[OPEN] a dead man's touch

Leliel Posts: 55
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 9
ali

LELIEL</style>
 Art by Blu
 Code by Boom Boom</style>

Winter has certainly not been kind to you. The lack of adequate food has lead to you losing weight and taking on an almost skeletal appearance. Your blue-black coat is shaggy with bits of your winter coat still clinging to you despite it being Birdsong. You think that you are only malnourished, but your appearance makes you look years older than you are. Your ribs are visible, your hip bones jut out awkwardly. You don't even hold your wings against your side like you used to. Instead they're hanging low, dark feathers dragging in the sand. To be honest you look like you're on death's doorstep. In fact, if I gave you a nudge you'd probably cross over it willingly.

You wonder where it all went wrong. One minute you're beside Muriel, resting comfortably after being stuffed into a cave for what felt like an eternity, then you're on your own because you're stupid. Stupid and blind. You never should have left because you were thirsty. You should have stayed where you were until Muriel woke up, then you could have told her and she could have led your blind ass to water. But you're stubborn and you're prideful. Where did it get you? Lost. Alone. Next time you see find her, if you do, you better cling to her like a foal clings to its mother. You cannot take another winter like this one.

You're still walking, dragging your hooves through the sand, ears twitching at the constant sound of the ocean waves. The ocean water splashes against your legs and you stop, head turned in the direction of the glittering blue water that you can't see. You wonder if she even looked for you or if she was happy to be rid of you because you're nothing but a burden now. Sure, she said she loved you before but how could she really love you when you couldn't even take care of yourself? She's better off without you. Perhaps you should just walk into the ocean and let it swallow you up so you disappear forever. It sounds like a good idea doesn't it? Is that why you're turning your body that way and wading into the water?

ooc://

Gonna try out some new writing styles for him :D

"."

NIGHT FALLS AND I'M ALONE.</style>

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Agrona | Carnage

Rounded hooves land on sand for the first time since I ate that insane drug that the Town Moron carries around with him at all times. My head spins at the thought of it, the thought of how quickly it coursed through my system; someone may as well have shot it straight into my veins and giggled while doing so. My nostrils pinch at the idea of them, babbling and being confusing while I wanted to melt into the sand as it quivered under my folded legs. I remember being hot and sweaty. Ugh, how disgusting.

I'd much rather have my wits about me, thank you.

How does he live like that? I don't consider that living, now that I think about it. Coping..? How does he cope with the world like that?

My tail flicks in the briny air, making a soft ticking noise as strands of thin hair slap my hip. Finally I saunter toward the waters that crash onto the shore just on the other side of the dunes, following a thin trail nearly hidden by coarse beach grasses and sun-bleached logs that had washed up decades ago. Occasionally I drop my head to snag a small mouthful of the sand coated vegetation and am immediately displeased with the overbearing amount of salt, but for some reason continue to chew the rubbery plant.

Deep violet eyes catch the first glimpse of rolling waters, both ears tipped forward just as the wind catches my hair and twirls it around; I probably look pretty fucking regal right now, if the sun isn't in the viewer's way. I draw in a deep breath and gaze out to the crystal waves, lips curling at the corners. An adventure is always nice; maybe I just need to leave home for a while. There has to be something better than all of that bullshit. For a split second, my heart throbs at the fresh (in my mind) news that Seele has crossed over from our world to another.

A dark shape disturbs my thoughts as it creeps into the corner of my right eye, moving slowly into the waters below. Dark lids narrow into slits and my gauged ear snaps backward, laced snout pulling to the side to view the stranger better at the same time. The strange colored body is to small for it's unusual height, but what especially sparks my interest is the extra set of wings tied to the man's spine. The glare stays painted on my tribal painted face, but I can't help but want to charge at this creature... the pointy edges of his body remind me of those revolting wraiths. The thought of the living dead makes my throat tighten and heart skip a beat for a moment. Surely they're all gone, right? They can't live in the sun, and couldn't have survived the winter!

Right?

