the Rift

[OPEN] [giveaway] HIS VALIANT RETURN

Satanic Silk Posts: 153
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 5 (Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Heavy as my heart may be, that doesn't mean I can't enjoy a little holiday spirit, as many others have. I have followed the other equines toward what appears to be a giveaway tree as there was last year around this time. I move slowly and quietly, following them all. I stand silently as I watch the Earth Turtle start to 'hand out' gifts to those that have already arrived. I see the joy that is spread from one to the other as they receive presents from who knows. A smile spreads on my face, undiscouraged by anything dreary going on presently in my life. I see Africa standing there and am not sure that I can bring myself to stand next to her. Instead, I join Gaucho and his children, watching as they receive presents. I chuckle as I watch them rejoice and look toward the Earth Turtle myself, wondering if I will get a gift as well. I wait patiently, watching him move slowly from one happy horse to another.

Perhaps he will gift me with the benefit of peace. Peace that I may understand the things that have happened in my life so far and the things that will come. A gift of comfort and acceptance so that I won't fight my future but roll with it as waves roll on the beach. I don't want to be struggling every day, in and out, to make sense of it all and try to fix it up the way I want. No, nothing good in life comes easy, but working so hard and it doesn't happen.... Maybe that's a sign as well? Perhaps the Earth Turtle will help soothe these worries. That is more than any physical gift that I could ask for.

"talk"

image credit
[Image: silkicon2_by_lainey_lou-d73bsek.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Glacia Posts: 111
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Name :: Snowy Owl :: None Nessie

Mother was taking me with her this time. We where actually leaving the Basin... Finally! I followed in my mothers footsteps as we made our way to a place mother didn't like overly much, and I am pretty sure its because she doesn't like flying. Something about it makes her snappy and edgy. But we where following the most pristine sound... The sound of jingling. As they moved along on there merry way, Glacia couldn't help but feel captivated by its sound.

To her mothers relief it kept her occupied, as they traveled to the source. As they moved closer and closer, more of the equine race began to arrive. Upon arrival they could see a massive crowd had formed. But it wasn't bad. Happiness filled the hearts of mother and daughter, and seemed to spill out to the rest of the world. Mother and daughter moved closer, and there was a turtle. A giant turtle. A curious look crossed Glacia's face, and she bolted forward, pushing through the crowd to see what the commotion was. As she approached, she came to a tree. A beautiful pretty tree. This place was the source of the jingling. The small face looked about her, only to find her mother moving towards a painted winged man. She obviously knew him. She also knew that I was safe. My eyes caught sight of Ophelia, and the young child, now restored with her happiness bounded towards her, to say hello, and to stick close to her to observe all that was going on.

"talk talk talk talk "

Notes;; Merry Christmas from Nessie, Sialia, Glacia, and Ira!

I HAD A HEART THEN
but the queen has been overthrown

full image

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

The turtle is almost overwhelmed by how many have come, but he has gifts for them all, and he passes them out happily

Elsa: Hybrid Foal stats
Apollo: Hybrid Foal stats
Rhiannon: Foal stats, magic for one
Cerin: Foal stats, no magic
Sacre: medium item
Roskuld: Foal stats, no magic
Cashmere: medium item
Reginald: large item
Archibald: Foal stats, no magic
Africa: Hybrid Foal stats
Megaera: large item
Drom: ::[earthxlight|the ability to grow green flowers on command. Once these flowers are eaten, they begin to heal the body.]
Cetan: 3 Amulets (your choice!)
Kipling: large item
Fig: large item
Amara: Hybrid Foal stats
Bucephalus: Foal stats, no magic
Aurelia: 3 Amulets (your choice!)
Brise: large item
December: Foal stats, no magic
Kvothe: Dik-Dik Companion
Alysanne: Companion age jump (2 months)
Hotaru: Twin stats, no magic
Cera: medium item
Nasreen: Foal stats, no magic
Thranduil: Twin stats, no magic
Ghost: Foal stats, magic for one
Gull: 3 Amulets (your choice!)
Ryuu: Rough Collie Companion
Rhea: 3 Amulets (your choice!)
Ciceron: Hybrid Foal stats
Gaucho: Hybrid Foal stats
Rhoa: large item
Sheba: Twin stats, no magic
Brisa: large item
Saffron: Twin stats, no magic
Rostislav: large item
Arah: Companion age jump (2 months)
Satanic Silk: Foal stats, no magic
Glacia: Foal stats, no magic

Admin will update records, no need to post to the records thread.

