the Rift

[OPEN] [giveaway] HIS VALIANT RETURN

Brisé Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

always a villain
even when I'm not

My hearing was definitely off. This ringing sound, while muffled and distant, was very persistent and starting to grate on my nerves. Why, I do not know, but it was and I needed to find out what the hell that sound was. So I turned from my aimless wandering to follow the source of the noise, my step rigid but regal. With each stride the irritation faded from my face and was replaced with an icy mask that seems to be my favorite.

As I continued following the abomination a melting pot of smells overloads my nose. None are too familiar though faint traces of the Basin's frosty smell wafted in every so often. So it seems I was not the only curious about the noise. Or perhaps there was something else there as well. Soon I saw the mass of equines gathered around a small tree. Points of light flashed in my eye and a rather strange scent caught up to me. As I arrived it seemed the jingling had ceased for the time being. I was not a very curious soul, I preferred to mind my own business, it was a lot less dramatic that way, but this gathering of all species and talents was a tad interesting so I stiffly sauntered up. I did not push my way through the crowd, but stood along the outskirts to see what everyone was so worked up about.

As I study the tree I notice a simple beauty radiates from it. Too often are things complicated while still complicated but this was more my style. Not noticeable at first but upon a second glance a certain serenity flew through your body. But an angry ripple passed through my bodice as the damn bells chimed yet again with the breeze. It ended as soon as it started and I resumed back to my unwelcoming and non-approachable stance instantly. Perhaps this might actually be worth it.

OOC| ^.^

Coding © Henley

December Posts: 144
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 6 (Frostfall) HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Carl :: Ccara Llama :: None Watermel0nBob
<style type="text/css">::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 5px; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-track { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent;}</style>
White December

Why she had come here she didn't know. Perhaps it was the spring breeze that begged her to explore, or the distant jingle that rang in her ears as she continued to walk about. Soon her hooves were on a large cloud, it bringing her gracefully up to the larger island, where she could only stare with her large steel eyes, to take in the beauty that was this place. Sand in the middle as a sort of clearing, with four tents surrounding it, most likely one for each herd. She was silent as she finally reached the edge, her cloud automatically stopping for her, and giving her time to walk off. As soon as her weight shifted off the vessel, it dissolved into thin air, granting only a flick of her tail in response to it. She still had much to get used to about this land.

Her large build shifted forward, and she was working her way to the middle where she found a massive turtle sitting in the center tree. The bells upon his shell swayed and jingled, and there were soft lights tinkling in the branches. She kept to the back, letting the other horses that had arrived greet and mingle with Holiday cheer, all while she took in their conversations, their movements and their mannerisms, to try and study each and every one. She made eye contact with the turtle for a moment, on accident of course, and gave him a nod whilst swishing her tail, being polite but still having very little interest in speaking.

Old habits die hard.

"Speech"
Text
Thought

{WC: 265
Tag: Random Event
OOC: Merry Christmas to all and Happy Holidays!}

image credits

PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!

Force is permitted aside from death or maiming

Kvothe Posts: 62
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 6 || Frostfall
Elodin :: Dik-Dik :: None Tribs

Kvothe

ring ching chang tink

Bells tinkle as i trot, accompanying my every footstep. Ah, such a sound. I feel the world would be rather quiet without my bells to flood my hearing and world. I walked along a strange place, an island in the sky. I had been walking along frozen lava when some sort of...well cloud formed beneath my feet. Very little startled me, but this bit of... magic? Witchcraft? Voodoo? Gods there were so many names for what had carried me high into the sky, to the island above.

Regardless of name, i was here upon this floating land, exploring it's sights. I poked my head into tents, splashed through creeks, stood on the edge of a world and laughed in the face of the danger of falling. I was like a colt, frolicking and bouncing and playing among the trees, bells cheering delightfully.

But grander, louder bells silenced mine, and i halted my play, a stag frozen in startled surprise, legs braced. My tail twitched, lifting in the air before i bound towards the noise, all propriety forgotten, uncared about. My hoofbeats slow, stop, as a grand crowd looms before me. And at the center is the source of the grand sound. Bells draped across a turtle before a tree. He is a creature that radiates peace, for when one carries the bells, how can one be violent?

