refrain from draft breeds.
- No particular breed just refrain from smaller light breeds like Arabians and such. As well as mentioned above, refrain from draft breeds (crosses are fine as long as there aren't huge prominent features of the draft breed, like extreme feet feathering I hate).
- Pegasus or equine. (Preferably Pegasus).

- Unusual design. (ex.: this, this, this, this #6, this). (Please be creative and do not make similar things to these, so of these are just colorations that I like, not exactly the design but certain things pop out.)
- Armor (if you choose to make some armor please make a version without armor as well as I will have to quest for this in the future).
- Eyes of darker colors (ex.: darker blues (midnight blues), crimson (dark dark red though), charcoal, etc.).
-- ^ I also kind of adore ponies with no pupils but only if it suits the design.
- Darker body with lighter and darker markings OR lighter body with even lighter markings and then some darker ones.
-- ^ Though I much prefer darker colored horses like buckskins, bays, duns, blood bays, etc.
- Not exactly realistic design but more realistic color contrasts (so no all blue ponies and stuff)/(like don't put bright pink on a bay horse thats too much POW for me, keep it to blacks=dark blues/dark reds/darker browns etc. for an example).
- I'm kind of a fan of medium lengthened hair with minimal waves or very few.
- Paints but paints with minimal markings like this.
- LOVE scars but not a shit ton of them. Maybe one or two prominent ones. (I like scars over eyes or around the neck area).
- BIG wings

Dislikes:
- Lots of colors that don't mix well together.
- Too much chaos (like far too many markings).
-- ^ This does not include roaning and things like such, just for example 15 zebra stripes the cover the whole horse, that's too much).
- Horror themes, as it does not suit his personality, refrain from using anything that represents death lol.
- Stars or the outer space (I see way to many horses that represent star markings and what not, and in my opinion its popular and not unusual).
- Bright ponies, no palominos or whites/greys, etc.
- Curly curly hair = no no.
- Lots of feet feather, ugh.

The Winner Stuffs:
Will be chosen:
- 01/03/15 (January 3rd, 2015).

Receives:
- 2 manipulations from me. (Examples).
- Lots of my love cause manipulations are about all I can offer. :/

When Entering:
The references:
- I do not have a preferred line art.
- You may use the line arts that tamme made for here.
-- ^ My only request for if you use line arts that do not suggest a heavy muscular horse is that when you enter it below you suggest a breed or crosses of breeds for the design.
- Or you can make your own!

Please:
- Add some description to your entry!
-- ^ Describe the colors, what variants they are, and things like such.
- You can add in things!
-- ^ For example: You put a scar over the horses left eye and he was blinded because of the injury, therefore his eye color is sky blue (like most blind eyes).
--- ^ Ya catch my drift?

Entrances:
Tamme w/
- Boltar - Adoptable

Henley w/
- This.

Snowwy w/
- This (xXx).

Vail w/
- This.

Sarah w/
- This.

Semper w/
- This.

Neaqmir w/
- This.

nickel w/
- This & This.

Ducky w/
- This.

Locks w/
- This.
- I'm very forgetful sometimes, so please tag me in all posts related to Mal, if that doesn't work.. feel free to PM this account.
- Magic allowed, just no killing, harming, etc. without my permission.

Tamme the Tempting Posts: 140
Administrator
Mare :: Other :: 2 :: 2 HP: 9001 | Buff: Admin
Tamme
Not sure if you mind adoptables, but: http://helovia.net/adoptables.php?action=view&id=147
Rafe was played very little and can be reconstructed. He comes with a manip and a table as well as a flat reference. He's a large, muscular warmblood with four horns and a half-white tail. So, very simple. :)

Nevermind! You said equine.
http://helovia.net/adoptables.php?action=view&id=105
Boltar, has a big, deep scar over his eye. And lightning magic.

^ Added Boltar to the entrances for me to consider, although I would much prefer a new character design without personality and history and what not already made. I will keep it in mind though. <3 (He's gorgeous though, and dem eyes mmmmmm).
@[Tamme]
- I'm very forgetful sometimes, so please tag me in all posts related to Mal, if that doesn't work.. feel free to PM this account.

Brisé Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Unnamed
Meet the blood bay brute! With black tipped feathers and an ebony stained muzzle along with an ivory irregular blaze he does not seem that unique or interesting. But slight appaloosa markings are apparent on his hind legs and hips. Not to mention the white markings similar to ripples that paint his wings and face as well. All topped off with navy blue eyes that are two toned (one half lighter than the other) he could definitely be something you have never seen before.

Ooo super cool idea!

