the Rift

[OPEN] [giveaway] HIS VALIANT RETURN

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
StormBringer

Whatever gathers nearly all of Helovia, the king of the Edge is not immune to. It pulls at him like an eager foal at his mane, like love on his heartstrings. The island is a reminder of things he'd rather not remember, things like waiting on Kahlua's love, the pain of his fight with Bronze driven by his own toxic emotions. Nonetheless, he is an open minded individual if nothing else, and returning at the beckoning of something unknown is rather familiar to him. It had called to him before, and he had been given the magic that stirred restlessly inside him. That, if nothing else, was why he left to search for the source. It was clear that the magic inside him recognized the mother it had come from, the magic that surrounded and imbued itself in Helovia.

Cherry blossoms swept across his hooves in silken greeting, pale pink on paler gold, a stunning contrast that he could not see for himself. Physical aesthetic was not something he considered himself to have, though he was often told otherwise. Marching on, rather on a mission to find the source of his mild discomfort, Kaj snorted softly to himself to see such a large gathering of faces. Approaching slowly, the king eyed those nearest to him, hanging back on the outskirts. Had they, too, been summoned?

Kahlua is among them, and the stallion sobers to see her, his heart still tender to all that had transpired between them. Evangeline is next to fall beneath his pale blues, and another pang touches his chest. Why had fate cursed him to fall for beautiful mares that would tempt him with potential love, only to rip it away with painful reasonings?

He does not move to either of their sides, standing off to himself and bowing his head to the turtle who was handing out the gifts, enchanted to see something so large and clearly sentient. He does not speak, not wanting to draw unnecessary attention to himself. Kaj doubted he had the heart to stand it, if he did.

venomxbaby @ DA :: Blusl @ DA

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit

A devil in a little black dress

Lakota had not been to the island yet, mostly because she simply wasn't interested in the hubbub that was sure to follow something so new and precious to the interested Helovians that sought to understand something the Gods had created. Ktulu had seemed to have no interest in it, either, so the Poisoner had been content to not investigate. After she'd heard about the horrible things that had occurred, it had only solidified her desires to not go. Of course, that meant little when it came to the sudden mass migration that she saw towards the floating land mass. The sensation had not escaped her notice, nor her companion's, but with a sigh of defeat she had finally jumped on the bandwagon and eventually tracked down the source.

The sapphire maiden had no real ties to any specific God or Goddess for that fact (despite owning magic that was gifted to her by the lady of darkness herself) so the appearance of the earthly turtle did not inspire much inside of her aside from curiosity and maybe even a little wariness. Turtles really should not be that big, she thought to herself. Ao huffed in agreement beside her.

A soft snort of her own escaped delicate nares, seeing the greed that underlines their peaceful reunion. It was hard for her to consider the turtle's received gifts to be anything other, though the turtle himself was surely giving, she still found the actions of the receivers to be rather greedy. Kota greedy too, Aodaun huffed in amusement through their bond. Lakota laughed softly to herself. Yeah, she was. She really didn't mind, though, far more interested in whether or not she could give whatever she received to her future foals.

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu</style>
when the sky turns gray and everything is screaming
i will reach inside just to find my heart is beating
</style>

'Strange.' Eytan murmured as he and Ktulu stepped off of the cloud that brought them up into the sky to an island that just happened to be hovering there. When Ktulu has spotted it she wanted, right away, to investigate even though she thought there was no way for her to get up there. She wanted to see what was there mainly because of the murders. There was a suspicion that the murderer was up there and if that was the case she could alert the rest of her team and they could handle it accordingly. It was only luck that she ended up on the cloud that brought her up to the island.

No sooner had she set food on solid ground, she heard tinkling bells. Her ears strained forward and she looked down at Eytan, who had heard the same thing. 'What's that?' He asked. "Bells?" It was a strange thing to hear and Ktulu began to follow the sound until she found the gathering. She stopped and snorted as she recognized a few of the ones there. Her sister was who she took note of first, then her daughter and a small colt that she assumed was Ryuu, and Apollo. The last that she took note of was Kaj, the Edge King standing off on his own.

