the Rift

[OPEN] If it glows, I take

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd
<style type="text/css">
.titles { width: 320px; line-height: 56%; font-family: rochester; font-size: 70px; text-align: center; color: #FE7597; text-transform: lowercase; border-bottom: 1px dotted #83E1CD; padding-bottom: 14px; position: relative; z-index: 2; margin-bottom: 10px; text-shadow: 1px 1px #F9FFDF, 2px 2px #FCCFCC; padding-top: 6px; }
#faclaim { width: 320px; height: 320px; position: relative; overflow: hidden; margin-top: 10px; }
.fcl { float: left; }
.fcl label { display: block; width: 160px; height: 160px; position: relative; transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -moz-transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -webkit-transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -ms-transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -o-transition: all 1s ease-in-out; }
.fcl input[type=checkbox] { display: none; }
.fcb { position: absolute; width: 148px; height: 154px; left: 0; top: 0px; background-color: #fff; z-index: -1; transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -moz-transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -webkit-transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -ms-transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -o-transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -webkit-transform: scale(0); -moz-transform: scale(0); -o-transform: scale(0); overflow: auto; text-align: center; font-family: arial; font-size: 10px; line-height: 114%; padding: 6px 2px 0px 0px; } .fcb::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 4px; }
.fcb label { position: absolute; top: -1px; left: 1px; font-family: calibri; font-size: 8px; text-transform: uppercase; width: 4px; height: 4px; color: #000; text-align: center; background: transparent; z-index: 8; }
.fcl input[type=checkbox]:checked ~ label ~ .fcb { z-index: 5; opacity: 1; height: 154px; width: 158px; background-color: #fff; -webkit-transform: scale(1); -moz-transform: scale(1); -o-transform: scale(1); }
.bluie { width: 160px; height: 110px; text-align: center; line-height: 100%; font-family: rochester; font-size: 48px; color: #83E1CD; text-shadow: 1px 1px #F9FFDF, 2px 2px #C8FADB; text-transform: lowercase; background: #fff; padding-top: 50px; }
.pinkie { width: 160px; height: 110px; text-align: center; line-height: 100%; font-family: rochester; font-size: 48px; color: #ffffff; text-shadow: 1px 1px #F9FFDF, 2px 2px #FCCFCC; text-transform: lowercase; background: #fff; padding-top: 50px; }
</style>
Rhoa

Why did I think I could do this on my own? When did I develop such a big mouth and need to impress others? Stupid bird-lady. Stupid egg. I'm blaming them - it's far easier than any self-reflection I might try to engage myself in. Nopenopenope. Blaming the world, that's what it's about now. At least ... for the time being. I feel too alone right now to try and work through my demons and darkness. Maybe later, but for now ... for now I'll just stomach all those emotions and do what I need to.

And right now that means finding some glowing ... err. I realize that I'm not entirely sure. I just sort of volunteered and left. I know what glowing means (my wings do glow. Sort of. I suppose they actually burn but - er. Not the point). But what will be glowing? Rocks? Moss? Water? Animals? Hmm... I fold my wings to my flanks as I enter the caves. Luckily they aren't far from the Throat at all, so it didn't take me very long to get here, although I've never actually ventured below before. I know Father says that this is where they all hid when the wraith invasion happened. It's so weird to think about ... that everyone would just ... hide. Especially Father. I know there wasn't really anything they could do - the wraiths couldn't be fought - but it's still weird to imagine Father just .. waiting down here, in the darkness. Snorting I timidly peer around as my hooves clack against the hard ground. I open my wings a little so that the pulsing light can help illuminate the way.

Shivering slightly I look up into the opening one last time, wishing that I had asked someone to come with me. But the bird-lady told me to be brave ... but lately bravery seemed like it either means doing something stupid, or doing something that gets you hurt. Hopefully this will turn out to be neither.

"Okay. Glowing. That can't be too hard." I mumble to myself encouragingly as I begin to walk down one of the tunnels.

Adelric Posts: 101
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3hh :: 1.5 [Birdsong]
Tobias :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Sevin

Once upon a time...

