the Rift

[OPEN] :: MURDER IN HELOVIA :: Clue VI

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

The Child is Dead...

The filly had gone too far from home, out-casting herself and shirking the protection of her mother and her herd. What will the Sultana do when she finds out her first born has met a fate such as this? The small creamy body lays crumpled, pushed up by tide - seemingly thrown or discarded there without so much as a second though. Body bloated and damaged from being thrown about the Ocean's waves, she his become dislodged at low tide, hidden among driftwood and sand. She appears peaceful; but, there is a single wound at her side, but the blood has all gone. Buried deep within the wound is an oddity, a chip of bone, aged and not belonging to the dead.

THE SIXTH CLUE...
I. The SIXTH clue, revealed from the death of SKYSONG is a white chip of aged bone.

Miss the previous clues?
Not a problem! Just reply to this thread so that you can have access to clue 3 and any subsequent clues. You are welcome to continue forming teams and letting us know who is in the team in an OOC note at the bottom of your post.

Someone from each team must post here in order to have "found" the clue.

This clue will be available for ONE WEEK. During this week, you may post and submit your guesses via PM to the OFFICIAL ACCOUNT. At the end of one week (7 days), we will close this clue and post the fourth clue. Get in on this plot while you can!

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu
the Constrictor
ideas are the bombs in your mind, a fissure in time
if you don't have a weapon you can't have mine

The stink of death and decay is pungent and wholly unpleasant, but with the recent murders fresh on Ktulu's mind she did not turn away. Instead her pace picked up from a walk to a canter, only slowing when she reached the top of the dunes and picked her way down the slope on the other side. The closer she got to the water the stronger the odor became. Though the sun was bright and warm it did little to make the beach welcoming. Today it was little more than a cemetery.

As Ktulu came to the body her nose wrinkled against the smell and she sighed. Children now? Was no one truly safe from being prey to an unseen predator? Her head lowered so she could inspect the body, particularly the puncture hole in the filly's side. Lodged in the hole was a chip of bone, but it looked far too old to be the girl's. A clue? Hair, feathers, and bone? Ktulu frowned and looked to the bear that huffed as he finally made it to her side after a long run over the beach to another body.

"Lets go, Eytan." The bear groaned because he had not had a chance to catch his breath. "Hush. Children are being murdered now, we need to tell the others what we've found. We need to figure this out before someone else is killed." Ktulu stepped around the body of the filly and headed back up the dunes. Hopefully Archibald and the others were all in the Edge so she could find them easily and tell them of the body and the bone within the wound.

"."

ooc: Team ATAK
Archibald
Thor
Astraea
Ktulu

Image Credits

Icon by Tay

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit
She is at the blue already, having tried for an egg that had drawn her inexorably to the place so far from her homeland. Why she had been drawn there she's not exactly sure, but she suspects that all mystical egg and magic appearances draw at the souls of Helovians to ensure that they do not go untouched and missing. Was it the Gods who directed such behavior? Or was it the natural greed of mortals that brought them running hell over heels to the gifts they so sought?

Whatever it is, she has cast it from her mind, because the pull is back. It is different this time, a bit more morbid and far more saddening. Hotaru recognizes it instantly, for it is the same pull that she experiences whenever she must complete the quest her goddess has given her. After how much trouble she got into with Gaucho over the last few bodies, she is reluctant to do so, but Hotaru kicks her legs into overdrive and runs towards the pull like an elastic string let loose.

She has to get there first.

She grits her teeth to realize that for the first time, she is not. She has failed her goddess. But she cannot give up, she cannot allow this to stop her.

The body is not one that she recognizes. it is a pegasus, relatively young, and it pulls at the young mother's heartstrings to see her so prone and so obviously a waste of young life. A life not fully lived, a life slain. It only furthers her desire to find the killer, though she is only there because she is greedy. It hurts sometimes to know that she is so horribly greedy and selfish, but she has been at the bottom of the heap for all her life. Climbing up by kicking others down was just something that had to be done if she was ever to be noticed and hailed as the queen she was meant to be.