Arvakl Posts: 66
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 (Tallsun) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren

Well, I'd like to say that I'm still pissed as hell. And yeah sort of... maybe.. I dunno it depends on the time of day. Buce can suck it... he got me preggo. Thran and Panz can suck it for making me fun of me. Once I get these bastard kids out of my tummy I'll show them who's boss around here! But.. at the same time... all the hormones swirling through me and into my womb are leaving me feeling sort of... nice and happy and with these strange warm, fuzzy feelings. I don't know how to reconcile these feelings especially when I get these maddening mood swings that leave me peaceful and joyous one minute and rageful and murderous the next.

I've escaped to the island in the sky, trying to hide from the watchful, judgmental eyes that seem to follow me everywhere. It takes extra effort to reach the island, and as I land I find myself huffing and puffing a little bit, nostrils straining to get in more air. I wander, trying to resist the urge to collapse and pass out, with my head drooped and muzzle practically grazing the ground. But festivity is up ahead and I pick up my antlered head, green eyes absorbing all the joy that bounds around in front of me.

It's exhausting to watch, but completely contagious. A smile crosses my usually sarcastic face, and my ears perk forward. There's an ancient looking turtle slowly passing out gifts to those that have gathered. I stand a little ways away from the others, not wanting them to see my bloated belly, full of BABY. I'd rather not share that information with everyone, it's embarrassing and I don't want anyone to treat me differently. The idea of receiving a present for myself doesn't even occur to me.

Tag:

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Arvakl excluding dismemberment and death.

Maitimo Posts: 14
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 4
Minx
Maitimo heard a sound. His ears perked forward and he could feel a shudder ran down his spine. He should run. He shouldn't tempt fate on the chance it was a trap. Yet, he found himself heading toward the sound. A cloud carried him toward the sky island. Terror ran through him and it took everything he had to contain his scream. Soon he would find himself in a clear, grassy area.

Off in the distance he could see a crowd gathering. He noticed a tree and both ears flew forward. Silently he stepped nervously toward the tree and be eyed the strange turtle. Every figure around him was a potential threat. In particular, the turtle stood out to him.

"It's nice..." He whispered. Part of him wanted to reach out and touch the tree, but fear kept him far away. There was no point in putting himself in potential danger. But yet he dared to take a step closer. despite his every fiber warning him to run he came near to the other figures.

Carefully he averted the touch of others and came near the tree. He glanced at each individual, wary of them all. His breaths came in a bit rapid as he silently "sensed" their judgment. They were watching him. They were going to comment on his brashness. Any interest he had and be stepped back and sought to fade into the background.

Maybe a bit of his courage was returning. Mere weeks ago he wouldn't have dared to even take a step so he would give himself the slightest bit of credit.

Pixel by Aud
* Only tag in opening posts please
* Force permitted
* Maitimo is a character that deals with sensitive subject matter and potentially triggering material. 

Ayelet Posts: 51
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: V
Lior :: Melanistic Barn Owl :: Curse dark
have you seen that girl?

She falls astray from the path she had set to her home, turning towards the Veins of the Gods rather than the Edge, which was her intended plan. Her hooves dance lightly over the earth, settling upon familiar stone that she still fears. On this same stone she had settled beside a broken king of white and black, fearing her body would be slammed into the solid rock and shattered into a million fragments, swept away by the winds that howled ferociously and threatened to break her. She had left the king with a sorrowful nod, promising to find his Ophelia. And that is what she had done, and his Ophelia told her his true identity, Mauja. But that name was alien, a foreign word she did not enjoy, and it did not fit well with her broken king, that was not a name suitable for such a man as he. Standing upon the ledge that dips over the tossing, angered waves, her mind wanders from thoughts of her fractured king to the gentle jingling of bells that's carried ever so quietly through the wind. Stepping over the edge, there's a moment she begins to fall when a small cloud catches her, appearing in all its bubbly pink glory, carrying her to the island in the clouds.