The half-child frowns when he catches sight of Heart Caves. He hadn’t meant to go this way at all. He had meant to head North, back to the Basin, where he could find Erebos. In fact, he is quite ready to turn around when Tobias bleats softly. Tilting his head, the half child watches the way the Cerndyr looks concernedly at the underground, as though he desires to travel below. Brief flashes of images- a black body that looks more like a shadow than reality- enter Adelric’s mind. Is there some mystery below that Tobias is eager to solve? Perhaps. So, though he believes it would be best for him to return to the Basin, he obliges his companion, who has otherwise followed him with unwavering loyalty.

To the hole in the ground they go, looking at the darkness, and the half-child pauses at the top. He has never been below here before, though he has heard brief tales of the place from his mother. But an evil past does not dissuade the scientist. In fact, it intrigues him. Monsters with unnatural faces, limbs not the way they should be, monstrous desires to eat and chew and infect… It is a macabre subject, but it fascinates him, especially now that he stands at the threshold of the reminders of such evil days. With a smirk directed towards Tobias, the half-child descends, his hooves clicking along the stony ground.

The switch from bright daylight to the murky light provided by the flickering of the underground flames is difficult to adjust to at first, and the half-child barely notices the tail hairs of the mystery horse disappearing down one of the tunnels. Is this one of the monsters that his mother had spoken of? Whickering softly to Tobias, the half-child begins down the tunnel as well, trying to allow his eyes to adjust. For now he says nothing- he has always been a man of few words and has never tried to draw attention to himself. Perhaps he will just observe for now, if he can catch up… Breaking into a slow trot as his eyes adjust, he looks to Tobias for guidance, but the deer’s eyes are focused on the darkness ahead of the pair, trying to once again catch sight of the dark shadow he had seen.

@[Rhoa]

...there was a lonely boy.
Image Credit
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Adelric at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Adelric unless it is in an opening post

Odd
<style type="text/css">
.titles { width: 320px; line-height: 56%; font-family: rochester; font-size: 70px; text-align: center; color: #FE7597; text-transform: lowercase; border-bottom: 1px dotted #83E1CD; padding-bottom: 14px; position: relative; z-index: 2; margin-bottom: 10px; text-shadow: 1px 1px #F9FFDF, 2px 2px #FCCFCC; padding-top: 6px; }
#faclaim { width: 320px; height: 320px; position: relative; overflow: hidden; margin-top: 10px; }
.fcl label { display: block; width: 160px; height: 160px; position: relative; transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -moz-transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -webkit-transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -ms-transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -o-transition: all 1s ease-in-out; }
.fcb { position: absolute; width: 148px; height: 154px; left: 0; top: 0px; background-color: #fff; z-index: -1; transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -moz-transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -webkit-transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -ms-transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -o-transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -webkit-transform: scale(0); -moz-transform: scale(0); -o-transform: scale(0); overflow: auto; text-align: center; font-family: arial; font-size: 10px; line-height: 114%; padding: 6px 2px 0px 0px; } .fcb::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 4px; }
.fcb label { position: absolute; top: -1px; left: 1px; font-family: calibri; font-size: 8px; text-transform: uppercase; width: 4px; height: 4px; color: #000; text-align: center; background: transparent; z-index: 8; }
.fcl input[type=checkbox]:checked ~ label ~ .fcb { z-index: 5; opacity: 1; height: 154px; width: 158px; background-color: #fff; -webkit-transform: scale(1); -moz-transform: scale(1); -o-transform: scale(1); }
.bluie { width: 160px; height: 110px; text-align: center; line-height: 100%; font-family: rochester; font-size: 48px; color: #83E1CD; text-shadow: 1px 1px #F9FFDF, 2px 2px #C8FADB; text-transform: lowercase; background: #fff; padding-top: 50px; }
.pinkie { width: 160px; height: 110px; text-align: center; line-height: 100%; font-family: rochester; font-size: 48px; color: #ffffff; text-shadow: 1px 1px #F9FFDF, 2px 2px #FCCFCC; text-transform: lowercase; background: #fff; padding-top: 50px; }
</style>
Rhoa

I hear something and immediately my legs turn to water. Ice water. I'm filled with it. My body begins to shake as adrenaline courses through my veins. I don't think I've ever been so frightened before in my life. But what am I even frightened of? I'm allowed to be here, it isn't like I'm doing anything wrong. And .. it's the middle of the day practically. You can't see if from down here, but up there the world is still bathed in light.