I approach, my own chimes a pale mimicry of the beauty of the tolls from the turtle. I want to cheer and dance and add my chorus to the carol of the bells. But i don't approach the turtle, content to mingle amongst the crowd for now, my gaze flickering in wonder over the entire area.

Beautiful.

(Merry Christmas everyone :D)

"Kvothe's Speech."

Word Count: 000
Tags: 000
Notes: 000
Image Credits
Text Credits

Please tag Kvothe in all posts
Force is allowed provided it doesn't kill

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
darkness drains and the light will come again
Bells! Alysanne couldn’t remember the last time she had heard the tinkling noise, perhaps when she had first arrived? And had met Blitzen? Yes! Upon his collar there had been some delightful jingle bells that had sang every time that he had moved. She wondered if maybe it was him? Finally returned? It had been far too long since she had last seen that kind stallion, one of the first friends she had made here in Helovia.

So with a light heart she held onto that hope and followed the sound across the island in the sky. Much to her surprise, there was a crowd gathered around something and she had to wonder if so many people had been likewise touched by the presence of Blitzen and therefore overjoyed at his return!

There were a couple familiar faces in the crowd – each earning a bright smile as Alysanne recognized them. There was Ampere, the mare who could weave electric animals, and Lena, her beautiful friend from the north. Familiar faces from the Edge, certainly, and one in particular who she drifted towards. And as she moved through the crowd, she was able to get a glimpse at what they were all looking at. There was a gigantic turtle, a magnificent creature to be sure!

Coming to stand beside her friend her warm green eyes absolutely shining with a smile. “Oh Kahlua aren’t they beautiful!” She whispered in a bright, reverent voice as she took in the sight of both the tree and the turtle that sat beneath it. The magic of this place would never cease!

a l y s a n n e

original table by Rottie | image by Blu | parchment
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit
As strong as the seas are stormy.</style>

It seems that festivities and prizes draw her forth in multitudes, the magic of the land seeming to flourish as surely as the season, bountiful and giving. She wanders down the beach in search of this new pull, intrigued as much as she had been the last time it had pulled at her. Not that it had taken very long at all. Hotaru had little to complain about, especially considering the fact that she was a hoarder at heart and was rather open about her own sometimes greedy, selfish ways. The femme had no problem stepping on others to boost herself and her family up to higher ranks, until they were as untouchable as royals.

What she finds when she directs herself to the giant group of cumulating equines is rather…strange. Beautiful, of course, for the magic of Helovia always seemed to turn into the most beautiful of tangible items. The tree catches her attention first, colorful and standing in tall tiers of glorious evergreen. She gazes up at it with a soft gasp caught in her mouth, reverent. She had always been rather fond of the magic of Helovia, both random and celestial based (it is why she held such strong ties to her Goddess, why her respect for the Gods was so strong and prevalent) but something about the feeling of the gathering was calming and peaceful, almost joyous.

The turtle is next beneath her gaze, and though she blinks owlishly at it she approaches Ophelia and rests beside her, gazing across the gathering in silence. There was nothing for her to say, nothing to comment on that Ophelia could not herself see. So she merely basked in the sensation of having someone known nearby, sharing in the blanket of peace that fell across them like a loving touch from a mother.

Image Credits
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

Since Cera had first met the Earth Turtle, he had been rather in tune with his presence, and from the island he had followed the pull of familiarity that brought him to the group that gathered round a majestic tree, with deep emerald pines and a trunk as solid and everlasting as the oldest of oaks. The turtle is a familiar face to him, and the lithe youth stepped forward into the crowd with a smile upon his cherub face. Boyish and shy, he approaches the ancient being with an air of fondness and respect, and he kneels gracefully besides the shelled wise being. ”Hello, old friend,” he greeted with a boyish smile, wings shuffling in a quiet shushing motion, the filaments of each feather calm and sleek beside his old mentor. The turtle had guided him out of darkness and shown him the light of his Lord, and from there Cera had begun the transformation of forgiveness.

