the Rift

The forest, lovely

Bolverik Posts: 15
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 12 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Tamme

Winter settled into rich spring, grasses almost too sweet to stomach as he roamed south. The destruction of his homeland was long past, but his path was nomadic ever since, uncomfortable for the charming, loyal settler. He stood tall, the winter coat he bore having shed in to rich, smooth black and silver, only a short, cropped beard dusting the bottom lines of his delicate jaw. Bolverik was beautiful, in a masculine way. The curves of his figure were well-muscled, neck held highly arched and gait light as if ready to spring at a moment's notice.

Two, spiraled horns on his brow curved backward, the color of purest gold and sparkling in the dapples of sunlight filtering through full, blushing trees. The lion tail he bore, lengthy and luxurious, was held curled behind him, tendrils of black hair fading to an ethereal white, as if he was fading from the background of night into the glory of starlight. Golden hooves graced the ground upon which he walked, matching golden eyes that observed his environment with delight. What a truly stunning forest he had found, here, in the center of the glove.

While he missed the chill of winter and the memories of home, this place held hope, hope for a new beginning. Pain lay behind him, bleeding and burned, and he had to let go, had to move on. Her memories would linger always, but she was only one side of a multi-faceted orb that was his mysterious life. The past would not be spoke of here. New beginnings - that is what this place was, and hopefully, there would be those to share with, enjoy their company. Perhaps even royalty he could... serve.

Ruling again, now that was a divine dream. He wanted a kingdom, power, glory, and children bounding around with his bloodline strong. This was where he started over, built from scratch and started anew. This is where dreams could be as grand and wild as he could imagine, but for now, he settled for just a smile. The stallion took a deep breath, inhaling the rich, earth tones and embracing the sounds of life. All hail this land... whatever it may be called.

@[Torleik] - half-bros for life

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
I hold you in like a deep breath

Such symphonic life took hold of Helovia during spring, avians weaving their poetry songs to ensnare their mates - some for a season, others for life; small younglings of all kinds frittered about the forest floor and amongst the trees, chattering and laughing, playing and frolicking, experiencing the joys of childhood and the carefree time it was. Torleik remembered when he was a small one, all legs and no muscle, stumpy little horns and no beard.

He remembered playing with the other children in their village, remembered his brother staring at him, wide-eyed and asking what had just happened, not understanding birth. Remembered finding Ulrik, the strange, quiet cousin in the back of the group when they were older and speaking with him a little - but he was too foolish then to understand why odd Ulrik stayed off to the side or in the background.

The Bloodskald had never understood why his brother was treated so differently, why he and his mother were clearly loved, but clearly not quite...in place. The elder sibling had always been groomed for 'a different life' his father had said and Torleik had questioned what that meant. Why he never fought, why he spent so much time with father at the Thing, why he went with the King all those summers ago. The strangeness of everything had faded, like the luster on a piece of silver, as the rune-horned had grown older. He'd learned his brother was of another mare, a princess, and so his half-sibling was of noble blood; he, on the other hand, was born of a shieldmaiden, and destined to be a warrior.

He'd found no inherent greatness in nobility then, and still did not, now. A warrior's life was honest, his death set to be in battle, his honor guaranteed if he fought well. Noblemen...they were slippery, like eels, gilded and pretty but lacking substance. They were rather like spring. All the pomp and circumstance of a world recovering from a dearth of everything, only to have it all fade away once more. Even lost in his thoughts as he was, and Irelyn napping on his back, Torleik heard the distinct clink of metal over nature's soundrack, and sought out its source.

Who else was nearby? Were they armored? Was it more than one? Was a foreign army here somehow? Shaking his head, the Bloodskald quieted his overactive mind. What foreign army could pass through without losing any advantage in magic they might think they possessed? Besides, this place seemed only to be found by those who were lost.

But the aimless wanderer the blue-eyed demon found was the last one he'd ever expected to see.

Legs went numb and he stumbled, stars popping on the edge of his vision that closed swiftly in to a fine point, seeing only this stallion. The breath in his chest was shallow, the space it tried to infiltrate tight and closed off; his mouth was dry as the scorched timbers of his former home and his tongue stuck thickly to the roof of his mouth as his mind struggled to catch up with what his gut knew.

His voice eeked out in a hoarse whisper, trembling with all the unshed tears he held for ones lost. "Bolverik..."

"talk talk talk"

@[Bolverik]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HALF BROS FOR LIFE. BROHOOF.

Art by: veradaine @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Tamme

Bolverik would't go so far as to call himself slippery as an eel, but he was rather like smoke, able to billow in and out gracefully and at the most opportune times. In fact, his skills were mostly about timing, being there when appropriate and not being there when appropriate. His only regret was that his absence had saved his life while the rest of his family burned. Ashes were all the were left behind, so thick the particles rained from the sky like the end of the world, and for many... that was the end.

There were no more rulers to follow, no more words of exaltation spoken with selfish gain, and no more politics for their nation. In a single conflagration, everything he had built and knew was gone. For someone like his brother, Torleik, he assumed that the change would be easier. The warrior was stalwart, hearty and strong with fewer ties wrapped around the cogs of all. His self-image did not rely so heavily on them as a people. Bolv had always been jealous of his independence and strength.