She does not linger this time, her experience with Gaucho still in her mind, persistent. The mare present may see her face, but she cares little, waiting only until the mare turns and begins to walk away before darting in. She skids by the clue, plucking it up in her mouth and dropping it into the bag she'd created just for these reasons. A few feathers from the little one (and a little gagging on her own end, struck by how familiar the little body is, and hopping for some reason that Ktulu (who she now recognizes) will not turn around) and she turns and runs, trying to find a reasonable space to cry and hopes that she is not once again seen.
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

HOTARU HAS STOLEN THE CLUE!
Fortunately for you, Ktulu has seen the bone fragment
Also, another fragment can be found just inside the victim's ear

(this still counts for your quest, Brit!)

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

She wasn't sure if she was first. She wasn't sure if she even wanted to be here. But, really, she knew that she needed to get out of the Edge (even for a day) and away from the massive amount of people that continually moved in and out of the trees and the mist.

So she moved toward the Ocean, where she had seen the darkness take over. Maybe if she could be swallowed alive by that again then she would finally be able to sleep. However, what she found at the ocean was not the darkness which would swallow her whole. No, it was yet another dead body, one which flickered at the deep memories in her brain. This creature… she had been there when Rowan had been murdered. Instantly, her limbs moved faster in hopes that this wasn't actually that pegasus' corpse. Her maw flitting across the bloated frame that was strewn across the driftwood and stand. Alas, there is no blood where it should be and with the deep wound in her side she knows that should the filly still be alive blood would be gushing from the wound.

"Late. Gone." Valiance tells her, but she still continues to search, taking in the salty scent that the mare is covered in. Nothing but ocean… Res closes her eyes as Valiance inches in closer, catching the glint of something strange inside the mare's ear. So, with a gentle prod of his claws against Res' forehead she opens her eyes and moves in closer to the ear.

What was that? It almost looked like bone. Yes! That's what it was. Aged bone that had chipped off into the mare's ear - and definitely not her own for there were no other injuries upon her frame to say that such would have come from her.

No. This was from whomever had attacked her. "Tell?" Valiance inquired, and with a bob of her head they both set off back toward the Edge to tell Kahlua, Jahzara, and Nayati.

World's Edge Sweethearts
Resplendence
Kahlua
Jahzara
Nayati

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd
G
A
U
C
H
O
<style type="text/css">.words {font: 14px/13px droid sans mono; color: #454444; text-align: justify; padding: 20px 0 20px 0;} .words:first-letter {font: 50px/50px oswald; float: left; text-transform: uppercase; margin: -2px 1px -7px 0;}</style>
Wearily the WildFire looked down upon the broken body. He recognized her, but only through her lineage. It was impossible to ignore, deny, or imagine away. He could see Sohalia in every aspect of the battered child. He imagined that if you moved her body it would be horrid or gruesome, but as she was now she appeared peaceful. Almost as if someone had arranged her that way out of some unreasonable gesture of respect.

"Soh.." He breathed under his breath, sighing heavily. The white mare had been gone for so long .. how would she react to knowing that one of her children had been murdered in her absence? Perhaps it would be enough to keep her here, rooted. Glancing around, Gaucho looked to see if Hotaru had been here. He thought likely she had - the sand had been disturbed by many hoof prints already and he doubted the spy would be tardy when it came to a quest from her Goddess. Peering down he wondered what it was she took. Narrowing his gaze he spied a piece of bone in the ear of the dead child. Wwwwhhhyyyyy? Mara mentally hissed, peering out through his forelock. Shrugging his striped shoulders, Gaucho turned to go. His wings spread from his flanks casting the body of the girl in a warm golden light.

Who was it that continued to do this? And why? How were the victims picked? Was it at random? Murder of opportunity? Surely there couldn't be that many instances wherein murder could be gotten away with?!

With a snort of frustration Gaucho took to the skies. He would find Elsa, Oxy and Cera and tell them what he saw.

Then he would find Sohalia and deliver more bad news.

Posting from the Melting Pot; Gaucho, Cera, Oxy, Elsa!