There are many around that Cera know, including his father, but he cannot stand to gaze upon him in that moment. It seemed even with the turtle’s influence, a memory of the last time he’d felt such negative emotions and overcome them, Cera could still not accept what he perceived as his father’s ultimate betrayal. Instead he roosts like a chilled hen, happily smiling in silence beside the turtle, gazing upon the tree that stood before them with a quiet sort of awe wrapped in a shawl around him. Whether it had grown alone or someone had sprouted it with magic, it was nonetheless superb craftsmanship. Stretching out his long legs, Cera happily shifted on the warm earth, and allowed his worries and troubles to melt away into nothingness.
Image by Alex

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable

With the telling of tales complete and the small crowd dispersed, the young Seer takes to wandering the island. There is not much left to explore, for she has already traversed every corner of it on foot, and she has charted the air above equally thoroughly. But she does not mind; she finds comfort in the familiarity. Though she has been away in the past season, nothing has changed: even winter has not left its mark on the island in the clouds. The trees are still heavy with buds, and the blossoms drift around her in their never-ending eddies, welcoming her back.

But wait! The faint sound of jingling bells reaches Nasreen’s ears, causing them to tip forward in curiosity. Perhaps not all is the same after all. Wondering what it could be, the duo-tone mare trots in the direction of the music, light steps keeping time with the cheery melody. What could it be? A festival? A fair?

The maiden is not disappointed. Within minutes she arrives at the scene, where a large crowd has gathered. Many she does not know, but a few familiar faces stand out. She pauses for a moment at the edge of the group, surveying them: Fig, Bucephalus, Aly, and Kahlua. Indecision gnaws at her heart, and she hesitates for a moment, considering…then she sidles up next to the mysterious tree-creature and the handsome stallion, smiling shyly as she approaches, decision made. “What’s happening?” she inquires, peeking over the landscape of heads, horns, and wings. Pink lips part in a soft gasp as she spots what they are all looking at, and Nasreen cranes her neck in excitement, trying to get a better view.

A giant turtle rests beneath a tree, and as she catches sight of it, she feels it, the tingle of something magical. “Oh…” she breathes in delight and awe, “Nevermind.”

"speech"

Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk
Thranduil

The small dark spotted fawn tries to resist and keep the more dignified pace the gold prefers, but honestly, for right now he was done. Jumping and leaping with new born grace the small creature celebrates the new adventures of rising up on a cloud to this strange land. Every now and then he would look up with wide, bright eyes only to see the gold there walking, without looking. At least he had stopped nipping the fawn. That had been most unpleasant. Not that the gold was ever too harsh, but the fawn was over joyed at his seeming acceptance of a little fun and joy today.

Walking now through a sandy patch the gold saw over the ridge a gathering of horses. Many there he knew. Pinning back his ears the gold thought better of going, even though there seemed to be much happiness in the gathering. It was with curiosity he noticed all mingled without mind to herds. Shaking his twin horned head, with his crown of silver branches rattling, the gold turned to go, but found he was missing something. Or someone. Haldir, that small fawn bounded towards the crowds, his eyes wide with seeing them. He knows no fear. Still it more the tall thing that stood in the middle. It was bright and exciting, the young deer could just feel it!

The gold snorted, but he couldn’t be completely mad at the small fawn. Even though he had tried many times, the gold was coming to see that utter anger was impossible with the child. So he moves towards the tree, and just prays no one speaks to him, or notes him. “Haldir,” he calls to the little one, who at hearing it bounds back to him. Having not heard his name much it was always a thrill. The gold lowers his crowned head and whispers to the tiny creature pointing his head towards the tree. “Orn [Tree].” The fawn stilled, his ears twitching. “Orn” the gold repeats and pushes him towards it. The small fawn was getting used these lessons and as always enjoyed the attention. So moving forward with the gold following he bounded up to the tree. His small tail wagging with joy to hear the jingling in the wind. The gold stops not far off, and sighs long and low. He makes eye contact with no one but the fawn, but in some odd way, he could find no discontent in his heart.