Worry wells in my thinly sculpted chest, hiding behind every feeling that makes me who I am: anger, loathing, and the smallest dash of self-righteousness.. just the slightest. "Hey!" My raspy voice shouts down to the body in the surf, both ears now flipped back on creamy hair. The wind seems to die up here on my warm sand dune, leaving the air still and to warm for my liking. Part of me wants to wait for the stranger to turn, to face me and reveal a dead eye hanging from the socket and flesh falling from his face, but my lack of patience overrules and before I can even think about a second or third choice, I am sliding down the steep sand hill.

The earth evens out and I can feel that the air is cooler down here than even on top of the natural barrier. Wild eyes open wide again, watching the man with four wings while I move toward him carefully, feet touching the sand with quick steps as I prepare to turn and run from the horrible nightmare.

Walking "Talking" Thinking
Let me know if you don't want any tags, <3
@[Leliel]

Credits: code by Tamme | Image by Sarah | Stock Credits in the Link

Let me tell you something baby
You love me for everything you hate me for
[Image: 542f83afbdf08]
  • Please tag me in every post!

Hidden Account
ali

LELIEL</style>
 Art by Blu

You hear a feminine voice and for a moment your heart skips a beat, you become hopeful that she found you. So you stop and listen for her to say something else because you cannot be sure by one Hey! that it is Muriel that's found you. The waves crash against your chest and you stagger backwards, unable to hold your pitiful body upright against the force of the ocean. So, blindly, you turn in the direction you came, your scarred face lifted toward the sun and as the ocean laps at your hocks your nostrils flare and you suck in deep breath. Disappointment is hot and heavy and it sticks in your lungs like molasses and threatens to choke you because it is not Muriel that has found you, but a complete stranger.

Hearing is a sense that you rely on heavily since you lost your eyes to them, but you chose to go the ocean of all places. You can't hear anything over the waves and its a miracle that you managed to smell her over the pungent odor of brine and ... is that dead fish? You snort and turn your head blindly to the left, your scarred eyelids falling over your milky eyes for a moment before they rise and you're left staring into nothingness. "...Hello?" Your voice is weak, defeated, and you don't even have the strength or the care to frown. You really have fallen far and proven everyone from your home right. You really are worthless.

"Where are you?" You ask because you can't hear her, you can barely smell her. For all you know she took one look at your scarred face and scrawny body, chalked you up as a lost cause, and walked away. That idea strikes you and it makes you sad. You don't know why, you can't explain it but you feel as if the weight of the entire world is on your back, grinding you into the sand. "Where's Muriel?" You choke out your question because you hope that the mare is still there and knows her, that she can take you to her. You better not get your hopes up too much.

@[Agrona]
i don't mind if you tag me :3
"."

Adoptable
Agrona | Carnage

The man's face is not collapsing in, nor is the flesh slipping off of white bone. No, it's not rotting and disturbing, but the eyes that still roll around in their sockets.. they are. The milky white color stares back at me, past me, and my skin crawls beneath my dark coat; all I can see as I stare at those god forsaken eyes is the lifeless body that slipped from my guts so many years ago. A cold, gooey lump forms in my throat and refuses to go away no matter how hard I swallow. "..Hello?" he finally pushes a word from his body and I stop in my tracks, no longer fearful of the stranger who I know is living... barely. Dark eyelids close over the galactic spirals of white, revealing something that I had not yet caught after being so distracted by his dead eyes; a thick scar crosses over his entire face, starting from one eye and slicing to the other.

I clamp my jaws tight, ears twisting forward as if I was waiting for the sound of his ragged breathing to reach me. Once more I swallow hard, wanting to clear my throat, but unable to find the nerve to. I stand frozen, tail arched uncomfortably while I stare at the man with four wings. "Where are you?.. Where's Muriel?" Muriel? My bottom lips hangs for a second before I can find any words; my mind is so stuck on the painting of the dead foal that I cannot focus. "I don't know a Muriel." Finally I am able to at least give this stranger what information has successfully penetrated my thoughts. Brows furrow and my right ear twitches, the metal making a soft clink as it bounces off of it's nearby rough antler.