Stepping onto solid earth once again, her body falls at ease as she's overwhelmed with the tingling of bells, following it through trees and finding herself before a crowd, expression turning cold as she raises her head to view the gathering of faces all dancing through the crowd. Her eyes befall a familiar two forms, Ophelia, and the broken man she had encountered amid a storm. Her body turns to meet the crowned king, a smile playing out upon her clear features as she takes a few hesitant steps closer, turning herself to admire the tree from where she stood, watching the silver bells tangled within it jingle in the wind and the lights twinkle from within the branches. Her heart feels peculiar, warm, the feeling alien to her for only once before had she felt such a way as this, and that had been many a season ago, when she received and egg from a tree similar to this one, and with that thought playing through her mind, her light bites at the tassels streaming over her withers as a sign of excitement and love.

the one with the fragile laugh and killer smile?

Abraham Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3 hh :: Three years HP: 71 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwyneverre :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath & Brienne :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Frost Breath Time
The darkling prince moved across Helovia, his large head down and eyes determined. He was set on his way to find the creator of the destruction around this magical land. Above him his white woman flew, scouting where his eyes could not reach. They were a fine pair, able to defend themselves from harm and deal out harm to those who deserved it..or did not. Nonetheless, the lethal pair moved across the lands dutifully. This journey of discovery was for them as much as it was for the bond between Abraham and his wombmate, Reginald. In all reality, Abraham would do anything for his brother. They were two bodies but the same soul, split down the middle for together they surely would have been too powerful a being for this land. Together, and separately, they were still immaculate and destructive--but together their strength never failed. Gwyneverre screeched above Abraham's head, having swooped down to glide gently above him. In the distance she had spotted something peculiar, as well as catching many familiar scents. Setting off for the gathering of the masses at a controlled canter, Abraham kept his focus up while his amulets bounced against his thick neck.

Coming to a halt, then moving into a slow walk, Abraham and Gwyneverre moved forward. The draconian woman perched herself on his withers, grasping tendrils of his mane for balance. The pair had a bit of hesitation behind their eyes, for the last time a strange tree had been erected in Helovia nothing but dismay and annoyance followed the encounter. Looking around, however, Abraham found no one with an ill face or demeanor. Except one--one with a constant ill demeanor--and he moved to his brother's side. Touching shoulders with his brute of a twin, Abraham lowered his head some and sniffed at the strange Earth Turtle. Mismatched eyes danced gently when he saw a familiar movement of black, white, and red in the corner of his eye. Father. Blue and green orbs fell to look at Reginald before the darkling twin nodded his chin towards their sire. His gaze was questioning, Should we go to him? However, in the commotion, the young stallion's attention was moved back to the gifting turtle. "It will always be strange."
Abraham
Image Credit || by: sevin!

Holy water cannot help you now
Thousand armies couldn't keep me out
I don't want your money
I don't want your crown
See I've come to burn your kingdom down

pixel by tamme

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali
She was startled to find an island floating above the god's shrines and even more startled when she began to float up to the island on a cloud. A snort escaped and she backed up several steps the stopped short at the thought of falling off of the side of the cloud to her death somewhere on the rocky ground below. Eva was all too eager to move off of the cloud when it finally came to a stop, but as she stepped off of the cloud and onto the island she was shocked at the beauty of it. "What is this?" She asked Tallis. 'Heaven?' The dragon suggested as he circled overhead. "No..."

Evangeline moved slowly, her eyes taking in every aspect of the floating island. She probably would have missed the gathering completely had Tallis not alerted her to it with a chirp and a mental kick in the butt. "What?" She asked aloud, her eyes rising to the sky. 'Horses.' The dragon replied. 'Over there. Lets go!' Evangeline hesitated at first then followed after the dragon and found one of the second most curious things she'd ever seen (second to the island.)

"What is he?" She whispered as the dragon settled onto her back. 'Turtle.' Tallis snorted. "That big?" 'What else would he be?' Curiosity drew Eva closer to the turtle and the growing crowd. She watched the turtle, wondering what was going on and why everyone had gathered together. It was surprising to her that everyone seemed to be getting along when there was so much tension on regular days. What exactly was going on?

evangeline

Morrigan Posts: 93
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hands :: 7 Orangemoons HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Pongo :: Bongo :: None Xyroca
As I wandered throughout the lands, I hummed softly to myself a sweet tune that brought me back to the dance that I shared with Bucephalus. When the thought crossed my mind, my ears pinned back and I shook my head with a wild snort. Since that day in Heavenly Fields, when he caught me practicing how to dance...I had not spoken to him. There was no real reason for him to get under my skin in the way he did, and yet it seemed every chance he got I felt him crawl across my flesh before burying into the proverbial muscle. But that day in particular was by far the worst, causing me to physically lash out at him for the cruel mockery of words he questioned me with. I hoped I grounded that son of a bitch.