OOC:: I had like NO time today, but this is just so much fun! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
"talk talk talk"

Credits: Image by FROSTIE!

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi

Whenever Ghost came to the sky isle she always found something else different, or strange, or Godly. The last time was to witness the ascension of the Gallant as bestowed by the fellow who was thanking those who had appeared before the strange, bright tree. His bearded face always appeared kind with wisdom far greater than she could ever achieve and she smiled to him as she approached. He was the only God Ghost had ever had any kind of contact with and even then, it was small, a brief nod or word of thanks. Perhaps she would learn more about them one day, but for now she came to a halt on the outskirts of the gathered. Amongst them were faces she didn’t know, there was Midas and Elsa (whose feather sat neatly in her mane), her glass horned Uncle, her Legatus, the fallen King and Lady Ophelia. Those were the few she recognized, but still she remained on the outside. Not really feeling like conversing and instead she observed from the fringes, watching as each was gifted a prize to celebrate some strange event that involved trees with lights on them.

She ruffled her wings before closing them tightly into her chest, brooding gaze watching proceedings and waiting for any drama to unfold. The banshee wondered if she too would be granted a present, was it selfish to think she too might get one? Probably, but for the first time not many days ago she was given a feather from Elsa, the first thing anyone had ever given to her. Perhaps it was going to her head.

The Cadaverous fidgeted on the spot, hoping something would happen soon, the crowd was getting bigger by the minute. Filled with horses and bonded creatures, the uncomfortable feeling clear on the sprite’s face.

We're volcanoes in the night
We're rolling like meteorites
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Gull Posts: 120
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 9 (Tallsun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Splat :: Royal Zephyr :: Phoenix Shady
Gull
trouble just grew wings...

You don’t know what it is that calls you to the island. It’s already been well-established that you hate this place, with its fluffy blossoms and frou-frou trees, but you’re flying along in the bright blue Birdsong sky when suddenly you feel it hit you. You don’t know what it is, exactly, but for some reason you feel compelled to turn that pretty tail of yours around and make for Caela Insula like your wings are on fire.

It started out as a strange tickle in the back of your mind, but as you get closer, the feeling grows. It’s not unpleasant; in fact, you’re beginning to feel downright giddy. Even the stink of the cherry blossoms doesn’t bother you as you land on the island. Eagerly, you canter towards the source, blue eyes half-lidded and bright. Maybe this place isn’t so bad after all!

In a few minutes, you arrive. You know that this is where you have been summoned, for suddenly the tingling peaks, then stops, and then…a strange, warm feeling washes over you, and oddly, you feel perfectly content as you take in the scene before you: a huge turtle (hey, haven’t you seen him here before?) and a beautiful tree. Perhaps you should be alarmed, considering what happened last time you felt this good—coincidentally, there was also a weird tree that time (and ugh, the after-effects weren’t so pretty)—but you only feel vaguely drowsy and inexplicably happy. Nothing can disturb you, not even the multitude of unicorns present in the crowd. Hmm, you think lazily, enjoying the heady sensation, Strange stuff. Must be magic.

"talk talk talk"

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
Please do not tag Gull except for in opening posts or spars!

Ryuu Posts: 28
Outcast
Colt :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 1 Year
Mali :: Rough Collie :: None Brit
R
Y
U
U

I've never heard bells before.

They remind me a lot of your laughter, though I wish you would do so more often. It assures me that I make you happy, that we're okay. I don't really know the island, I've yet to really visit it, but I had seen it hovering above the Veins when I'd encountered Father again. You assured me that it was safe and that all was well, but I can't help but to panic when the clouds wrap round my legs like a vice (no matter how comfortable it may feel it is like a vice to me as I fall into fear). My legs are shaky as I am placed upon the earth once more, and I stumble on aching hooves towards the noises that tickle and entice my ears.