Am I .. afraid of the dark? Is that what I've just learned? Because I've never been afraid like this before, but I've also never been alone like this before in the dark. I mean, I"m alone in the Throat all the time (don't even get me started), and I've never felt this cold sloshy feeling in my stomach before.

Dear bird-lady. You're right. I'm not brave. Please just take it back. Take back whatever it is. I promise I"ll try harder! I silently pray as I'm now sure that this is my punishment for my bitter attitude on the beach. I can do better! I can! I'll learn to be brave I'll-

Oh. It suddenly occurs to me that maybe this isn't the bird-lady ending my life, but perhaps testing me? I want to push the thought away as soon as it enters into my mind because I don't want this to be a test. In fact, I just want to fold my wings against my sides to stop them from glowing and to hide in a corner unseen. But I can hear the bird-lady's cackle in my mind. She wouldn't be pleased.

Then again, neither would Father.

Unwillingly, I force himself to turn around. My wings unsteadily hang from my shoulders, flitting slightly as my small body continues to vibrate with energy. I can hear hooves now. Lots of them. Whoever it is, they aren't alone. Swallowing, I force myself (and I do mean force) to raise my wings which casts a weak pulsing light down the tunnel I had just come from. If Father were here his light would go much farther, but this is all that I have.

"H-Hello?" I call out, feeling immediate shame and embarrassment as my voice shuddered out of apprehension at who (or what) might answer.

Was it too late to take it back and hide in the darkness ?

Hidden Account

Once upon a time...

“Oh.” The half-child doesn’t even attempt to hide the disappointment in his voice. “You’re not a monster.” Of course, his disappointment may not have been so great had he not gotten his hopes up so high. There had been a moment where his heart had raced and beat more furiously in his chest. There had been a moment where his legs had thought to shake and his horn had been lowered as though it were a weapon. That moment had come, creeping upon him slowly and then all of the sudden, taking him over as his hooves had clicked their way through the damp underground. It had come as Rhoa had turned and raised his wings, the embers glowing softly in the distance, and he had been sure he was seeing a monster. It had come, and then disappeared all of the sudden, leaving him feeling hollow and bored, as he realized that he was only seeing a pegasus, and then he had frowned.

Now, standing in the dark underground, staring at Rhoa, the half-child isn’t quite sure what else to say. He had come here seeking adventure and excitement, seeking answers for Tobias, and they have found none of these. They have only found a child. Of course, the half-child supposes there are other mysteries to be explored in these murky bowels of the earth. “What are you doing down here?” he states then, ignoring the typical social convention of introducing himself.

Indeed, he may have introduced himself, had his mind not begun to wander. Probing his mind outward, he reaches for Tobias, sending him an image of Thor as they had met him in the frozen wasteland surrounding the Basin. He remembers the evil that had come to his wings, the pain they had caused him, and Adelric remembers the distinct desire that day to remove Thor’s wings- an experiment in science, to see what internal changes had caused the pain. For a moment his head twitches, dropping an inch as his though his horn wants to point at the joint joining wing to body on this colt. In his head he is all but encouraged by Tobias, who shares his macabre desire to explore anatomy through vivisection. However, he is quick to return his head to its normal position. There would be no way to restrain the pegasus (surely it would be painful to remove an appendage). So instead, he resigns himself to learn about his other interests. “Have you seen any monsters?” There will be time for anatomy and physiology in the future.

@[Rhoa]

Image Credit
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Adelric at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Odd
<style type="text/css">
</style>
Rhoa

You're not a monster.

Well thank you for noticing comes the reply in my throat, but I don't say anything. It's just another thing that I'm not. I can't believe I am going to sulk about not being a monster when 3 seconds ago I thought I was going to die at the hands of one. But I notice how utterly disappointed he looks and I just can't help it.

It's then that my eyes slide to side and fall upon his companion. It's beautiful. I don't know what it is but ... But I am jealous of it. At least they have each other. They apparently are looking for monsters while I ... I have no one to fight monsters with in the dark. When the boy is disappointed at least he'll have his friend. When I am disappointed all I have are duty and obligation.

