the Rift

The forest, lovely

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
I hold you in like a deep breath

"Torleik - I am so glad to see you here, brother."

The words vibrated through the air, hitting his audits and tantalizing him with the belief that maybe, just maybe, this was real. Tentatively, the Bloodskald took two steps forward and thrust his muzzle at Bolverik's shoulder, jabbing it roughly, briefly, warily.

"You're really here..." Torleik breathed, promptly and completely violating his half-brother's space by crushing him in a muscular embrace. "How did you find your way here? You must have gone home, seen what they did... - did anyone else make it out?" The words tumbled out of his mouth as he took a step back, eyes flicking here and there, studying Bolverik's appearance.

He looked terrible.

His mane and tail were matted in some places, covered in mud in others (this mud reached his pelt, as well); he was thinner than Torleik remembered, duller, beaten down. Was this how he'd looked when he reached Helovia, too? Probably worse, he mused a little bitterly, knowing his brother hadn't witnessed the fire that consumed their home. Hadn't run from it like a coward and left his parents to die.

Well, he only would have left his father. Their mothers were not the same.

Bolverik claimed he looked well and inquired as to his discovery of Helovia - as if he'd come here with a purpose, on purpose. "I know not how I found Helovia, brother. I was a broken man, a wanderer in lands not my own until I found myself here - and in here, our cousin Ulrik found me like I have found you, and gave me a home," the younger male said, the excitement straining at the edges of his voice. Family was family, and they could not be choosy now. "I think...this is a place for those who have no place," the Bloodskald offered. "A new home for the lost."

A joyous grin broke out over the warrior's face and he stamped in place, thrilled. "But you are lost no longer! Come with me to the Aurora Basin - it's where I call home with Ulrik, and others," murmured the glacial-eyed brother, shifting his compass to the Basin, feet moving him back to where 'home' was now. Elder sibling inquired as to how he was and Torleik considered this carefully. "I am not climbing the branches of the great tree, nor am I gnawing at its roots, so there is not much I can offer up in way of complaint, Bolv," was the honest answer, a metaphor Bolverik would understand. "Come home with me and I will have you fed and given a warm bed in which to rest; you look weary as a storm-beaten ship."

"talk talk talk"

@[Bolverik]

Art by: veradaine @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
The forest, lovely - by Bolverik - 12-23-2014, 11:22 PM
RE: The forest, lovely - by Torleik - 12-24-2014, 12:11 AM
RE: The forest, lovely - by Bolverik - 12-25-2014, 10:33 AM
RE: The forest, lovely - by Torleik - 12-29-2014, 09:41 PM