I've taken to tentatively roaming, ever since my patrol with Sacre and Megaera, but I know you were worried about the murders. Especially after Sohalia's daughter had been killed, and she was hardly my age. But I also know that you're aware that I'll never really be willing to stray too far from your side. I also know you worry that I'm too dependent, too scared of the world to really experience it. I feel guilty all the same, for which one I'm not sure. Likely both.

The lady from home is there again, I think her name was Aurelia. I skirt around her quietly, and I stare at the massive turtle that is next for me to see. I make a note to ask you if you've ever seen one so big before, because I've never even seen a turtle in the first place. He's absolutely enchanting, and the big tree is just as captivating. There are so many people to meet, things to see, and I am scared and awed all at once. So I just quiet down, crumbling awkwardly to my knees to relieve my aching hooves, and watch with a tremulous smile the going ons.

Image Credit

Plot with me here!

Rhea Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 3 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

Loving the wind beneath her wings and the freedom that the sky offered the dark patterned mare soared high over the lands paying very little attention to the world below. On a nice day such as this she could easily spend hours in the air just drifting between thermals letting her mind get lost in the clouds. The warmth of the spring weather was beginning to show all around as the snow melted to reveal the plentiful green shoots beneath, the colourful blooms and much more activity of critters normally tucked away from the cold. This was her favourite time of the year where her energy flowed and the daylight hours became much longer.

The jingling that roused her from her thoughts and drew her interest away from the clouds was a surprise that was not normally there. Swiveling her ears around to find the sound she carefully banked to her left as the strange floating isle came into view. What was it about this place that always seemed to lure strange occurances? Drawing her wings back she stretched forward as her hooves touched down onto the turf softly. The turtle before her was one of the strangest things that she had ever seen. She had definitely seen turtles before but this one was much larger and bore many shiny bells over its shell. The peaceful mood that was created from his presence had already drawn many so she might as well see what it was all about. Folding her wings along her sides she set forward weaving in and out through the crowd until she was able to draw up near to the turtle. Nodding her head politely she offered a kind smile in greeting but otherwise was at a loss for words. Before embarrassing herself by standing there staring at the scene laid out so beautifully she chose to move off to the side to see what might be going on.

•• TAGS: •• NOTES: Merry Christmas Everyone !! ••
Picture Credits
[Image: rhea_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobz.png][Image: rhea_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4q_by_moonstone_...9ggy08.png]
Please Tag Rhea In All Threads
Use of magic and physical contact is allowed with the exception of killing or maiming her.
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

Feeling much better than he had in months the grey lounged contentedly beneath the suns rays while he watched his curious feline with mild humour. They had come back to the floating isle to enjoy the peace that the place seemed to bestow upon all its guests before setting out to explore new places. Kiara lay stretched out over a low hanging branch of one of the islands many trees trying to enjoy the warmth much like he was in quiet but was not exactly having the most pleasant time of it. A few small sparrows had also taken a liking to this particular tree and were seeming to have a great old time pestering the lounging predator any way they could. Watching them swoop down from the higher branches boldly to land next to the tiger they proceeded to pull at strands of her fur until they caused the lazy feline to swat them away. A few even dared to fly down to brush their wings just over top of her head just to annoy his poor friend. Laughing to himself as Kiara finally pulled herself upright to swat her paw at a few of them with a growl his attention was drawn by another sound in the near distance.

A soft jingle drifted through the breeze catching the attention of all who could hear its tune. Curiosity pulled the two of them from their sun lounge to seek out the source. Walking for only a couple minutes they caught sight of a rather large gathering forming. Whats going on? He commented to Kiara silently as she trotted up ahead a few paces to get a closer look. Turtle..and bells.

Completely confused by this the grey stallion worked his way forward until his silver orbs caught sight of the Earth turtle for himself. He had met this guy briefly before a number of months earlier but this time he seemed to be decorated in little bells causing the jingle as he moved along. It was a little strange but the way the light hit the tree he was sitting beside made it all seem magical. Smiling warmly he looked around at the other gatherers hoping to find either Parelia or his son standing nearby. They would surely love to see this for themselves and he would love to be able to enjoy it with them. Settling down amongst the others with Kiara by his side he waited quietly wondering what might be going on.