Cold water rolls up the shore, scooping around all four hooves as I watch the man in the ocean. Where I stand now he's not very far from reach; if I wanted to wade out and come just a little closer, it would only take a few strides to the right and a hop into the deeper water to stand along side his jagged body. The sand begins to suck my feet down, but I do not struggle against the movement. "What happened to you?" My voice finally breaks past the disgusting ball in my throat, raspy and cold. Violet eyes eat away at his body, teeth gritting together between strong jaws as I quickly begin to understand just how disheveled this man is.

Again I remember my last visit to this same beach, but this time I can only imagine what I looked like to others' eyes. I too was bony and starving, and lost. There was a mare who found me collapsed on my side that had taken pity on me and fed me water.. her name and face are lost in thoughtless memories, but the sympathy she had for me was something I wouldn't soon forget. Stained teeth click together in my head. "Let me help you." The words burn in my mouth; I have the slightest idea of how to actually help this dark man.

@[Leliel]

Hidden Account
ali

LELIEL</style>
 Art by Blu

Precious seconds tick by as you wait for the stranger to speak, answer your questions, tell you exactly what you want to hear. The longer she stays quiet the more you begin to suspect that you're alone and the more you begin to pray that you are not. Disappointment carves itself deeply into the gaunt features of your face and you snort, your sides heaving with the effort. You want to be angry that she's not answering you but what good would your anger do? If she's still there and you act stupidly she'll probably leave and damn you to death right there on the beach.

When she speaks, says she doesn't know Muriel, you think it would have been kinder for her to plunge a dagger into your heart and twist it. I told you not to get your hopes up, but you're stubborn as always. "But ... I need to find her." You protest. "I need her." You say it with conviction, as if your conviction alone would make her suddenly remember the pink and gold mare with four wings. You blink, stare in the direction her voice came from and when she asks what happened to you you frown. You turn your head away ashamed that you managed to get yourself into the situation that you're in. Again, you think to yourself that you shouldn't have wandered away from Muriel. You think that you're nothing but a blind fool and you hate yourself because of it.

"Why?" You ask when she offers to help you. You don't think that she can, not when she doesn't know Muriel. "Who are you?" Your head swivels toward her again, your ears tilting forward as you listen for her voice, for her breathing, the sound of her steps. You stretch your thin neck in her vicinity and you sniff but the only thing you can get is the faint scent of grass over the briny smell of the ocean.

@[Agrona]
"."

Adoptable
Agrona | Carnage

"But.. I need to find her. I need her." My ears both lay back as my brain processes would could be: is Muriel this man's lover? Suddenly jealousy bites me in the heart and I am once more unrightly upset. I have never had anyone to care for and love me, no one to go to for help or friendship. I don't know love, from a friend.. from a man; I only know how to live a lonely life in a room full of life. Tight jaws loosen enough for air to slip between rough lips in a sigh. "I don't know what to tell you." And, frankly, I don't. Do I tell him that he's acting like a lost puppy, or do I go looking for this woman who's face I don't even know?

Again I catch a glimpse of those dead eyes and have to clear my throat before I choke on another ball of emotion. He's staring past me again, his ears cupped forward; it's like he's listening for my movement. He's blind. Finally, it dawned on me, and I almost outwardly laugh at how stupid I must be to not have noticed. That being said, I keep the cackle bottled in easily, because his milky eyes remind me again of the child I had once dropped on this Earth. Finally I am able to offer the stranger help, and even though the words are sour on my tongue, I refuse to drop my word and run away.

"Why?.. Who are you?" Now my lips pull up at their edges; I could lie, for all he knows I could be the fucking Moon Goddess. My left ear swivels forward as I begin to spin a web of lies in my mind, but the words all come crashing down when I realize that this could all crash down on me and bury me in a pile of sharp rubble. Fuck, I suppose I should just be honest. "Because I've been in your position before." The words make my lips fall into a slack line, but the emotions don't dare to touch my eyes that he cannot see. "My name is Agrona." As I speak he reaches out with a black nose, nostrils flaring; the position makes me sneer and lay my ears back for a reason that I can't really place.

