[OPEN] lips stained red from a bottle of wine

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

megaera</style>
so tell me why I should run for cover
at the sound of the coming thunder</style>

Megaera wasn’t the type to let jealousy corrupt her thoughts and actions. She was fair, pragmatic when it came to who and what she was, but even so, that little flair of envy would pop up from time to time. She was a warrior; wanted to protect for family, fight for them, die for them if she must, but when she stood herself next to Gaucho or Hector and now this black monstrosity, she thought how much easier it would be if had their kind of strength. That wasn’t all, she had to remind herself, she might not have their brute force she had speed and endurance on her side and could probably out-fly any of them.

She was stubborn too. When the black stallion whirled and mirrored her puffed up posture, she didn’t move an inch. When he declared himself a warrior of Dragons Throat, her black eyes flashed and narrowed. If he thought he could pass himself off as a brother-in-arms without a better explanation her would have another thing coming. He moved forward and to the side, clearly unintimidated, and proceeded with his terse introduction. The first sounded like chastisement, and that grated. How dare he barge into her home and correct her for defending it. She managed to bite off the angry surge that might have been her first reaction. She cocked her head at his mention of the Chancellor, his struggle with the name put her in mind of how Gaucho would sometimes struggle with the common language of Helovia. Even the thought of her beloved general was enough to calm her ire a bit but she eyed the newcomer speculatively. For a moment, though she relaxed her posture, she remained silent and still a bristly. She liked to be on good terms with her adopted family but stung pride made her unsure has how to proceed. She’d be damned if she’d apologize for doing nothing she thought wrong.

“I spoke as I meant. It’s my business to guard this territory against intruders. If the Chancellor has invited you then you are welcome here.” Her voice didn’t yet have the warmth that she gave to members of Dragons Throat, but it was civil and only a little bit stiff. “I am Megaera, a warrior of the Throat. I don’t know how much Bucephalus told you, but Helovia has not been entirely peaceful of late.”

Image Credits
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
RE: lips stained red from a bottle of wine - by Megaera - 01-02-2015, 01:22 AM