He asks what I am doing and the reminder of what it is I'm here to do and why it is I'm here to do it feel crushing. "I'm here to gather glowing things ... moss I think.." I answer rather distractedly, still thinking about how stupid I was to come down here alone. ... for the festival of the Sun.." I finish, my gaze snapping back to Adelric's.

I catch him looking at my wing which causes me to shuffle self consciously. Does he think the glowing ember pattern is strange? Does he think it's ugly? I tuck my wings against my sooty flanks, ruffling my feathers uncomfortably with the swiftness of the motion. JUST STOP I want to scream. I KNOW I'M THE WORST. JUST GO AWAY WOULD YOU. But of course I don't. I have been raised to be polite and courteous. "No monsters." I confirm with a bitter laugh, as if moments ago I hadn't been completely certain that there were.

When did I become such a liar?

"But you never know ... Further down there might be some. I think I heard sounds that way." I indicate, motioning over my shoulder with my muzzle. I'd really like this fellow to come along, even if I'm not so sure about him. I don't want to be alone down here. And who knows, there really could be monsters.

"You can come with me if you want. If you aren't afraid I guess."

A liar and a manipulator ?

Hidden Account

Once upon a time...

Glowing things? The half-child is admittedly confused about this poorly articulated description of what the colt is here to find. Glowing what? And what manner of glowing? He has seen bugs that create light from within, plants that seem to be bioluminescent but from without, water that glows from bugs that swim in its murky depths. And things… Oh, there are so many things. Animal, plant, or mineral. Living? Inanimate? Once living but now deceased? Color, texture, quantity (clearly more than one, but how many)? Does he need different varieties of glowing things, or multiple copies of one glowing thing? Also, why does the child himself not count? Surely his wings glow. Is that not good enough? It’s all the half-child can due to not sigh dramatically. Clearly this colt is not a scientist. Another disappointment.

At least he managed to offer one description. Moss. It answered a few of the half-child’s questions, but not nearly enough of them. And of course the extra description only added a mountain more. What, after all, was a festival of the sun, and was he supposed to attend? His judging eyes continue to watch his latest companion, his mouth turned down into a frown, as he contemplates where to take this conversation. His disappointing, distracted conspecific will seemingly not know how to answer any scientific queries, as he has failed so spectacularly thus far.

But all the while that Rhoa is speaking about monsters, Adelric finds himself distracted in his own right, his mind overflowing with a sudden emotion that does not belong to himself. Tobias? With one ear to Rhoa that he might at least hear his words, Adelric turns his head to Tobias. He doesn’t even begin to know how to describe what his companion his feeling, the emotion far beyond anything he has known, when he is suddenly rewarded for his patience.

As Rhoa suggests that Adelric and Tobias come, if they aren’t afraid, Tobias’ antlers begin to flicker and glow in their own right. The tips illuminate, shining bright light into the dampened corridor. The light seems to try and find a focus, perhaps somewhere near Rhoa, but it never exactly settles on one location before flickering a few times and ultimately dissipating entirely, leaving the trio in the same murky lighting they had been in before. Curious, the half child comments to Tobias internally, having never seen such a display from the Cerndyr before. Admittedly, the cervid seemed equally as confused.

“But don’t collect us,” the half-child says then suddenly, as though completing some sentence he had spoken before or as though Tobias’ light display was an affirmation that the duo would help. Stepping forward, the child nodded his head to Rhoa, allowing him to take the lead on his exploration. If there were monsters ahead, Rhoa would needed to attend to them. Adelric’s mind was far from such farfetched curiosities now; his thoughts were of light beams for antlers now. Glowing things, indeed.

@[Rhoa]

Image Credit

Odd
<style type="text/css">
</style>
Rhoa

As the cerndyr begins to glow I feel unimaginably useless. The one thing I had was my glowing wings. Sure, Ivezho's whole body glows and Father is always on fire, but at least I had this. I was supposed to be the light in this darkness, I was going to the illiminator. Now I don't even have that. I realize I've been staring at the points of light coming from the Cerndyr, but as I pull my gaze away I am blinded. White spots dance and swim through my vision making it impossible to see anything. I bite my tongue to keep from screaming my extreme frustration, I've become rather good at holding my feelings inside. Father would be proud I think bitterly.

