the Rift

[JUDGED] It's Like Chasing Lightning

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

”Kaj. Train.” Valiance almost demanded. It seemed that as of late he had become far more persistent with the idea of Resplendence learning how to protect herself. She knew she needed to, that much was clear in her mind. After all, she was able to vividly recall the invasion and the wooden, make-shift dagger she had carried around for weeks – no, months – afterward. Still, he did not stop. His claws clinging to her locks and attempting to drag her forward, toward the center of the island. Really, the only achievement he had was in being a pest, but it worked and Resplendence finally gave into the pestering. ”Fine! I’ll learn, Valiance! I’ll go find Kaj.” she grumbled as Valiance swooped down, swishing her in the face with the length of his feathered tail. So, with a SNAP! of her teeth toward her nagging companion, she moved off toward the sands of the arena.

Alas, it was beyond windy today, and her long tresses were beginning to whip around, swirling around her frame in a manner which could only hinder her movements. The way it stung against her flesh made her wince. She was already feeling weak in comparison to who she was going to have to face. ”Val, can you braid my hair?” she inquired through the bond, and within seconds Valiance was at her side, pulling at thick sections of her mane and braiding it tightly in a french braid down her crest so that it would not have a chance to get in her way. Then, once her mane was complete he moved to her tail, knotting it up so that it barely grazed across the ground, keeping it from snagging on any object and knocking her off of balance. ”Thank you,” she whispered to her companion before stepping into the sand covered ring.

Her eyes lifted upward, gold searching for his as he stood in the arena. His frame was large, powerful, and most definitely frightening. Oh, why did she do this to herself? Why did Valiance insist that she learn now? She knew that Valiance only wanted her to be able to defend herself and that he thought Kaj was a good person to begin with. He was like family to his bonded, so wouldn’t that mean he wouldn’t try to hurt her as badly? Wouldn’t that meant he would try and teach her while they sparred? However, Res didn’t seem to think the same thing as Valiance did. She may consider him a brother, but she was almost certain that he was very close to disowning her. After all, something had to have changed since they last had a chance to really talk. He and Kahlua had stripped her of her position as Moon Doctor and had yet to explain it to her spinning mind. Maybe he saw this as a chance to get rid of her, to push her away because he thought she was useless.

”Not useless” Valiance hissed, and it is with those words that Resplendence allowed all of her limbs to take their place in the arena, clearly facing the giant stag with her limbs trembling ever so slightly. ”I-I’m here…” she said, just loud enough to be heard over the turbulent winds that caused her eyes to sting and coat to be pressed against her skin. Valiance was the next to take his place, sitting atop her withers with his headdress feathers raised, wings fluffed, and tail swishing back and forth.

Valiance appeared to be ready, but Resplendence definitely wasn’t. She was already certain she appeared to be useless, for that had to be the reason her position was stripped from her. So, trying to steel herself for whatever was going to happen, she prayed that this would give her a chance to be useful again…

[636/800] && [0/3]

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
It's Like Chasing Lightning - by Kaj - 12-25-2014, 10:59 PM
RE: It's Like Chasing Lightning - by Resplendence - 12-26-2014, 09:04 PM
RE: It's Like Chasing Lightning - by Kaj - 01-02-2015, 07:48 PM
RE: It's Like Chasing Lightning - by Resplendence - 01-04-2015, 01:32 AM
RE: It's Like Chasing Lightning - by Kaj - 01-12-2015, 11:12 PM
RE: It's Like Chasing Lightning - by Resplendence - 01-13-2015, 11:15 PM