the Rift

[JUDGED] It's Like Chasing Lightning

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

His words stung. There was nothing to give her a reason to fear him, true, but there were plenty of reasons to fear an injury that she would be unable to heal. Valiance offered a small coo of support to the broken mare as she allowed the words to spill from her lips. ”I don’t fear you, Kaj. I fear one of you breaking and me not being able to help because I’m useless, she explained as she tried to steady herself in place. The fact that he still thought, after all this time, that she would be so afraid of him – it was like a punch to the gut. He said not to worry about pulling her blows (whatever that meant), that he would instead. She could only assume that he meant he would worry about not actually hitting her as hard. She supposed she didn’t really care, though. Even if he didn’t try to keep her safe, she deserved to be as broken as she felt.

”You got me through the invasion, it was you that helped me in that fight. I don’t doubt you’ll do it again.” she said, doing her best to try and make Kaj feel better about this entire thing. ”Besides, Kaj. I deserve the pain. I deserve it if I’m really this useless to all of you.” It hurt her soul, and it froze her on the inside. It had made her immobile for so long that she needed to be forced to come back to the real world. She needed to be forced to live, or she wouldn’t be willing to fight any longer. She needed the pain, and the actual process of fighting to make herself move and get back up. She needed something other than Valiance in her ear to pull her out of this entire mess.

So, as Kaj shifted in place Valiance spoke, ”Not useless. Res be fixed.” Yea. If only she actually believed that. She shuffled her limbs, head dropping a little as she attempted to find a way to keep the wind out of her eyes. Brace herself? Brace herself for what? ”Coming!” Valiance alerted Resplendence, lurching off of her back and into the air so she didn’t have to be concerned about knocking him to the ground and accidentally trampling her companion (not that he’d ever let that happen). However, it was only Kaj’s command to keep moving that forced her to unlock her limbs and allow her frame to move. It was like an electric shock to her brain, how the sudden movement reminded her so much of the attempts to avoid attacks during the invasion.

She moved, her limbs kicking up the sand as they fought for the perfect grip in the somewhat firmer earth (at least compared to the billows of sand that came from Kaj’s hooves). It was a slow movement at first because her mind was spinning wondering why she had started this. She wasn’t sure she was meant for this. She shouldn’t have done this. She shouldn’t have said she needed to learn. Why would she have fought anyways? She would have run away. She wouldn’t have fought unless she wanted to die.

”Not die. Live.” Valiance nearly screams at her as the hooves pound in closer and closer. Kaj's large frame ate up the ground as if it were starving, not offering much time for her to truly think about the matter at hand. Her body careened to the right as golden eyes took in his tucked wings. ”Not die. FIGHT!” Valiance continued to scream, insistent that she find the will to care about herself – to stop thinking that she deserved to be beaten, bruised, battered, and buried in the ground.

Kaj’s head was low as she turned her haunches toward him, feeling his weight crash into the left side of her barrel as she turns. Res gasps for air as she kicks out with both of her hind legs, hoping that they would make contact with his left side with her feeble footing. Then, unable to keep herself balanced on her forelimbs, she was forced to land once more. Her body lurching forward uncertainly as almost trips, stumbling forward a few steps and just barely keeping her balance. It is at the same time that all four hooves land that Valiance swoops back to try and circle around Kaj’s face – an attempt to distract him from going toward Res as she attempted to recover. ”You be strong,” Valiance reminded Res as she winced, having twisted her hoof a tad – not enough to sprain or break, just enough to feel the spark of pain. Enough, at least, to force Res to think.

Now, finally ready for pain, she turned to face Kaj – only adrenaline keeping her moving.

[800/800] && [1/3]

*Note, this is only a three-attack spar. Brit had a typo - just wanted to clarify for when people rolled and were like "uhhhhh" XD
and urmagawd. Depressed Res ;-; @[Kaj]

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
It's Like Chasing Lightning - by Kaj - 12-25-2014, 10:59 PM
RE: It's Like Chasing Lightning - by Resplendence - 12-26-2014, 09:04 PM
RE: It's Like Chasing Lightning - by Kaj - 01-02-2015, 07:48 PM
RE: It's Like Chasing Lightning - by Resplendence - 01-04-2015, 01:32 AM
RE: It's Like Chasing Lightning - by Kaj - 01-12-2015, 11:12 PM
RE: It's Like Chasing Lightning - by Resplendence - 01-13-2015, 11:15 PM