"Oh good." I manage to mumble, blinking stupidly and turning down the dark corridor.

My lips move as a mime silent conversations I'm having with myself. If they aren't afraid of monsters and have their own light source why are they even with me? Why don't they just go and have some great adventure all on their own. I'm sure I'm just holding them back. But they are coming with me. Maybe that's something. The bigger boy makes a joke, and I can't help but smile. I don't want to, and the feeling of relief and amusement that forces itself inside of me is bittersweet. "Hah. Okay. Deal. I'm Rhoa by the way. So why are you down here?" I asked slightly more confidently, easing into the conversation.

As we walk, I let my wings hang open casting a warming light onto the reflective walls of the cave. It isn't as bright as the cerndyr, but I'm trying to let that go. Just because my light isn't as bright doesn't mean I'm not contributing right? I certainly hope so, because this is basically a metaphor for my whole entire life at the moment. I am not as strong as Father, or as wise as Mother. Ivezho's magic is larger than mine, but I am trying. I am contributing. That counts doesn't it?

I look at the walls, knowing nothing about their origin or composition. In the Throat we have nothing like this at all. I know about sand and irrigation but ... these sorts of organic structures are completely alien to me. "How do these caves even form?" I ask aloud, although I'm not really expecting an answer. Rather naively and ignorantly I assume that Alderic has roughly the same body of knowledge that I do.

Hidden Account

Once upon a time...

“Adelric,” he says absently in response to the pegasus’ question, his eyes glancing all over the caves. Nothing glowing immediately comes to his attention- is the other colt certain there is such a thing down here? “I followed you.” He speaks as though it is the most natural thing in the world to follow another. Well, that was why he was down here, right? With nothing glowing to capture his attention, his mind wanders back to the wings Rhoa wears. Does he ever have to prove that he is worthy of his home, by being only pegasus? Does he ever have friends that he would like to show around, but must leave them behind because of the form of their body? And for that matter, he thinks as his mind skips through a few of the more obvious steps in his logical progression, if I cut off Aithniel’s wings would that make her belong?

He ponders the idea for a long while, wondering if he would be any less bitter about the demi-goddess’ membership in the Basin. He still doesn’t think it is fair he must hide who is beautiful mother is, just because she does not wear a horn on her head.

The half-child, in his musings, almost forgets that he follows the other boy who lights their way through the caves. It is thus, that he finds himself very surprised. For all the lack of scientific knowledge the boy had demonstrated earlier, he asks a very curious question. One that Adelric himself does not have the answer to. For a long while he is silent, looking around, brow furrowed in concentration. “Trees can crack rock,” he suggests finally, remember a tree root he saw stuck through a stone one time, “But there are no trees down here.” Well, none that he can see. Perhaps when they reach the glowing room, he will find himself proven wrong.

“What else moves rock?” he wonders aloud, his question more for the likes of Tobias than Rhoa, but if the prince can gather his thoughts together enough to provide a reasonable response, the half-child will not mind. And though the question was one he rather enjoyed- a mystery that he did not know the answer to immediately- his brain does wander as children’s minds will. “And what,” he adds, “does a festival for the sun entail?” If nothing else, at least the boy in front of him is easy to talk to.

Image Credit

Odd
<style type="text/css">
</style>
Rhoa

Adelric ? What a strange name. It's like a girl name followed by a boy name. If I knew anything about Adelric being a hybrid, I might think that there was something particularly apt about his name, but instead I merely shrug. I didn't name myself, and assume that the oddly pattered fellow didn't either. "I'm Rhoa-Why would you follow me?" I smush the sentences together as his previous answer clicks in my brain. Funny how I am not concerned about the fact that he was following me, but was instead curious that it was me he followed.

I think a shrink would probably have a field day with me. It all started one day when I met the bird-lady ....

At first I wonder why we're suddenly talking about the fact that trees can crack rock, until he continued that there aren't any trees down here. I consider his statement as a self-conscious itch that he must be much more clever than I am suddenly swamps me. I wouldn't have even thought to say anything like that. I probably would have said something about how the Gods made these caves to save us from the wraiths ... stupid, stupid, stupid!