Table coding by the lovely Sevin!
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather

Darkness prevailed again - the lull of the crisp ocean water failed to settle the apprehension locked in her body; unwinding, unraveling, unsnarling the pleasant bulbs and barbs of the day, because everywhere she looked, everywhere she turned, reality seethed and burned. Another had fallen, down into the banks and shoals, forgotten serenity in the brutal decay and declaration of death, a child, eternally innocent. The boundaries of Lena’s heart clenched, pulsed, and billowed, serenaded with the elusive frustrations of the past weeks, all these clues, all these foundations, all these mysteries strung together with no absolution or resolve. Imogen chirped quietly, trying to soothe the Songbird’s melancholy, but the notion was fleeting and discarded: her mind too piqued and nettled by the constant circumstances. Death, demise, and ruin, over and over, endless repeat, Groundhog Day warrens and mazes with different faces, different bodies, but always the same result. Perhaps she’d been right to seek out the Sun God then, to partake in the quest to gain her own burning crescendos and cinder arias, because so many hadn’t been protected, hadn’t been guarded, their little frames left to ash and dust. Committing the same actions as she’d done with the others, she waited for the crowd to recede, and approached, sad eyes glancing over the unfamiliar form, granting her silent apologies through the labyrinthine quandaries. She spotted the small amount of bone lodged in an odd place, tucked it into the back of her mind as she uttered minute hallelujahs and hymns, praying for peace in the midst of destruction and devastation. When would it end? Subsequently, both nymph and kitsune drifted away from the sea, the lure of the gulls, the taste of the salt, the foam of the brine, steeling themselves to inform their teammates of the latest havoc.

Team Healers and Thieves~

Lena the Songbird

my song is love - you don't have to be alone
image credits

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie
I Ain't Got Time To Bleed

The amount of death was becoming unbearable. Dark closed off eyes followed the trail of equine critters along the coast. My heart was heavy from the loss of all. I knew none, but I felt for them none the less. But the sight of the child made the already weighing heart heavier. She was only but a child.

My mind numbs as I am in a state of shock. Who ever the murderer was, they where unforgivable. To take a child's life? The life of someone so young with a whole future ahead of them. It was... I couldn't describe how awful the crime was it was so terrible. As I arrive, there is one wound that stands out. I move closer to examine it, finding nothing but an empty hole. Dark blue eyes search wildly, finding nothing. Right when I am about to give up, I spot something almost indiscernible. A small fragment of bone in her ear. It is obviously not the child's. It is a clue, and the only clue that I can find from the carcass of the filly. I close my eyes for a moment, before looking at the body again. I would protect my own daughter from this fate. This had gone to far, and there would be hell to pay. But for now I needed to get back to my own child. Dark panic closes in on my heart and body, and in a hurry I turn and run. I would meet up with Midas and Desperado later. First I must check on my daughter.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[]
Words;; 262
Notes;; Posting for Team Midas

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!

Vadim Posts: 106
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Vlasi :: Common Rougarou :: Water ali

VADIM         

twisting your mind and smashing your dreams
blinded by me, you can't see a thing

'Smelly' Vlasi complains that the two trudge along the shoreline to the gathering crowd. There is little doubt in Vadim's mind that its another body that the mystery murderer has left for them to find. He wonders who it is, if its someone that he knows, a parent, a sibling, a friend. Though his family is little more than a distant memory, save for his recent meeting with Ophelia, he hopes that it is none of his own that lie dead on the beach.

There is only a little consolation when he sees a pair of wings attached to a pale, bloated body. It means that it is no one in his family that is lying dead, and no one that he is familiar with. As he gazes down at the body he looks at the wound in her side, automatically thinking that there should be something there. There's nothing. Just a hole, and some nasty stuff inside of it.

'What that?' Vlasi questions and it draws his attention away from the girl's side to her ear. "Bone?" He replies mentally to the pup who sniffs at it despite complaining a few minutes earlier that it was smelly. 'Clue?' She asks and Vadim nods his head in response. "Lets go." He says, all too eager to leave the smelly body behind.

"."

ooc://
Unorthodox Four

Credits

Icon by Tay
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia
text goes here

Another day and another death, it seemed. Here, at the culmination of all the bad blood in Helovia lay the body of a child. Helovia stared at the bloated corpse with little feeling, a steely gaze in her strange, two-colored eyes. This feathered babe was too young to bear the brunt of pain and too innocent to understand the tragedy that had befallen her. And yet, the world spun onward, life ticked along as if hers meant nothing - and did it? Did it really?