With a snort Ktulu moved to stand next to him, her eyes fixed on the turtle that seemed to be far too big to be any ordinary turtle. The suspicion that she felt upon reaching the island had not waned. Movement caught her attention and when she looked she saw Kota had found her way to the island. Without a word Ktulu abandoned the king and made her way to her sapphire maiden, her muzzle reaching out to touch her neck as she drew closer. "Hey."

"."

Image Credits

Icon by Tay

Crowley Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 12 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Talbot :: Common Hellhound :: Acid & Name? :: Caracal :: None Dingo

Take me to church
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies

The bright lights ahead are a abhorrent, fearsome sight that ceases the beast's movements completely, rendering him stuck where he stood. And that forsaken jingling that grated on his ears... His barrel expands and contracts harshly as he looks upon it and the countless bodies that surround it, undoubtedly plotting his demise and piecing together a plan to bring him down for good. What the tree and the bright, colorful lights have to do with it all, he knows not, only that it is something terrible.

But Talbot knows this is not true; amongst the group are old friends, family even, such as Rhiannon whom the hound wishes only to make amends with considering their last meeting at the beach. He even spies d'Artagnan within the group, his own hound at his side, who Talbot remembers fondly romping about and terrorizing the Basin with when they were only pups. A small whine escapes the helldog's throat, but he knows it would be foolish to leave his master's side; he is Crowley's only comfort, the only one who can even attempt to battle the terrors ravaging his cursed mind.

"I'll destroy them all," the horned stallion hissed beneath his breath to none other than himself, words tainted with fear and paranoia as molten eyes jumped from one body to the next, assuring that none even dared glance in his direction, "All of them. Tear out their intestines and strangle them with them... If they think they can get me..."

"Talk talk talk"

[For curse;; distorted reality]

I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife

Panzram Posts: 64
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 8 Tallsuns HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Xyroca

Daggers molested the heavenly soil, stabbing the earth with an unusually joyful step. Something about having seen the pathetic stature of the dimwitted mare, Arvakl, brought me a sadistic joy that tickled at my funny bone. To see her thrashing about and throwing a temper tantrum because she was too ignorant to ignore the natural temptations of a salacious stallion was quit humorous to me. In truth, it made me wonder how many a mare I had left in that same situation. Drip lips pulled back to reveal stained ivories, whilst my tongue flicked out as though to savor the memories.

It seemed as though I was drawn to this island more and more, for inexplicable reasons that were beginning to gnaw at my brain and cause frustrations. But as I rounded a corner of the edge of the island, my dark orbs settled on a massive crowd of all various kinds of beings. For a second, I had completely forgotten about my new found position as a unicorn. My orbs narrowed and my nose crinkled with a snarl at the site of all the mutants, and a wild toss of my blade-topped crown cut through the wind with a swoosh reminded me that I was now one of them. For some reason, the gods of Aeon had decided to 'bless' me with their touch. This blessing caused me more hell than it was worth, and aside from an added weapon, there was nothing that brought me any more glory to be a pretentious unicorn. Reminding myself that standing there sneering at a crowd of beastly mutants was probably improper, and as my eyes darted to several other much larger beings, my expression changed to stone.

My eyes darted through the crowd, recognizing a few familiar faces -Arvakl's brought a chortle that I attempted to choke back- I began to wonder what they were starring at. A few beings stood off to the edge of the crowd, and I couldn't blame them. The very island itself was beginning to feel claustrophobic, the number of beings speaking and breathing and their companions were downright suffocating. Dark orbs focused through the spaces between the mares and stallions, particularly looking through their legs. Through their movements, I spotted a very strange looking creature that I had never come across before. Eying the creatures body, I wondered what it looked like underneath the shell, momentarily fantasizing about ripping it right from the creature's back to get a better look at the pulsating organs and oh so sweet metallic blood. But as the creature began to pass out gifts, my auds flicked back warily. Had I intruded upon something that I was no supposed to see? If not...Was I to receive something as well? Greedily I took another step or two forward, watching the turtle with hungry eyes.

Please tag Panzram in first posts only. Violence and magic can be used on him, just please do not kill or permanently injure/maim.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Gleefully the turtle sings: come one, come all to the giving tree!

