Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

{the stormbringer}
every day I'm cast away, a vagabond
battle born
</style>

Time slips by like an indolent clock, sluggish and hazed around him. Waiting had never been his strongest attribute, but it was relatively sturdy where it was built within the foundations of his personality. In time she came, skulking and reluctant as he had anticipated. The length of hours since they’d last interacted were too numerous to do anything but cause him to wince. To be fair, he had not intended to abandon her, believing her safe with his brother Quilyan. Only, Quilyan had disappeared as effectively as all the others Kaj had failed to save. The fear in her eyes was nearly the same as when he’d first discovered her, huddled and shivering beneath the borealis, completely alone. It was a far harsher spear to his heart than anything she could deem to land upon him during their spar. Weary as it was, his heart simply could not take the extra weight of failure, and his eyes blurred until his pupil was no longer in focus. Her words were just as distant, ringing dully in his ears. “There is no reason to fear me, Resplendence. I had hoped you would know that.” His voice is defeated, nothing like the royal lilt he often took on when outside the borders. Kaj is merely so weary. Eternally found wanting by the people he loved so dearly.

“Feel free not to pull your blows, aardbei. I shall. Tutoring is not simplistic when you’re actually fighting, but I will attempt.” Kaj desired the punishment of her hits, the reminder that he had failed her. Was he even a fitting teacher? Regardless, they both needed the experience. Focusing upon her form, he let his muscles warm by shifting uneasily in his stance, the pump of adrenaline starting in his veins. The prospect of battle was as effective a warmer as the sun, sometimes. “Brace, Resplendence. Think clear. I will begin now.” As his words faded he gave mere moments for it to register, and he lunged forth, trying to appear as small as possible for her sake. Not an effective thing in battle overall, but for the quiet mare akin to real family, he would do all he could to make the experience better for her. “Keep moving!” he shouted to her as his long legs ate up the ground towards her. Something his own mentor had told him in ages past, striking yet another pang of sadness into his heart. Yet, Maskan had also told him to never let his head cloud during battle, and he cast the thoughts away with a mental jolt of his shoulder.

Sand clung to his hooves, slowing his pace and forcing his legs to work harder. He had been in the middle of the arena, where the sand was thicker and deeper. Hopefully Resplendence would take advantage of her mild high ground, the firmer earth beneath her hooves. For once, Kaj desperately wanted to throw a fight; particularly, this fight.

With a glance towards Valiance, he found himself wishing for a companion of his own, one capable of braiding his own hair. It whipped against his neck, distorting his vision of the pale girl before him and stinging enough to force him into the mindset of battle. Surrounded by such familiar things, it was hard not to envision her as Bronze. Harder still not to feel the flare of anger and bloodlust that had accompanied his fight with the marked stallion.

Growing hopefully closer to Resplendence he aimed for her left shoulder with his own, tucking his wings tight to his sides in case the bashing was successful. Pulling his punches was difficult, even in a regular spar. She was far smaller than he, with far less experience. Even with her clearer vision, Kaj feared she would not take effective advantage of him. Kaj managed to restrain himself, throwing his larger body to the left and towards Resplendence’s left shoulder with only half his potential power. Sand sprayed up against his legs as he intentionally thrust his shoulder out at her, head ducked low and feathers tight. His vision was simultaneously concealed in a whirlwind of pale tresses, until Kaj was unsure whether he’d be able to see his hit possibly land or not.

As much as he wanted to hurt her, to get revenge for how much she had hurt him, it simply wasn’t possible. Resplendence wasn’t Bronze. Kaj had to remember that.

{737/800} && {1/4}

@[Resplendence]

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
It's Like Chasing Lightning - by Kaj - 12-25-2014, 10:59 PM
RE: It's Like Chasing Lightning - by Resplendence - 12-26-2014, 09:04 PM
RE: It's Like Chasing Lightning - by Kaj - 01-02-2015, 07:48 PM
RE: It's Like Chasing Lightning - by Resplendence - 01-04-2015, 01:32 AM
RE: It's Like Chasing Lightning - by Kaj - 01-12-2015, 11:12 PM
RE: It's Like Chasing Lightning - by Resplendence - 01-13-2015, 11:15 PM
RE: It's Like Chasing Lightning - by Kaj - 01-22-2015, 11:45 PM
RE: It's Like Chasing Lightning - by Resplendence - 01-24-2015, 11:14 PM
RE: It's Like Chasing Lightning - by Kaj - 01-25-2015, 02:59 AM
RE: It's Like Chasing Lightning - by Official - 02-07-2015, 10:02 AM