They were all a means to and end. A blip in time. A moment of consciousness in a sea of black, and none were meant to venture far. Life was a great tragedy, following only a select few of predestined story lines in a book with a black cover, hidden on a shelf unwanted. Ophelia's cloven hooves sank in the sand as she stared, eyes sweeping and seeing only a fragment of bone - bone that did not belong.

At first she thought someone had been injured in this battle, but the white and age on the surface was far too obvious. This was bone that had been bared for quite some time. Surely, that was not so uncommon, for bones of ancestors seemed to be worn by many. Even her own horn with its pristine and unchipped tip was a sparkling, white bone, exposed to the elements and thus smoothed and hardened. So little was left behind.

Phi turned away, seeing all she needed to.

The death of this child represented the horrors of Helovia as it stood. Herds were in a precarious balance of prejudice, lies and deceit, shamefully turning away from the true evils as the petty spats raged on.

[FOR VALHALLA!]]

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Adelric Posts: 101
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3hh :: 1.5 [Birdsong]
Tobias :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Sevin
The half-child, so caught up in worries about his mother and his new home, has been neglecting his duties assigned to him by the gods of Helovia. He has not been trying to find the murderer, not been trying to figure out who could have brought such evils to the land. Not that he really cares. He knows none of these bodies, except those he has seen lying on the ground. He does not have feelings for them, they have not touched him or his soul, they have not guided his life… There are only three he could see lying on the ground that would break his heart. Kiara, beloved mother; Zunden, twin and the other half of his soul; or Erebos, his only friend.

He has never been to the ocean before, but he felt drawn to this side of Helovia, far away from the Basin. It’s not that he doesn’t like his home, he does; it’s just that he’s never really felt like he belongs there. He doesn’t belong anywhere. Perhaps it was not his brooding, but rather the evils of the land, that have drawn him here, though; On the ground, he finds a body, another one that he does not know, another one that he does not care about. He inspects her, sees where others are inspecting her, and looks into her ear. A bone chip. Something else ambiguous, something else that should not be there that points the way to the killer.

For all the deaths that this mystery creature has caused, they are not very good at cleaning up after themselves.

Foal Muskateers- Adelric, Erebos, Aithniel, Rikyn
adelric
Image Credit
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Adelric at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Adelric unless it is in an opening post

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme

The Engineer had taken a brief moment to leave his halls of winter and descend upon the rest of the land. A few bodies here in there, spread out, and the hums of a murderer were intriguing enough to get the hairy beast away from the sentinels he maintained. Part of him came here, praying that he would not see Rikyn among the rubble, another death in a large game. But, part of him knew that the closure would put his soul at rest. Rikyn was his first born. A son. The boy's absence was felt strongly, and Ulrik was uncomfortable and unused to feeling so much.

He wanted to do nothing but lay back and wallow, but the answers were never be found by those who do not seek. Thus, cloven hooves carried him across a beach, foul, salty air rushing through his coat and spraying him with fine grains of irritating sand. A briny aftertaste was left in his mouth, and he found that this place left much to be desired. A body lay ahead, and immediately, based on color alone, knew that the child could not be his.

His heart stammered with relief as he approached, appearing stony and unaffected as usual. The Engineer did not flinch or mourn. Instead, he observed the clues and left, not interested in paying respects or goodbyes this way. These bodies had nothing to do with him, and so he wanted nothing to do with them. Let their families do what was necessary.

(Please tag me in every post)

Kirah Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
And how I've missed you...

The day was sunny, warm, but something still lingered in the air, proving an uncomfortable presence. It was this day I chose to wander to the endless expanse of water; following the salty scent on the wind. I was getting to know Helovia rather well, but many spots still remained hidden to me. Suddenly another scent mixed with the salty smell of water and fish...the smell of rotten flesh.

I pricked my ears and pranced around, nostrils wide, trying to find the source of the scent. I broke into a fast trot, and finally a canter. I found myself on the beach, with the water to my left. The sand was soft and white, the water blue and tranquil. Barely a breeze stirred the water, as if it did not really care to be wavey today. But still, the sound of peace filled the air; small waves crashing softly before withdrawing, birds singing here and there, and the sound of a calm breeze, but it's source could not be found.

I wandered along the shoreline, where the waves barely reached my hooves. Movement up front drew my attention, and I lifted my delicate head; a continuous line of equines leaving from a particular spot. I picked up a trot and approached the spot, slowing down and finally stopping quite far off from a body. For a while I just stood there, staring. The horse, which I assumed was quite young, had a wound on it's side, the blood washed away long ago. The body was bloated and heaved as the waves picked it up, found it to heavy to carry and so left it.