So lost was I in my bitter thoughts that I was losing track of where I was going. With this newfound distraction I didn't notice that I had wandered into an area of thick fog. It wasn't until said fog, no...Not fog...What was this? My eyes darted to the ground with terror in them as the ground left my hooves, freezing up as what now looked like a cloud began to move. My long mane and tail flowed behind me as I rose to the heavens, praying to the gods that I would not fall through. As I rose, I looked up to the sky and saw...Ground? Water flowed over the edges of a floating island, a beautiful, miraculous creation. When I rose above the ground the cloud settled my eyes settled on a massive gathering of equines, unicorns and pegasi of various shapes and sizes. Almost instantly my nerves made me choke up, and I almost turned around to go back on the cloud.

But as my eyes settled on familiar faces, including the son of a bitch by the lovely tree girl, and my leading Sultan, my curiosity got the better of me. I stepped forward, dancing around the edge of the crowd to see another mystical and magical being waiting. A small smile played at my lips, scarlet orbs studying the beautiful tree and auds pricking to the sound of the tinkling bells. How wonderful, the magical feeling made me completely forget that Bucephalus was even there...
[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.

Jorogumo Posts: 70
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 2 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Selkie
What the fuck was that sound? Jorogumo had lurked on the sky island searching for clues. She needed to find signs of that power. She needed to show Reginald she was superior servant. Neither his brother nor the other boy would take her place. The spider would ensnare them in her web and slowly suck them dry. There would be nothing left but wrinkled corpses and decaying flesh.

She moved toward the jingling with both ears pressed against her skull. She could see a group gathered around a... Tree? Helovians were never particularly bright she supposed. When she drew near she caught sight of a ... Turtle? It was handing out gifts and her head cocked slightly to the right.

Her eyes drifted toward the tree. Hm.. It was quite lovely despite the pettiness of it all. Jorogumo could feel the edge of her lips turn upward in a smile, but yet she fought to contain it. She glanced back at the turtle and nodded at him slightly.

Maybe there was something she could drag back for Reginald. Silently grab something when one of the gawking idiots weren't looking. Then again, it would put a damper on the festive air. She would at least for the moment behave. The spider also had little desire to forfeit any gift. A queen needed wealth and anything she could get would be of use. Her tongue and wickedness had gotten into more trouble and it was time to suppress her desires. She would stay on the nice list and keep her deviousness to herself... For now

Icon by Bronzehalo

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
With the Edge falling away at my back, I made my way for the first time to the infamous Island. I had heard its name weaved within various conversations but had never sought out its magic myself. I assumed there was a first for everything and thus left my home in search of experience and something new to wet my desires. With Evangeline lingering heavily on my mind, I decided that I would spend my travels focusing on other more selfless needs… such as my daughter. It had been quite some time since I’d seen her and I was still questioning her wellbeing. I prayed to the Gods that she was indeed safe… and happy.

Upon reaching what I thought to be the Island, I was shocked to discover that it was not only hovering above me, but nearly impossible to reach. How was one supposed to reach its lip, cross the threshold and frolic through the grasses growing rampant in the sky? When I stepped forward to inspect what appeared to be an alternate route to the Island’s crest, I was thrown for a curve because the ground seemed to shift beneath me, lifting me into the sky before I could cry for help. As I trembled with a mix of fear and sheer surprise I was hefted up toward the Island… my answer had been given without even asking for it.

When the cloud reached port, I stepped off onto solid ground as if it were a blessing sent by the Gods. I would certainly have to think about visiting again… it was truly a fascinating thing, but a frightening concept nonetheless. I trailed a narrow path the led to a destination unknown, but before I could get very far, I laid eyes on a giant… turtle? What was it doing here? The Island was certainly nothing less than fantastical… But this was something truly uncanny, queer.

Bells hung from his shell, jingling and laughing with an array of different pitches. What was going on here? “Hello…,” I mumbled hesitantly.

Image Credits

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds

Essetia
I told you once, I told you twice
Have you no ears, have you no eyes
If this is love, then what it hate?
Do you understand my fate?

