the Rift

[OPEN] the breeze whispers

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd
RHOA
I belong anywhere but inbetween
I feel myself becoming dizzy with joy as Tandavi compliments my wings. My wings. Have I ever been paid a compliment before? I don't think I have. All I've ever been told is how much I've failed at things, all the things I'm not. Not brave, not old enough, not useful enough. Right now all of that disappears though as this sense of purpose and pride fills and floods my small frame. If I can just hold onto this feeling, maybe everything will be okay. "Thank you." I mumble rather stupidly, my lips peeling back in a wide grin as I look down trying to hide the thrill that is present on my youthful face.

As she mentions invasions the smile falters and my head raises. Yes, I suppose they are all stupid. I want to be a fierce warrior like Father one day but ... I just can't help but think that bloodshed isn't the answer. It can't be. Talking things through is so much easier. But then, I am young and weak. Perhaps that is what the weak think while the strong know differently. Maybe one day I will understand. I bob my head in agreement.

The golden girl and the dark thing seem to be talking. Tavi's compliment is nearly enough to stifle the feeling of sadness and jealousy that creeps up into my throat. It would have been too, were it not for the graceful arrival of Cera and the question that falls from her lips.

As I see Cera, a flurry of gold, white, and grace I step backwards. I had seen the Golden Prince before, but we've never spoken. I feel rather odd about him. There is a fair amount of hero worship that floods my veins for him, but at the same time a fair amount of jealousy. Once father regarded him as a son, but not he is more like a brother. All of this while I remain a lowly bother. The feeling of inadequacy combined with Tavi's question pulls me backwards another step. My eyes, round with alarm and fear find Tavi's onyx gaze before shooting back down again. I can't admit that I miss my mother in front of him. In front of the one who my father loves more than me. I am alone in this world and suddenly my throat seems to close and I can't bring myself to say anything at all.

I want to run. To scream and take to the skies. To hide in the Throat (no idiot they live in the Throat too!) - so perhaps I'll just go away. That's what I'll do. Exhilaration races through my veins as I think of it, but it is quickly crushed as Cera's statement reminds me of my Father and why we're all here. No one Father loves Cera more. He's doing his job. Not daydreaming about running away.

Dizzy with confusion and the realization that I cannot run from this, I huff to myself, biting my lip to keep tears from forming in my eyes (which was stupid because it really hurt).

"Yeah I do" I whisper softly, gaze still firmly looking at my hooves.

I don't think I've ever missed her as much as I do right now. If Mother was here I could just run to her. I would never be running away, only ever towards her. My beautiful Mother. My guiding light, lost somewhere in the sands with Ivezho.

Overly emotional Rhoa is overly emotional :/

Table style by Tamme!

Messages In This Thread
the breeze whispers - by Tandavi - 12-26-2014, 11:58 PM
RE: the breeze whispers - by Rhoa - 12-27-2014, 01:15 AM
RE: the breeze whispers - by Tandavi - 12-27-2014, 03:43 AM
RE: the breeze whispers - by Rhoa - 12-27-2014, 02:42 PM
RE: the breeze whispers - by Cera - 12-29-2014, 01:48 AM
RE: the breeze whispers - by Tandavi - 01-02-2015, 10:49 PM
RE: the breeze whispers - by Rhoa - 01-03-2015, 03:04 PM
RE: the breeze whispers - by Cera - 01-11-2015, 12:02 AM
RE: the breeze whispers - by Tandavi - 01-22-2015, 12:31 AM