I wandered closer, rather curiously. And that's when I spotted it; a single bit of white inside the ear of the horse. I squinted and took another step. A bone...and it did not belong to the dead one before me.

I wheeled around on my hind legs and cantered away, seeking out my friends that I had met in the heavenly fields.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Fig] @[Parelia] @[Ira]
Notes;; The four strangers ^

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image

Dröm Posts: 114
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
Code:
Dröm

the Raconteur

She wept silently. The child lay on the floor, lifeless, dead, decomposing. The child, where were her parents, the clue,... her life? The Raconteur fell to the ground, unable to continue standing. She hid in the shadows, not daring to venture closer to the girl's limp body. Her lids shut, forcing cool tears down her cheeks. This was too much for her right now. From her angle on the floor, after she had reopened her eyes, she could see white bone in the ear of the girl. It didn't look like a piercing, so she figured it was a clue. Silently, she stood up. Still hidden well and hopefully unseen, she turned and vanished.

Her thoughts took hold. Who did she know with bone? All these clues, all these deaths. She was determined to find the murderer. Dröm told herself to be strong, fight the evil, do what needs to be done. She transformed from sweet Storyteller, to a mare that could figure this out. A vigorous focus washed over her as she went to find her group, ask what they've seen. She was far from the scene now, but her thoughts continued to end the peace. Would this mean war for Helovia? How would this affect herd dynamics? Was the murderer in her own herd? How many more would die?

The endless blue seemed a tragic place now. The peaceful sound of the waves crashing against the sand was gone, replaced by the horrible noise of waves raping the side of the land, shredding every seashell into tiny, unimportant grains of sand. What a way to go, by water shredding you. Who would've thought? Could the bone and body have washed away from a faraway land? What if there is no murderer here? What if all these horse had gone to this one place-- a place much like a slaughterhouse?

"talk talk talk"
Ooc: Devil's Harem: Panzram, Arvakl, Pompeii, & Dröm
Coding by Tamme
[Image: 53d6f2ea9010d]
pixel by baylee

Brisé Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

always a villain
even when I'm not

The body was frail and defenseless, a small bug under the pressure death. The scene was gruesome, even for my eyes. The ocean gently kissed the child's body as if apologizing for the trauma of its death. Even my heart was pained at the sight, no life so young should be stolen away. The filly might have been a pegasus but there had still once been life that made those wings flutter, that had sparkled in her eyes. Now the carcass lay bloated and bloodless a pale oddity for travelers to gawk at. My eyes roll over the body slowly and I could not help but turn my head for a moment. What sort of monster murdered children. Helpless long legs and hearts bigger than the universe they lived in. Children, drowning in innocence and nonchalance. This girl had once been that I'm sure until some bastard came and took it all away for whatever reason he determined necessary. Monsters only live in fairytales. This is what we tell our children. But how can you say that after seeing this tragedy? Monsters were real and they lived within us all and they slowly took us over until we ended up dead or killing others.

I turned back to examine the corpse to find a small piece of bone tucked away in her ear. It is aged, not bloodstained like it ought to be. I almost threw up as I realized it must have been the murderer's. This world was not fair, especially for those who did not understand it. But I could promise this dead girl one thing. Justice would be given without mercy.

OOC| Brisé is working with Solanine and Kipling and they are team Unikin.

Coding © Henley

Reginald Posts: 165
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 hh :: 3 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Ka'Mate :: Harpy Eagle :: None & Ka'Ora :: Harpy Eagle :: None M.E.

speak

Hmph. Figures.

The smell of the surf, the sand, the chatter of gulls in the distance. He attempts to discard them, these horrid reminders of a time that should be lost to oblivion, if time had any sense. He supposes he will be haunted by the legacy of a raggedy filly, tormented to no end by whatever happens to waft upon the breeze. He grows angry with himself, for the first time in many moons. He had been so powerful and perfect, so tangibly amazing, impeccable in his growth, his ability, her perchance for learning and evolution. Yet fillies remain his undoing.