Ciceron talks
Ciceron thinks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: •• NOTES: <3 ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

His spar had ended with relative ease. He was glad to know that his strength had not been completely compromised by the Sun God's task. Still, it was not without it's difficulties and for that Gaucho was glad too. It meant that there were still skills he could improve on, things he could learn.

Moving away from the edge of the Island, Gaucho heard a peculiar ringing. It couldn't be the voice of any creature, lest it would fall upon deaf ears (literally). If he could still communicate with Mara she might have told him that the sounds were likely bells, but her mental thoughts did not make an impact in her bonded's mind. Shrugging gently with non-existent shoulders as Gaucho headed towards the sound, the snake was content with waiting to see what was making the noise.

As the turtle, and those gathered around came into view, Gaucho snorted and paused. Was it another murder? Trotting forward it appeared that a few had received tangible gifts, and others more magical ones. He couldn't hear the words falling from their lips and so knew not what was needed in order to be a recipient. Instead, the Wildfire merely stood his ground, flaming wings hung loosely at his sides. He would wait, and he would watch and he would see. It was dangerous for so many to be clumped together .. with a murderer roaming around anyone could be a target, and in large groups mass panic often hid the culprit with ease. Although the Island was meant to be protected by the Gods, their power had already failed once. Gaucho wasn't convinced that it wouldn't fail again.

"hmmm..." Gaucho mumbled to himself as he kept a watchful eye over those who had gathered.

[WEEEE CHRISTMAS TABLE. AND THANK YOU <3]

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd
RHOA
I belong anywhere but inbetween.
I am not my Father. I am not my Father. I am not my Father. I am not -

I followed Father to the Island. I was exploring the area while he was sparring (I don't think he saw me, but I can't really be sure). As soon as it was over I thought he'd fly home until I heard the bells. I remember feeling flooded with disappointment because I wanted to know what they were and where they were coming from. Unfortunately I don't really know my way home from here, so if Father decided to leave I'd have to leave with him. But! He didn't! Apparently he was intrigued too, for he set off towards the sound. I stayed behind him just a little, still not knowing how to explain that I followed him here. Lingering in the shadows, I noticed that the pulsing light from my wings likely gave away my position entirely, making my attempts at being stealthy completely null and void. Well. Looks like I won't be applying to be a spy in the herd anytime soon. Anyways, I followed Father to the source of the noise.

A ... ! A uhm... A....Actually I don't really know what it is. A...lizard thing? Blinking, I look at the giant creature dumbly, mildly horrified but also intrigued and delighted by the bells. I want to run up and approach it but I don't. I think of the bird-lady, and I think about the things she said to me about bravery. I still haven't quite figured that out yet. And if the bird-lady and the bell-thing are together, or friends or whatever, I don't want it asking me about my progress. I"m sorry, but I still don't know how to be brave.

I decide to halt next to Father. If he asks me why I'm here, given that I know he can't hear me, I'll just act as though I told him I was going to follow him here. He'll think that he just didn't hear it. Mara will know of course but ... well, I doubt she'd mind.

So here we are. Just watching the thing with bells. Is it giving things to those around it? I narrow my eyes as I watch small trinkets pass from the creature to those close to it.

Table style by Tamme!

Sheba Posts: 114
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 13 :: Frostfall HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Minou :: Ocelot :: Sing Shady
All she ever wanted was the world.

You’ve searched so many corners of this place that it’s a surprise that you’ve never looked here since your horrendous transformation. Well…not really. The island is so beautiful that in truth, you cannot stand the thought of being here. What once offset your loveliness so well will only make you appear more gruesome now, and you have no desire to be the hag in the grottoes where you once played queen.

Still, stubbornness can only outlast desperation for so long. You’re looking for something magical, and the floating island is the most obviously otherworldly place in this strange land. While it pains you to do it, you have to look. It has been a journey of a few days, traveling to the rocky point where you first discovered the island. You travel more slowly now, weary joints protesting after every step, but you are determined: if this is the only way, then so be it.