Romul had not enjoyed the ride up to the Island, he had not enjoyed it one bit. But with Essetia muttering softly to him he had somehow learned to deal with the shifting in his stomach as the solid ground dropped away from beneath him. The wolf groaned upon landing and jumped awkwardly from the cloud before turning a studious eye to the thing, part curious and part brooding. He trusted his companion to make good decisions but he did not consider coming to the island to be one of them… After Essetia had wandered off toward the left of the cloud station, Romul remained behind in order to watch the puff of white retreat back toward the Veins of the Gods. He yipped at it once before trailing the mare that couldn’t contain her laughter any longer. Of course, Romul growled lightly at her in response to her mild teasing.

However, when Essetia’s pale eyes turned back around to face the wide expanse of the Island, she stopped in her tracks. Before her, a turtle adorned in golden bells sat beneath a large shade tree. She studied him for a moment before looking down at Romul. The wolf did little to comfort her curiosity and instead locked a golden gaze on the strange creature. Slowly, the pair approached with their heads low in reluctant greeting. The big bay mare wasn’t sure how to receive the shelled beast and instead offered a kind smile as introduction. Whatever this was, she was more than willing to seek answer. What do you think he wants Romul?

The canine only shook his head in reply.

Image Credits

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Confutatis the World Eater Posts: 179
Hidden Account atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 9 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Mongrel :: Common Kitsune :: Dark Illusions wanda

Swollen flesh is sucked into complacency and explorations by the reek of swarming flesh, ants crawling towards an endpoint reachable only with determination and resolution. Black lips peel back into a disapproving smile, shallow unhappiness gleaming in amber eyes, sickened by the displays of cheer and merriness; why could they not wallow in their misery? Did they not see life as it was -- as bleak and merciless and unfortunate, decaying through the very heart? Yet they jingle, they cluster, their bodies a pressing mass of sickly flesh and mortal chains.

Fools.
Forward she stalks, lupine gaze affixed sternly upon the center of the gathering, to the peculiar sight there. Mongrel slithers at her heels, weaving beneath her striking legs, keeping an eye out for those whom might interrupt their unwavering charge forth; but they are mostly unhindered. Any whom might come too close she prods back with a probing touch of her necromancy, a little blossom of decay and rot upon their filthy hides. What is it? Questions budding in her shadowed skull, wavering curiosity and uncertainty as she is presented with something garlanded in silver bells.

Turtle.
Prey.

Her mongrel itches, irritated by the chains she keeps tight around him; eager to devour, to split the turtle's skull and yank free the body from it's ancient shell. What a treat it would be! But she, the wolf, the World Eater, is a good deal more wary; she does not trust that there would be no punishment for such an act.

In any case, she is greedy -- and she wants to know what she, too, might get from this gathering.

Join the Regime.

Vadim Posts: 106
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Vlasi :: Common Rougarou :: Water ali

Master, Master, where's the dreams that I've been after?

'Fly!' Vlasi barks as she and Vadim ride on the cloud back up to the island. 'Va'im fly! Fly! Fly!' The pup is excited once more for her bonded to feel what its like to fly. The cloud stops and the stallion and the pup step onto the solid ground and the pup bounds ahead, barking loudly and rapidly. Her excitement bewilders Vadim because he does not consider standing on a cloud and floating up to an island flying. He is careful not to let Vlasi pick up on his doubt because he does not want to ruin the pup's excitement.

'Fly!' Vlasi barks as she and Vadim ride on the cloud back up to the island. 'Va'im fly! Fly! Fly!' The pup is excited once more for her bonded to feel what its like to fly. The cloud stops and the stallion and the pup step onto the solid ground and the pup bounds ahead, barking loudly and rapidly. Her excitement bewilders Vadim because he does not consider standing on a cloud and floating up to an island flying. He is careful not to let Vlasi pick up on his doubt because he does not want to ruin the pup's excitement.

'Run!' she barks next. 'Run, Va'im! Run!' Vadim relents and begins to move toward the pup. She crouches down and barks before whirling around and bounding forward. Vadim trots behind her, allowing the pup to lead whatever race she had set up in her mind. He continues to trail behind her as she changes direction first one way and then another. The pair only stop when they come across a large gathering of horses. Vadim nearly trips over Vlasi as she stops and he can feel her confusion as he stares at the equines, pegasi, and unicorns. 'What this?' The pup asked, all three pairs of her eyes lifting to look at her pale bonded.