Thanks for entering! <33

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

A fairly simple design at first sight, this guy is of no distinct breed; heavyset and powerful, he has only minimal feathering around each limb (internally sobs at your feather hatred lmao because I am a ho for feet feathering). His fur is bay, with the black points that come with such a colouration - unusually for a bay, however, he also has a black dorsal stripe of the same colour as his points, which stretches from the base of his mane to the base of his tail and runs between his wings. These wings are massive, each one longer from base to tip than his body is from nose to tail. They are the same deep bronze bay colour, but the backs of each set of flight feathers are jet black. The very tips of each wing appear to be disappearing into blackness as well, however instead they veer towards a deep shade of crimson. His mane and tail, too, are the colour of polished ebony until crimson tickles the tips of each.

This same shade of crimson gives him his most standout feature; the lightning bolts that adorn his neck. They are such a bloody hue of red that, at first glance, it seems as though his very veins have protruded through the surface - perhaps that's the case. Perhaps they glow; perhaps one day they could contain magic to shock upon touch (magic ideas dun dun dun). On the right side they grow from the base of his mane and spark down towards his right shoulder, whereas on the left they angle backwards, towards his wing.

His eyes, too, are particularly unusual, as he has a partial heterochromia - meaning that, whilst his eyes are predominantly black, they are flecked with speckles of crimson. Over the right eye is a long, puckered scar, of unknown origin (more dun dun dun).

Version that shows his build more, and his left side:

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel
Entering! Just gotta finish my design <3
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Kipling Posts: N/A
Unregistered
I've had this guy sitting around forever and really like the design, but I haven't ever gotten the muse for him and maybe you would? The design is based on a redwing blackbird. He's pretty simple - black with four white socks, no facial markings, brown eyes. Big black wings with red and gold bands. I've pictured him as a fairly generic medium-build warmblood, attractive in a simple, elegant kind of way.

Thanks for entering guys! :)

-UPDATED-

Hertz Posts: 42
Absent Abyss
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
Semper
I'll be entering one tonight when I get off of work :3

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk
I might throw in something here. I feel a rare creative itch. XD

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

yay!

So many people who shall enter! I'm excited to see all the designs xD

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
are we allowed to enter more than once?

[Image: 54a7257229390]

breed: I was thinking oldenburg or dutch warmblood
eyes: deep orange/brown, idk how to describe it and of course I forgot to show a swatch on the image but something like #461601
coat: no clue but 'oriole dun' I'm going to call it because I based it off the baltimore oriole. Main body is a deep chocolate brown along the spine that then fades to a slightly lighter shade toward the legs and under the jaw. Dun markings (ventral stripe, shoulder stripes, ear barring, guard hairs/frosting) are red-orange. Large feathered wings, inner feathers match the dun markings. I was thinking of adding a couple white feathers to the outside ones but I preferred it dark. I also found that I didn't like the leg barring but I can show a version with it if you're curious
scarring: Has a long, old scar that goes from his right ear down his neck. Right ear is tattered and torn, slightly affecting his hearing in that ear
mane/tail: same dark brown that is along his spine, with the exception of the guard hairs. Moderate legth, slight wave
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Of course! Enter as many times as you like!

Hertz Posts: 42
Absent Abyss
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
Semper
[Image: 54a775b0d7532]

- Silver Bay Roan
- Silvery Cream Eyes (can do with or without pupils)
- If you decide to make him a pegasus, his wings would start out as the pale tan on his barrel and gradually turn dark at the ends
- Compass Rose on his left hip
- Gradient tan stripes on his neck
- I am assuming he'd be into travelling and adventure :3

Rhea Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 3 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel
First Entry:
[Image: r8vz0y.jpg]
Original Lines

Silver Smoky Grulla with Black mane/tail with tips that fade into a light contrast of dark purple, orange and crimson. Black tiger stripe markings over all four legs and left eye. Star like marking on forehead with golden eyes (can be changed to any colour if you prefer.) Large wings that share similar contrast as hair with each feather gradually fading to colour.
[Image: rhea_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobz.png][Image: rhea_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4q_by_moonstone_...9ggy08.png]
Please Tag Rhea In All Threads
Use of magic and physical contact is allowed with the exception of killing or maiming her.

Second Entry:

Wild Bay Overo with black mane/tail. Mane has a single braid woven in just behind the left ear, on the end there is a gold trinket attached. Upon his face is a single white elongated marking that looks much like this: Click .Wings are a combination of purple and dark blue while his eyes are crimson. Legs are covered in purple/dark blue scales from hoof all the way until it slowly fades back into his regular coat.

[Image: 500ghe.jpg]
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --

Niskaru Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Had this idea for a little while since Tamme's contest xD

[Image: contest_by_neaqmir-d8cvf3z.png]

@[Brisa] - would your entry require the horse to have some sort of mutation or hybrid species?
Or are these 'scales' just markings?

The scales are just considered markings :)