The trip up to Caela Insula is quick and nauseating, but you grit your teeth and close your eyes. You’ll make it fast, just one look before you leave—at least, that’s what you’re muttering to yourself as the cloud soars into the sky much too fast for your liking. Sick to your stomach, you practically roll off your ride when it reaches land. Opening a clouded eye, you survey your surroundings…beautiful as ever, you note with disgust. Unlike you, the island hasn’t changed at all—it’s almost as if the very earth is mocking you, you think. Really, can it get any worse?

However, your luck is about to change. You pick yourself up with a belabored groan, preparing to cross this godsforsaken place off of your list of places searched…when suddenly, you feel it: the unmistakable tingle of magic. Eyes shoot open and legs buckle as your frail body trembles with disbelief…could it be? As fast as your arthritic legs can carry you, you shoot off in the direction of the feeling.

Soon enough, you see it. It is just as it was last time: a large crowd has gathered, all with looks of expectation plastered across their greedy faces. Determinedly, you slip into their midst, dodging and pushing in your ruthless journey to the front. Not today, fools. You’ve waited long enough to find Fireball; and while you have a few words with him, they can go--what?

Disappointment sears across your heart as you finally reach the forefront of the crowd, for your hungry eyes do not fall upon the flaming figure that has haunted your dreams for the past three seasons, but rather on a giant turtle and a simple tree. Angry tears fill your eyes, and you turn your face away. Once, you never would have let them see you cry like this…but then again, once you had no reason to. Oh Sheba, how far you have fallen.

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
Please tag Sheba in all posts!

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

Waking up to find her son sleeping peacefully nearby was a delight for the pale mare. The last couple weeks had passed uneventfully and she had taken the pleasure of spending what time she could doing things with her son. The two of them had been through a lot in the past couple months and things were finally starting to settle down as the weather improved greatly. As the snow melted their daily trips became longer as they explored all the places they could just enjoying each others company. Her boy was growing up quickly and she wished that she could somehow make him not age as fast so things wouldn't be over so soon. Each day that passed he was becoming more independent and knowledgeable making her so proud of the stallion he was turning into. There would come a time when he would need to strike out on his own to build a life for himself but for now he was still with her.

Todays journey had brought them to the wondrous floating island to see what all it had to offer other than its beauty and calm atmosphere. The ride up was always nerve wracking for one such as herself that was a creature of the land but her son seemed to be fearless when it came to heights and trying new things. His flying was slowly coming along making her a basket case out of worrying what could happen to him but thankfully so far he had yet to grasp the concept to fully take flight. If only she could help him... Sighing softly she watched her colt bound up ahead of her absolutely thrilled with all the new scenery, sights and sounds. Speaking of sounds... what was that jingling? Gazing around her blue orbs caught a group off to their right making her heart skip a beat. Oh no please don't let this be another murder.. "Aeolus come here please." She called out to him as she neared.

Reaching out her muzzle to touch his neck gently she was grateful when he obliged without too much complaint. Moving forward cautiously with her son tucked against her side obediently she was able to heave a sigh of relief when she found the Earth Turtle at the forefront of the gathering. Moving along to the side of the gathering she decided to stick around so that they might see what was going on. Despite her being rather uptight about being around so many people, Aeolus could care less. He was scanning the many faces happily trying to decide what all was going on or who he could go interact with. At least he didn't need to be burdened with her anxiety and for this she was grateful.

TAGS: All
NOTES: Merry Christmas!! Please consider this a post for both Aeolus and Brisa.
I would write them both but don't have the time as I am working tonight and only have a couple hours to catch some sleep before I have to go back in. :p

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Saffron Posts: 61
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Other :: 46" :: 2 HP: 58.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
No, I don't particularly like the idea of being on a floating island. Of course I've seen it, floating high in the sky. But that doesn't mean I've had any interest in being on it. That being said... Curiosity killed the cat. After watching so many venturing up to the island, I've found myself wandering toward the veins where those wingless souls may travel up into the clouds. The lack of solid footing as I move upward toward the floating land is nerve-wracking, and my hairs stand on end with my teeth bared as I go higher in altitude. After what seems like AGES, the cloud form deposits me onto the island, and though I know I'm no longer attached to the earth, the appearance that I am comforts me. I dig my claws into the soil, clinging to it as if it might suddenly disappear. No, I don't like this flying through the sky thing. If I was meant to fly I'd be given wings.