"I don't know." Vadim answers Vlasi and he begins to move closer, his shoulders brushing against random individuals. He stops when he sees the large turtle at the middle of the gathering. "Its a turtle." He says to Vlasi, who barks in return. 'I was turtle once.'

"."

bg - table - manip

Icon by Tay

Einarr Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 hh :: 8 years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Time
Einarr
Tonight I'll sign my blood on the leather and bleed together to find our own separate ways

The lone warrior had explored his new herdland well, and was on to exploring the whole of his new realm. It was vastly different than the sea of reddenned dust and hard earth where he had been raised. In the distance, joyous mountains rose, spanning far and wide until they reached snow covered lands. The inky stallion had little desire to travel in the snow, so he followed the warm currents until he found himself face-to-face with a massive, floating island. Sweet smells wafted from the island, and he could see clouds lifting wingless beings onto the surface. Curiously. Einarr moved in massive, circling sweeps, watching the sky island for several minutes. It pulled him in, called to some inner force that drove his impressively large wings, until finally his cloven hooves touched the gentle, emerald grasses of the island. Ears flickered around as he watched the masses converge, their attention all pulled to one similar spot on the island. Snorting, the beast took to a brisk walk, nearly fading in to a trot, and approached with the group. He kept his wings lax at his side, bones, muscles and feathers ready to pull him into the sky at any moment for aerial combat or, in the most dire of circumstances, the need to flee.

Russet eyes scanned those around him. The scent of the Dragon's Throat wafted into his nose, as well as the familiar Hidden Falls, known from the nameless stallion that had greeted him in his arrival, but in the mass chaos, he did not pinpoint any familiar creatures. His body was tense as he approached the being that the others were huddled near, on alert and ready to react. The proximity of the mass of horses was making him truly nervous--not for his safety--but for what was happening on this mystical island. He was wary of such magic, though he respected it, and he was lured in as his reddish brown eyes watched gifts being handed out. His brows lifted in slight wonder, and his cloven hooves brought him close to the turtle. He dipped his odd-marked face, a sign of respect, wondering if the creature would deem him worthy of a gift.

Image Credits

if you bury me, i'll bury you
pixel by sourful

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Baby, it's cold outside.

The jingling was what caught his attention, and the shiny nature of the turtle's bells what snatched up Irelyn's scope of focus. So it was that the owl-griffin descended from the sky to see what decorated this strange tree, and the Bloodskald methodically made his way to catch up and discover why these bells were jingling - and perhaps who put them there. The general found a throng of others with what looked like new gifts.

Strange, to have a festival halfway through springtime...but then again, what did he know? His celebrations differed from this land's, it seemed. Curious, Torleik threaded his way through the gathering of others, eyes seeking out any he might know but not finding the one he truly sought; she had already come and gone, most likely. If she'd been here at all. Coming out near the tree, a strange, tight gripping sensation caught hold of his chest as glacial eyes alighted on the Earth Turtle.

This creature (if it was the selfsame turtle as Torleik felt it was) had gifted him with the greatest blessing: Irelyn. He was immensely grateful, and smiled warmly at the groundwalker. "You have an exceptional and selfless spirit, earthwalker," he rumbled. "To bless others so freely is...well, a gift of itself." Glancing up, the stallion chuckled upon seeing Irelyn had snatched up a bell and was gleefully playing with it now. "I fear my companion finds her greatest pleasure in one of those bells, and I am wont to believe you've likely forever parted with a shiny, jingley toy."

The Bloodskald held no real expectation of any other gift; this was a rather pleasant surprise and Irelyn was happy with her discovery.

"Talking"

Torleik the Bloodskald
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Solanine Posts: 15
Aurora Basin Phantom atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 HH :: 5 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Solanine
The Phantom had come to journey from the Basin quite a bit lately and found no deterrent in travelling to the mysterious Island everyone spoke of. She wasn’t sure what she would encounter or what waited just beyond the white walls she called home, but hope and pride compelled her to answer to her own greed. Knowledge was an abundant thing and Solanine considered herself to be a creature of knowledge as long as she was able to obtain that knowledge through various means. The Island appeared, to her, to be a keeper of said knowledge and so she sought to reveal its secrets in her own, devious way. Upon reaching the port upon which she was to ascend to its lip, the mare stepped lightly onto the white down before lunging fully onto its nearly transparent surface.