I don't say anything as he asks what else can move rock, instead trying to think of something clever. I wait, as if willing my brain to just think of something, but nothing comes. Defeated, I shrug as we continue to walk through the corridor.
"Wind maybe?" I suggest finally. I know wind erosion slowly degrades our beaches back home so ... maybe that could have done this here?

His question about the festival leaves me much more able to answer. At least it's a topic that I am the expert on. "I am from the Dragon's Throat and... the Sun God is our patron God. So at the beginning of every TallSun we have a festival in his honour so that he will continue to bestow our herd with his blessings." I recite, just as perfectly as if Mother had just spoken the words to me. "So we gather oil to set on fire, and things that glow and ..." I pause, realizing that I actually don't really know what tasks the others are doing. It isn't as thought I've been alive for a full year yet - this will be my first festival. Still, I don't want to seem completely ignorant, so I shrug as if it's just common knowledge. "You know. Other sun-related stuff. We tell all the herds, and anyone who wants to praise the sun can come."

Hidden Account

Once upon a time...

“We’ve never been underground before,” comes his prompt response to the first query, which is easy enough to answer. “I wanted to know more about it.” Of course, he wants to know more about everything, but everything will come in time. For now he starts small, categorizing the experiences he can find, storing them away in his young mind, cultivating the thoughts and ideas, learning when he can, and thinking when it is more appropriate to do so.

As for the wind… the child’s response is a resoundingly annoyed, “Maybe.” He’s disappointed. In his head, he and Tobias try to imagine a world where wind could have drilled straight down into the same spot of the ground long enough to tunnel away into the snow. They have a difficult time with it, cannot create a scenario that makes sense, and so Adelric is left rolling his eyes as the child. He wants to like him, he really does, but Rhoa makes it so… very… difficult.

Eventually, the half-child decides to stop wanting to like the pegasus so much, and instead focus his attentions on his surroundings. Absently, he listens to the description of the festival, but parties have never much interested him and though he will try to please the gods if they are around, he does not care to join their parties. Instead, he focuses on a trinket that he finds stuffed in a little hole the in wall, wondering how Rhoa did not catch the twinkle of the little green stone as the light from the fire pit bounces off of it.

“Cool,” he says in awe of the trinket, picking it up and noticing that it has a little hole that will just fit over one of Tobias’ tines on his antlers. Placing it thusly, he decides not to clarify whether the cool was for Rhoa or otherwise, and continues to follow, hoping this adventure leads somewhere more exciting than a long hallway.

Image Credit

Odd
<style type="text/css">
</style>
Rhoa

I did not notice the little twinkle, and would have just continued walking had Adelric's voice not drawn my attention back to where the duo had stopped. The glimmer of whatever object Adelric pulls out of the wall catches the light, and for a moment reflects beautifully. "-oh!" My lips form the word, but I barely make a sound, instead sounding like some sort of squashed rodent. I can't help but immediately feel the ugly pull of jealousy corrupt my vision. That should have been mine, whatever it is. I came down into these tunnels, he was just following me. I was the one trying to be brave, just like the bird-lady said, and once again someone else was rewarded instead of me. Self-righteous angst and anger flooded my veins making me feel cold and angry. Silently I made faces at the pair as Adelric draped the thing over his companion's antlers.

How nice for him, I sneer mentally. It isn't enough that he had a companion and probably a family, but why not just give him ... whatever that thing is.

I gulp turning away as I feel tears begin to sting my eyes. "Yeah I guess." I try to agree, hating the way my voice sort of wavers. I bite my lip hard to keep from crying out, tiling my head backwards slightly so that none of the tears that are threatened to form can fall from my eyes.

Stupid bird-lady. Stupid tunnels, stupid Adelric. Stupid everything-

Oh look. Moss!

Ahead, by a small pond of water, there is moss growing. It glows with a hauntingly beautiful blue light that seems to draw me closer. At least I found this first.

"Hey look!" I call, my voice no longer sounding as pathetic and glum. I trot forward, the sound of my hooves echoing outwards as the tunnel leads into a large room with the pond. I halt near the moss, lowering my head to sniff at it. It smells damp and earthen. Shifting an ear to focus on Adelric, I tilt my head slightly.

"Is it safe? What do you think makes it glow?"