Arvakl | Foal stats, no magic
Maitimo | large item
Ayelet | large item
Abraham | 3 Amulets (any kind)
Evangeline | 3 Amulets (any kind)
Morrigan | 3 Amulets (any kind)
Jorogumo | Foal stats, no magic
Thor | large item
Essetia | Twin stats, no magic
Confu | Hybrid foal stats
Vadim | Twin stats, no magic
Einarr | Twin stats, no magic
Torleik | Moon Armor (non-magical, will have to quest to enchant)
Solanine | 3 amulets (any kind)
Resplendence | medium item
Rasta | large item
Ranjiri | large item
Kaj | 3 amulets (any kind)
Lakota | large item
Ktulu | Hybrid foal stats
Crowley | Twin stats, no magic
Panzram | Twin stats, no magic

The admin will update this for you, but if you want to apply your amulets, please specify the kind and character so that we can put them on your records!

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen
Rei
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
― Michael Jackson

Dark times had descended upon Helovia. From what I had heard it had all started on the sky's island; but it seems to have spread to every corner of the lands. So why think of the Insula as being tainted? Some of my fondest memories had been forged on the small piece of floating land and they won out over whatever evil had taken place. Besides the Throat it was still one of my favorite places to be.

I had flown over the island for most of the morning enjoying the feel of the cool morning mist clinging to my feathers. Morning had faded into midday before I left the sky. My muscles burned from exertion. Flying took effort; although I have never tested it to be true or nothing more than a tall tale, I have heard that if you go too long without serious exercise your muscles used during flight could shrivel up. Could just be something mother's tell their foals to keep them active but it had never been something I had wished to test out.

Aimlessly my hooves carried me around the Caela Insula, often times taking me in circles, but contentment filled my thoughts as it had not in some. Contentment didn't need direction and if it didn't then neither did I. I wanted to become a bigger part of the herd, but Bucephalus had said had been like venom in my veins. He had certainly meant nothing but to help with his words but to run myself ragged didn't seem to be worth it.

The sound of bells was quite literally music to my ears I was beginning to pull myself from my contented state and they were the saving grace taking me away from my own thoughts. I had a soft spot in my heart for their dainty musical sound since my meeting with Kvothe. These bells had a different sound than what his had, but he had created a positive association in my head with their sound.

The wind sings a duet with the tree's branches begging those wandering the island to come closer, pleading with them to open their ears and hearts to its song. The tree looks as if the stars themselves have come to lay in its branches.

I am completely entranced as I approach the tree, dipping my head to the strange turtle first I cannot keep myself from brushing my nose against its branches tentatively adding my own few notes to its song.

Credits: Thank you Shady and Tamme!
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Astraea Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Wandering, for most of my life I had been wandering from place to place. But now my wandering had come to an end. I had a home at the Edge. I had a few friends here in Helovia. My life was seeming to come together piece by piece.

Today though, I was wandering once more. Although, this time I was wandering for the fun of it. Which led me to this island that floated above Helovia. With eyes wide, I took in the scenery. Waterfalls, green grass, rivers, and wildlife abundant all around. It really was beautiful.

I had only spent maybe a couple hours exploring the island before I came upon a creature I hadn't ever seen before here in Helovia. The turtle was laying in wait beneath a rather large conifer and it seemed like a group was gathering around him.

What was going on?

Slowly, I worked my way over to the turtle and as I reached him my ears caught the soft sound of bells jingling in the faint breeze. I looked up into the tree only to spot some red bells hanging within it. How in the world did they get up there? Needless to say the bells seemed to mix with some sort of rays of light and the display was stunning. Simple but elegant all the same. My mouth fell open out of awe as I stared at the tree and after a few minutes I shook my head and returned my focus to the turtle that was sitting there beneath the tree. What was going on that everybody seemed so interested in this turtle? Hopefully it wasn't something to do with the murders that were going on.

"Astra's speech"|"Astra's thoughts"

WORD COUNT;; 285
TAGGED;; no one
OOC;; bloop..

ASTRA'S REF;; Click!
ASTRA'S VOICE;; Adelaide Kane (AKA Mary Queen of Scots from Reign).
LRYICS;; Geronimo by Sheppard.

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie
I Ain't Got Time To Bleed

For some time Glacia and I followed the sounds of jingling, originally having set out to seek some kind of mother daughter time.... She could tell the filly was growing restless in the winter home. Yet they had been drawn, and had followed the train of horses leading to the floating island, where there could be a jingling heard. As the mother and the daughter moved closer towards the source, it grew stronger, as did the throng of horses, the mulling of many voices, and... the feeling of happiness.

