the Rift

[OPEN] If it glows, I take

Adelric Posts: 101
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3hh :: 1.5 [Birdsong]
Tobias :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Sevin

Once upon a time...

“Oh.” The half-child doesn’t even attempt to hide the disappointment in his voice. “You’re not a monster.” Of course, his disappointment may not have been so great had he not gotten his hopes up so high. There had been a moment where his heart had raced and beat more furiously in his chest. There had been a moment where his legs had thought to shake and his horn had been lowered as though it were a weapon. That moment had come, creeping upon him slowly and then all of the sudden, taking him over as his hooves had clicked their way through the damp underground. It had come as Rhoa had turned and raised his wings, the embers glowing softly in the distance, and he had been sure he was seeing a monster. It had come, and then disappeared all of the sudden, leaving him feeling hollow and bored, as he realized that he was only seeing a pegasus, and then he had frowned.

Now, standing in the dark underground, staring at Rhoa, the half-child isn’t quite sure what else to say. He had come here seeking adventure and excitement, seeking answers for Tobias, and they have found none of these. They have only found a child. Of course, the half-child supposes there are other mysteries to be explored in these murky bowels of the earth. “What are you doing down here?” he states then, ignoring the typical social convention of introducing himself.

Indeed, he may have introduced himself, had his mind not begun to wander. Probing his mind outward, he reaches for Tobias, sending him an image of Thor as they had met him in the frozen wasteland surrounding the Basin. He remembers the evil that had come to his wings, the pain they had caused him, and Adelric remembers the distinct desire that day to remove Thor’s wings- an experiment in science, to see what internal changes had caused the pain. For a moment his head twitches, dropping an inch as his though his horn wants to point at the joint joining wing to body on this colt. In his head he is all but encouraged by Tobias, who shares his macabre desire to explore anatomy through vivisection. However, he is quick to return his head to its normal position. There would be no way to restrain the pegasus (surely it would be painful to remove an appendage). So instead, he resigns himself to learn about his other interests. “Have you seen any monsters?” There will be time for anatomy and physiology in the future.

@[Rhoa]

...there was a lonely boy.
Image Credit
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Adelric at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Adelric unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
If it glows, I take - by Rhoa - 12-27-2014, 03:06 PM
RE: If it glows, I take - by Adelric - 12-30-2014, 04:40 PM
RE: If it glows, I take - by Rhoa - 12-31-2014, 02:23 AM
RE: If it glows, I take - by Adelric - 01-01-2015, 11:51 PM
RE: If it glows, I take - by Rhoa - 01-03-2015, 01:48 PM
RE: If it glows, I take - by Adelric - 01-05-2015, 01:50 AM
RE: If it glows, I take - by Rhoa - 02-08-2015, 02:13 PM
RE: If it glows, I take - by Adelric - 02-09-2015, 10:26 PM
RE: If it glows, I take - by Rhoa - 02-09-2015, 11:21 PM
RE: If it glows, I take - by Adelric - 02-15-2015, 06:03 PM