He scoffs at the child lying dead upon the sand. That was a filly too, he sees. He ponders the dead, and how very nearly all of them thus far had possessed a ragged gash underneath their tails. It is amusing to him, really, this wave of death that has descended upon the realm. He sees many losing their heads over the spectacle, panicking at the surge of darkness that has settled upon their hearts. Reginald, however, sees something beneficial in all of these, besides the power that captivates him, the raw evil that hypnotizes him: the blight of the woman is being scourged from the warm earth he bestrides.

He notices the interesting object within the filly’s ear. Bone. He would approach, but the creature is so foul already, without the acrid odor of death surrounding; he will leave it well enough alone. His word is good enough for his comrades.

He departs.

[For Sons of Anarchy]

You can't escape the wrath of my heart
Beating to your funeral song
All faith is lost for hell regained

by: Kristi Herbert at flickr

--Please tag REGINALD in every reply!

--All force is allowed to be used against this character!

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

Oh jeez oh man oh jeez this entire situation was fucked up on so many levels. Okay, yeah, there as the sand. Shitty layer number one. Then there was the whole something’s killing everything and everyone and I still ain’t got any clue how to stop it. That was still pretty awful, too.

And here, this time, it’s a child.

My heart shook; my chest got heavy; I shook my head over and over, as though that was gonna help anyone at all, like denying this child’s death was gonna turn back the clock and erase it. And it was so stupid of me and juvenile that my throat itched, and tightened. I probably would’ve vomited if that was a thing that could’ve actually happened.

I backed up a little bit. I took a heavy breath, breathing out the sour taste on my tongue, trying and mostly failing to calm and quiet the thoughts and the panic buzzing around between my ears. It…was getting easier, trying to focus myself these days. Just like using that god-awful magic my Pa had given me to help combat this beast of an asshole. I still wasn’t sure if all of this was a good thing—the ease of the control over myself I was getting, and this power I still didn’t understand.

Maybe it was related.

I looked around the filly, stepping around the corpse gingerly, hating every minute of the sand getting so close to me, of being in the vicinity of death. I spotted something white within her ear, and stooped a little bit to get a closer look. Bone? I thought to myself, ignoring the stench and the awful and everything horrible about what I was doing. Breathe in, and out. Calm myself down.

Okay, bone. I closed my eyes, and tried something different with the magic. Bone. Maybe if I thought really hard about seeing something specific—well. Maybe some shit would happen. I mean, you never knew, right? Well, I least I didn’t.

@[Random Event]

Roskuld</style>

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

get up, get out, get away from these liars
'cause they don't get your soul
or your fire

The first had been a tragedy, enough to leave an uncomfortable feeling. Any death, really, was one too many. And there had been more, many more, after that if the rumours and murmurs were all to believed. Still, were they any closer to catching who – or what – ever was doing this?

And now, now there was a foal.

Mesec arrived late, the presence of hoof prints belonging to any number of bodies let him know that.

He didn’t want to get too close but there was no obvious clue this time, nothing sitting out that he can see. So he moved forward cautiously, as though the foal were just asleep and might wake up at the slightest noise. If only. He would have made all the noise in the world if it would bring her back to life.

Why?

The same question that had bothered him at the body of the first bothered him still now.

He tried to be stone, tried to get close and not let what he was seeing get to him. Tried to think of the body as one of them but that did not last very long – lasted about as long as it took for him to open his eyes again, having unconsciously shut them against what he was seeing.

He couldn’t. Not this time. He’d latch on to any distraction he could but no one else was lingering – none but Roskuld and she was focusing so intently on a thought it kind of seemed like she might burst.

So he looked, quickly, almost missing the little fragment that stood out. A bone in the ear, that wasn’t right. It didn’t seem bloody; did he know anyone that decorated themselves with bone that might break off? A few…

It was hard to focus. He knew that he should get away, that he should go and find the others and let them know, but he found himself sinking to the ground instead - pressed down by the heavy sadness. Everyone else had gone, no one had lingered (except for his little sister) but he couldn't... Not yet. It didn't seem right that she should be alone.

Maybe her parents would come, maybe he'd think of a better way to put her to rest. Or maybe he'd just sit here with her for a couple moments and then leave.

It was far beyond Mesec to turn away from her just yet.

mesec

original html by rottie
picture by wyldraven at deviantart
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times