Once mother and daughter reached the source, Glacia took off towards the tree. A small smile graced the features of the mother. Dark blue eyes scanned the crowd to find Midas. She mulled through slowly, looking at all the faces. Hell, even the festival didn't have this many creatures about. Her dark blues caught the Tigress, and.... Thranduil? The golden boy hadn't been seen in so long that the dark mare had thought he had gone and died. He had eyes for a small fawn however. It made her smile, before giving the handsome stallion one more glance for good measure that he was still as attractive. She passed by Ophelia, giving her a nod to say hello. I did like her quiet an awful lot. My next stop was Midas.The winged man that I was in coherts with over this murder. I softly touched his shoulder, as a way of greeting, before moving to the giant turtle. "Thank you for what you are doing. Your wonderful." I was surprised at my words of kindness that fell carefully out of my pretty two toned mouth. They felt strange. The stranger thing? They where sincere.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[]
Words;; No idea... over 250 though!
Notes;; Sia loves the way Thran looks with that fur. So. She be a hoe even on Christmas >.<

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!

Jahzara Posts: 63
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 hands :: 6 Birdsongs
Xyroca
"Tell Me Something Sweet To Get Me By"

The young mare bounded after her best friend, the vibrant purple pony that only her mind could let her see, Lily. The stubby legs of the pony drummed the earth steadily in Jahzara'a ears, her comforting and familiar voice urging her to give chase to follow her. Lily was drawn to something, and the golden vixen had yet to figure out exactly what it was. They had never travelled to this portion of Helovia, but perhaps it was the Gods themselves that were beckoning to the hallucinations of Jahzara's mind in order to draw the mare in. As the vivacious mare giggled away in her canter, the pony led her to one of the clouds that could lift the flightless to the floating island above. The mare had heard of such a magical place, yet she had a hard time believing that it actually existed. However, the pony waltz right into the cloud, disappearing from her mind's eye as Jahzara stepped daintly forward.

As the cloud began to ascend, a broad grin spread acros the golden girl's lips and she carefully glanced over the edge of the cloud to the earth falling farther and farther from her site. Surely, this was what it was like to fly! Lifting her nose to the air, the wind dancing her her mane and tail, she took a deep breath and imagined for a second that she had the wonderous wings like so many she had seen in the amazing world of Helovia. When the cloud reached the floating island, the sound of water flowing over the edge's caught her attention. Lily reappeared before her, practically rearing with excitement. 'Jay, there are a ton of other horses here! Something exciting is going on!' With a nicker of acknowledgement, Jahzara began to following the hoofprints and sounds of the gathering of equines. There were many faces that were strange to her, but a few familiar faces but her at ease.

The mare smiled at the sight of her teammates, beaming to know that they were hear with her. A few other beings, some with some not so savory expressions, made the mare shy away. Strategically, she kept near familiar faces that she had grown more comfortable with, including her fellow herdmates. Squeezing through the ground, she struggled to see what everyone was looking at. When she finally made her through, her healthy gaze landed on the sight of the most beautiful tree she had ever seen. And beneath it, a massive...What were those things again? 'Damn, that's a big ass turtle!' "Lily! Manners!" Jahzara hissed under her breath, imagining the pony sizing herself up by the large turtle. As they watched, Lily grasped on to what was happening. 'Jay, he's giving presents! I think he might be related to the Gods or something!'

The Arabian cross tilted her dished crown, clearly confused by the concept. Presents? For...everybody? As she glanced around, she realized that they were, indeed, all receiving presents. Her jaw went slack with surprise, admiring the gifts that were bestowed to those around her and she suddenly felt like she was imposing. Nervously she flicked her tassle, wondering if it was rude to be here. But nobody was turning her away, none of her herdmates seemed to give any signs that she wasn't welcome. Timidly, she stepped forward to the turtle. "This is amazing, everyone from all walks of life are here and they are all accepting each other and you. Thank you for that, thank you for the moment of peace you have brought us." She wasn't trying to bribe him or ask for any sorts of presents, rather she was truly impressed and admired the magic that this unusual divine being brought here. The best thing that this turtle could offer any of them, in her eyes, was the gift of peace. Even if it was just for a moment, it was something.