She shuddered when it began to ascend the Island but her careful, black eyes did not falter from their fixation. Once she crested the landing, she jumped from the cloud to luscious green grass before peering down from where she’d come. Solanine had certainly never seen anything like it, but was curious nonetheless. Upon turning from the station, she paused on the strangest sight she’d yet seen in Helovia. Beneath a large, shaded tree sat a giant turtle with bells hanging happily from his rounded shell. The Phantom approached boldly before dipping her head slightly to greet him at eye level. “Well hello mysterious creature… how did you manage to find yourself here?” she smiled darkly. Whatever the beast was here for was surely something beneficial… if only she could finagle her way into his good graces.
Coding by Tamme

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

She needed out. She needed to get away. She needed some kind of peace. And here it was. The sound of bells. The gentle clinging that offered sweet rings across the clouds. Resplendence had not found comfort rising onto this island, but she had found comfort in the swaying of the trees as she moved her way across it, away from the tents of the Edge and towards the center of the island. It was perfection, really, how calm it was as she moved.

At least, it was perfect and calm until she realized she wasn't alone. The grass seemed to fade away, hooves resting upon sand as she inched in closer to the mass, trying to figure out what was drawing them to this single tree. So many scents, so many souls. It seemed as though everyone was at peace here. Maybe she could allow herself to do the same.

So Valiance comes back in from the clouds and rests upon her poll, a few names and words rolling across their mind link. "Kahlua. Basin. Falls. Throat. Apollo. Fig. Aly. Brisa. The Seer. Evangeline." It was as if they were all here. But, she doubted Kahlua, Aly, Eva, or the Seer would want to see her. It seemed as though they had all (for the most part) cast her aside. So, trying to bring herself to gain the strength to push through the crowd of people she wove her way through until she reached the protective side of the tree-mare. "It is gorgeous, is it not…" she whispered to Fig, trying her best to hide from most of the rest of the world.

She had done everything wrong, or so it seemed, and she was only beginning to learn how to piece herself back together…

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
I'm dead in the water, still looking for ya'

This island was weird. Why did it have the same walls around it as the Threshold. Why did the vibrations bother me so up here? Why did I even care? I still wasn't quite sure how I got up here in the first place, regardless of the explanation I had received from Midas. But, I had decided to take it upon myself to start to explore a little more.

So, positioning myself away from the walls that were near me I headed toward what I assumed was the center of this island. Stretching forward, I finally allowed my healed bodice to feel the wind against my coat, and as I felt the grass shift to sand I began to slow down. That wasn't the only thing that was different, though. For the once open and quiet area had turned into one bustling with activity. So many had gathered here - pegasi, unicorns, and equines alike seemed to all be centered around… what was that? A tree? I didn't know, but a few forms felt familiar. So, I quickly wove my way through the crowd of people until I was near Cera. No words, just a gentle tip of my maw in his direction. He wouldn't know that I got hurt - I wouldn't put that pain on him. But, maybe he would be happy to know I still wore the crown which he had crafted for me.

Now, if only I could figure out exactly what was happening here in the middle of this weird, floating island.

Image Creds | Coding by Schwartze

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri

I spotted the island floating above the shrines when I had patrolled with Rhoa last season. It had made me curious, but I didn't think it would be wise to go up there with someone so young. I hadn't know what was up here or what we would find, if there would be some tribe of horse eaters up here. So I had chosen to come back on my own and now I think I had been overly cautious in my concerns. It seems quite peaceful and I think that maybe one day I can bring you up here, Ryuu. The trip might take a few days because of your hooves, but I think that you'll enjoy it here. It seems safe and I wonder if, maybe, its safer than the land below with all of the recent murders.

Tinkling bells draw my attention and I walk toward them, surprised when I find a large group including you. I had thought that I had left you tucked safely away in the Throat with Cera, but obviously I was wrong. "Ryuu."I murmur softly as I touch my muzzle to your ears then look back up to the being at the center of the gathering. One who seemed to be giving gifts away from the goodness of his own heart. There are not many as selfless and I am impressed.

"Hello." I say, a smile curling my mouth upward. "Why are you giving away so many gifts?" I found it strangely refreshing that at such a dark time in Helovia, with the murders and all, that someone would be spreading so much kindness and joy.

"."

Image Credit

aud pixel!