Thus he strode, perpetually flicking away heavy thoughts and trying to focus on the here and now. The sounds of the forest. The rich earth. The promise of a new future. That was when something happened that he could not possibly expect. So rarely caught off his guard, Bolverik halted rather abruptly, ears jerking forward as confusion slackened his face. Torleik? Here? Had he not joined the nomads then? From what he knew, they had been separated in that incident, and what were the odds of finding his half-brother here.

And looking so well, he might add. Suddenly, Bolverik felt very self-conscious, for his diet had been poor and he was messier than he had ever been. Compared to Torleik, who looked freshly bathed and beard braided so elegantly, Bolv looked downright feral! Such a shame...

"Torleik," he said back, legitimately glad to see his brother. Smoke-like as he may have been, the elder stallion loved his family. Seeing Torleik alive and well gave him hope. "I am so glad to see you here, brother," he said, never having mentioned 'half' before. They shared such a similar life, were raised in the same homestead. Of course they were brothers. "And... looking so well! How did you come to find this place? I never knew such existed..."

Which was odd for a politician. "How are you?"

[[Edit :: I don't have enough prizes for his stuff lol, so he only has the tail rings for now :| ]]

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
I hold you in like a deep breath

"Torleik - I am so glad to see you here, brother."

The words vibrated through the air, hitting his audits and tantalizing him with the belief that maybe, just maybe, this was real. Tentatively, the Bloodskald took two steps forward and thrust his muzzle at Bolverik's shoulder, jabbing it roughly, briefly, warily.

"You're really here..." Torleik breathed, promptly and completely violating his half-brother's space by crushing him in a muscular embrace. "How did you find your way here? You must have gone home, seen what they did... - did anyone else make it out?" The words tumbled out of his mouth as he took a step back, eyes flicking here and there, studying Bolverik's appearance.

He looked terrible.

His mane and tail were matted in some places, covered in mud in others (this mud reached his pelt, as well); he was thinner than Torleik remembered, duller, beaten down. Was this how he'd looked when he reached Helovia, too? Probably worse, he mused a little bitterly, knowing his brother hadn't witnessed the fire that consumed their home. Hadn't run from it like a coward and left his parents to die.

Well, he only would have left his father. Their mothers were not the same.

Bolverik claimed he looked well and inquired as to his discovery of Helovia - as if he'd come here with a purpose, on purpose. "I know not how I found Helovia, brother. I was a broken man, a wanderer in lands not my own until I found myself here - and in here, our cousin Ulrik found me like I have found you, and gave me a home," the younger male said, the excitement straining at the edges of his voice. Family was family, and they could not be choosy now. "I think...this is a place for those who have no place," the Bloodskald offered. "A new home for the lost."

A joyous grin broke out over the warrior's face and he stamped in place, thrilled. "But you are lost no longer! Come with me to the Aurora Basin - it's where I call home with Ulrik, and others," murmured the glacial-eyed brother, shifting his compass to the Basin, feet moving him back to where 'home' was now. Elder sibling inquired as to how he was and Torleik considered this carefully. "I am not climbing the branches of the great tree, nor am I gnawing at its roots, so there is not much I can offer up in way of complaint, Bolv," was the honest answer, a metaphor Bolverik would understand. "Come home with me and I will have you fed and given a warm bed in which to rest; you look weary as a storm-beaten ship."

"talk talk talk"

@[Bolverik]

Art by: veradaine @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Tamme

Bolverik was honestly surprised by the sudden embrace, but at this moment, nothing felt better. The smaller stallion shoved the side of his head against his brother's neck, taking a deep breath and aware of where his horns were lest they get caught. When they stood back, the elder stallion smiled softly, the corners of his handsome, golden eyes wrinkling just a little. He was not old by any means, especially given their old and wonderful bloodline, but such smiles of joy deserved a few wrinkles.

"To be honest, I wandered here..." he trailed with a sigh, smile falling. "But I am glad to have chosen the same path as you. I can only hope that more of us find their way here. But, I do not know. I returned from another stead to see... the destruction..." Bovlerik frowned, emotion wrinkling his face. "We lost everything, Torleik, except each other." That was good enough for him right now. Bovlerik was smooth and of course had ambitions, but family was family.

He listened as Torleik explained his arrival, finding his story much similar to his own. A strange name left his mouth, one that sounded so familiar. Then, a spark of recognition hit him and he laughed. "Ulrik as in... the awkward little boy? The one who never said a word?" he asked. The strange bronze and black stallion had left to live with his father and his bachelor band, and Bolv had not seen him since. Helovia was a new land for the lost, and he was certainly lost.

Now, he was found.

Aurora Basin, hm? That sounded interesting. The stallion nodded, understanding the metaphor but more grateful for the offer of food and a warm place to stay. He chuckled, the sound deep and melodic. "I feel like a beaten ship," he agreed, nodding. "Torleik, I would be honored to go home with you as your guest. I am glad to be with family."

Maybe one day there would be tension. Someday they might disagree. But today was about finding your roots and replanting that great tree. Today was about a new home.