"I'll try to help you find this Muriel -" I offer, wide eyes sinking to watch the water as it laps at my feet, over and over. Still the sand sinks below me, now making me uncomfortable enough to pull my legs free. I stammer a little deeper into the ocean, the water still only covering my rounded hooves when it rolls up the sand.

@[Leliel]

Hidden Account
ali

LELIEL</style>
 Art by Blu

You are frustrated when she speaks again and tells you that she doesn't know what to tell you. You want to shout at her to tell you that she'll find Muriel, that she'll bring you to her. Your thin chest inflates as you suck in a breath, preparing yourself to begin your tirade, but as soon as your lungs are filled they deflate and you cough. The force of the cough makes your entire body shake and you grimace because you know that it only enhances your pitiful appearance. You wonder what the elders from your home would think if they say you now and you assume that they would be happy. You think they would nudge you over the precipice of your lonely mountain, send you plunging through the clouds, your screams falling on deaf ears. Your weak wings would not be able to sustain flight and you would be smashed into the rocks below your mountain. Obliterated into nothing and no one would miss you. No one but Muriel.

When she answers your question you remain silent because you know she's taken pity on you. Deep down somewhere inside you the old Leliel, the one that isn't broken rears his head and you're even more disgusted with yourself. When did you sink so low that others took pity on you? When did you sink low enough to accept that pity without thinking twice? She says her name and you withdraw your muzzle, your ears falling back as you try to remember if you've heard the name before. It is not familiar but you've never had the best memory of names or faces, not that you can see them anymore.

"I'll try to help you find this Muriel."

Your ears snap forward and your face is turned in her direction, blind eyes open wide as you stare. You can hardly believe your ears and you can't believe that you feel so much relief that she's agreed to try to help you. "You will?" You ask but then you think maybe you shouldn't have because she might reconsider. "Thank you..." The words are foreign on your lips and taste bitter on your tongue because no one has ever done anything for you like this. If she really does help you find Muriel you don't think thank you will be enough.

@[Agrona]
"."

Adoptable
Agrona | Carnage

A hard cough shakes the quad-winged man, his malnourished body almost looking like it could shatter and fall into thousands of pieces at any second. I narrowed my deep eyes, ears laying back as his pitiful, dead eyes looked back up in my direction. Something about this man's presence made me feel a strange new sense of responsibility. I hate it. After a little more consideration, I offer to help the stranger who's name I don't even know; the only thing I know about him is that this Muriel must be some sort of caretaker if he's always been this way. The blue-streaked stallion's reaction make me shift uncomfortably on soaked feet, his voice full of wonder. "Thank you-" he chokes, my lips curling at the corners.

"Sure." I mumble, the smile once more dying on my decorated face. I drop my head low, sniffing curiously at the man once more; none of the smells that cling to his skin are more familiar than the others, so I decide that it would be easier to just let him tell me more than to try guessing myself; I don't want to drop this scrawny man off under the heat of enemy arms by mistake.. even thought he would no longer be my problem, he would probably haunt my ass in the afterlife.. those dead eyes following me for the rest of my life. I clench my jaws and take a deep breath, holding it in until my lungs cry for more oxygen.

"Have you ever been part of a herd here?" I finally question, the air rushing out of my lungs in a hot breath, the words all rammed together in a quick sentence. The water laps up my legs, carrying the end of my stringy tail with it, the white hair becoming grey with the heavy splash of water. "I can take you wherever you came from, first, if that's what you want." But why? Why am I doing this for a man I don't even know? Sure, it will make me feel better in the long run I guess, but right now, why? To get my mind off of things? To get out of the Falls? Maybe that's it. My head needs to be anywhere but there right now, before I do something dumb and hurt someone or myself.

@[Leliel]
Oh my god, I'm so sorry for the wait! This sat in my drafts for some reason, Dx