Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme

PALADIN
The sound of iron shocks is stuck in my head

[[[[Location: THE SKY ISLAND, outside of the center and in the grasses
Time of day: midnight, birdsong
Time-limits: extensions only for absences]]]

The warrior. The father. The killer. The darkness. Paladin, a summation of all of these, walked through the deep forest, the hole of his despair. In these trees he retreated into darkness and into himself, losing sense of time and connection. What had he become? In the fated land of Isilme, he had lead a revolution that rang out into the present. His actions alone had set in motion change, but this change did not happen pleasantly. At the end of his life he looked back and saw only mistakes, some honest and some crooked. Here, there were no rose-tinted glasses, just pure, unadulterated honesty.

And the future? Even more bleak. A once, powerful body, rippling with lean muscle and attractive was no longer so. Arthritis spread like the disease it was, making joints creak and body thing, almost gaunt. White hairs sprouted around his hips where his hide had once been been gleaming black, and the tail, once thick and white, was sparse. Paladin had aged swiftly and poorly, his history of bloodshed and war catching up to him like Karma - that bitch.

He had raised thieves, mercenaries and spies, not a single one honorable in his attempt to blend species. Their mother. Where was she? Tragic memories haunted his nightmares, ones who could not dare to think aloud. Was she dead? By his hand? The thoughts were too much to bear, and she shoved them quickly away, for they would surely be his death. He had tried so hard, worked for nothing, toiled against fate that laughed in the face of his shortened lifespan. Paladin had caused so many ripples, but they all traveled down the same stream. He was a pawn in a larger game, controlled, not independent.

So why should he try any longer? He would speak his mind, and he had. Did Mirage think her intentions so pure? To cast out the unicorns for living with their own kind? So many, condemning the actions of Mauja and Psyche, but she had been trying to make the best of her own life. They had shared a past, and she had done well for herself after running. Even Phantom had left - how could he judge their life given their past? He had no right, not with the crimes in his past.

So he traveled south, out of his hole and seeking his family. Before whatever happened to them happened, he needed them to know. Words of this island traveled fast, and he swiftly found himself on a cloud and in the grasses, surrounded by life in the sky. No longer was he awed by this majesty. This was nothing more than a show of force. Calling out for his offspring was foolish, so he stood, an ancient relic in a world that he moved on, waiting for them to appear.

He had waited this long? What was a few more years...

[[(intro) (@[Varath])]]]

"This is me.,"

Messages In This Thread
My final run - by Paladin - 12-24-2014, 12:38 AM
RE: My final run - by Varath - 01-13-2015, 05:31 PM
RE: My final run - by Paladin - 01-14-2015, 04:29 PM
RE: My final run - by Varath - 02-05-2015, 05:33 PM
RE: My final run - by Paladin - 02-24-2015, 10:25 AM
RE: My final run - by Varath - 03-16-2015, 04:01 PM
RE: My final run - by Paladin - 04-03-2015, 03:55 PM
RE: My final run - by Varath - 04-19-2015, 03:08 PM
RE: My final run - by Sevin - 04-21-2015, 12:06 AM