But here I am, and I suppose I need to accept that this is as good as it is going to get. I move forward, one step at a time, following what appears to be a crowd that is heading toward a large tree, raising high in the skyline. I follow them silently, not bothering to greet those I know or don't know. I stay out of the way, not wanting to become a new toy to giggle and point at, as there are many here who I don't know still. (Not that I mind that.) I see a turtle - the Earth Turtle, I hear? - beneath the large pine that is decorated with baubles and bells. Is this... a celebration? I've never heard of this winter celebration, but then I have never been part of any celebration. Zima and I rarely even celebrated birthdays. We didn't have parents to encourage any felicity. I sneak up toward the tree, and toward the Earth Turtle to delicately sniff his shell. "Hello, Wise One." Perhaps it is the presence of a creature endowed with such magical spirit, but I feel my soul comforted, and I lie down in the shadow and purr softly.

Right now, I am no predator, but a furry feline who likes a bit of love just as anyone else.

"Speech."

WC: 386
Awww, cute Saffron! Merry Christmas from Silk, Saffron, Andromeda, Arvakl, Rostislav, (and Tempe)!

SAFFRON
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Saffron excluding dismemberment and death.

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
I'm broken, lying helpless, shattered,
surrounded by the world

With a huff and a puff I've found my way to following these other beasts toward a large tree standing up out of the ground. To the island, to the earth, to the island, to the earth. So much back and forth. I wonder if this island will stay here forever, or if it will someday disappear? I see ahead of us that the Earth Turtle stands beneath a large tree, like one that we saw last year (though of course it wasn't here on the island, because the island did not exist then). There are many that I know here... Ciceron, the strange bird boy, Ghost, December, Spice, Oxy, Midas, Aurelia... and others, but I do not see Kiara. I frown, frustrated that I do not know where she is. 'Patience.' Damaris says through our bond, walking next to me easily and cheerfully. 'We will go find her afterward.' I take comfort from her words. If I do not see Kiara here then I will go find her. I see others begin to get presents from the turtle, and I stand nearby, watching with a smile as winter joy is spread from spirit to spirit.

Will I get a present too? My eyes light up a bit and I dance a little on my feet. 'Calm down and don't be greedy.' Damaris scolds me and I stop dancing, reaching down instead to nudge her with my muzzle. 'My gift is you, love.' I say back to her, happy and content with bond that we have. What more could I really want?

"."

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
Arah
It had been a bizarre, terrifying and strange trip up to the floating mass of land. Standing in the cloud that had lifted her up onto the land was completely accidental, Wynter beside her was panicked as well, swooping around the doe as if the bonded creature hoped to catch Arah if she fell through the cloud. Once they reached the top Wynter curled up upon her mistress' back, there she would sleep without a care if the world. It was life Wynter felt they were safe here...safer than when they were in The Basin. Curiosity peaked as Arah pressed forward, ready to explore the new land. Never before had she seen anything like this, a mass of land floating up in the sky?! It was unheard of!

A sound rang out over the land and without much conscious thought Arah turned and began to wonder over towards the sound. A crowd appeared in the distance, their shapes blending together as one large mass, yet their noises awoke the slumbering griffon upon her back. Sitting up and peering over Arah' shoulder, Wynter studied the crowds distrustfully. It was harder to spot threats among huge crows. "Ná bíodh imní ort, beidh muid a bheith sábháilte anseo." The doe speaks her native tongue out loud, the reminder of home sends a great sadness through her heart. 'Cad tar éis?' Arah frowns as she glances towards Wynter...what after...Oh! What are they after?

They approach the group curiously and then begin to study the tree before them.
It looks familiar...
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