"Talking"

JAHZARA
Image Credit
Force permitted against Jahzara, but please to not maim or kill her!
Please tag only in first posts!

Ayleid Posts: 8
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 3 years
Adoptable

It really hadn't been all that long since Rhea had brought me to the Basin to be welcomed into the herd. And yet here I was already out running about, getting to know the layout of this world. So far I had been to the Threshold and the Basin and now to this floating island in the sky.

I honestly didn't spend all that much time before my ears swiveled and caught a melodic sound floating in the air. Bells? I had heard plenty of bells on Cimoron, but this was different somehow. Was it more of a jingle or a jangle, or was it something else completely different that I couldn't put a finger on? Out of curiosity, I began to search for the origins of the angelic noise.

About an hour of turning this way and that way and even double backing my steps, I had arrived to what I would presume to be the origin of the noise. My orange eyes looked upon the throng of others standing before a giant conifer tree that was adorned with randomly placed red bells and a few points of glimmering light. In all my life I don't think I had ever seen anything quite as simplistically beautiful. But there was still a bunch of others around the tree and I didn't know most of them. Bucephalus and Rhea had said there were murders going on on Helovia. Perhaps I was stumbling upon a crime scene?

I cautiously approached.

A turtle? Everybody was gathering around a turtle that sat beneath the tree? Confusion struck me a blow that left me stumbling for answers. What was so interesting about this turtle? What was going on? Was there something special about this turtle that gave many a reason to come see him if they could? The questions continued to flood my mind, but the only way they would be answered was if I remained quiet, watched and waited to see what would happen. So with a look from side to side at the others who had gathered I calmly waited to see if any of my questions would be answered without my need to ask them.

"Ayleid's speech"|"Ayleid's thoughts"

WORD COUNT;; 363
TAGGED;;
OOC;; bloopity bloop

AYLEID'S REF;; Click!
AYLEID'S VOICE;; Miranda Otto

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie

Miykael the Angel

and, baby, your smile's forever in my mind and memory

What had brought him here he couldn't rightly say. Perhaps it was Ellie mentally stringing him along until they wound up somewhere new to explore or perhaps it was simply by chance. Regardless, he soon found himself on the floating island - the land that had arrived after the sickness disappeared. Ellie flew overhead as he walked, moving inwards towards the center of the island at a leisurely pace. Miykael is in no particular rush. Instead, he is simply enjoying the peacefulness of the island.

The peace is rather abruptly disrupted, however, when the two come across the large gathering ahead. Ellie, seeking the comfort and safety of her dearest friend, lands quickly upon Miykael's shoulder. She tucks herself in, almost trying to blend in with the hairs in his thick, dark mane. The pegasus pauses a moment but curiosity quickly takes over and soon he's making his way through the crowd. He squeezes through any gap he can find, only occasionally glancing at faces in the crowd. Some he recognized from the Edge and others in passing, one stood out (as per usual) but what interested him was not who was gathered but why they were gathered. He quickly noticed that they were all focused on the tree at the center.

From a distance the tree appears to be a normal tree but as he moves forward he notices the bells and lights decorating the tree. As unusual as the concept was, the most striking is the oddly large turtle. The dunskin inches ever closer, despite Ellie's protests. She is a cautious bird, uncertain as to what this massive (especially to her petite self) turtle is here to do or bring. Miykael, however, senses no evil here. Only joy. Only a joy he hasn't felt in a long time. A joy that has rendered him speechless as he dips his head in greeting to the large turtle.
Image by Vail
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

As the last come, the Earth Turtle yawns. He is very tired. This has been a long, but happy day and he is glad to have brought some joy to their faces.

Rei: Twin stats, no magic
Astraea: [TimexEarth:: Can control the constellations and star placement in the sky.]
Sialia: large item
Jahzra: Foal stats, no magic
Ayleid: 3 Amulets (any kind)
Miykael: [LightxDark | Can summon a warm, glowing light to heal small or minor wounds; larger or more serious wounds can be healed at a cost to the user and varies based on the severity (i.e., mild illness, severe headaches, physical damage)]

Admin will update records, no need to post to the records thread.