the Rift

[OPEN] If it glows, I take

Adelric Posts: 101
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3hh :: 1.5 [Birdsong]
Tobias :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Sevin

Once upon a time...

Glowing things? The half-child is admittedly confused about this poorly articulated description of what the colt is here to find. Glowing what? And what manner of glowing? He has seen bugs that create light from within, plants that seem to be bioluminescent but from without, water that glows from bugs that swim in its murky depths. And things… Oh, there are so many things. Animal, plant, or mineral. Living? Inanimate? Once living but now deceased? Color, texture, quantity (clearly more than one, but how many)? Does he need different varieties of glowing things, or multiple copies of one glowing thing? Also, why does the child himself not count? Surely his wings glow. Is that not good enough? It’s all the half-child can due to not sigh dramatically. Clearly this colt is not a scientist. Another disappointment.

At least he managed to offer one description. Moss. It answered a few of the half-child’s questions, but not nearly enough of them. And of course the extra description only added a mountain more. What, after all, was a festival of the sun, and was he supposed to attend? His judging eyes continue to watch his latest companion, his mouth turned down into a frown, as he contemplates where to take this conversation. His disappointing, distracted conspecific will seemingly not know how to answer any scientific queries, as he has failed so spectacularly thus far.

But all the while that Rhoa is speaking about monsters, Adelric finds himself distracted in his own right, his mind overflowing with a sudden emotion that does not belong to himself. Tobias? With one ear to Rhoa that he might at least hear his words, Adelric turns his head to Tobias. He doesn’t even begin to know how to describe what his companion his feeling, the emotion far beyond anything he has known, when he is suddenly rewarded for his patience.

As Rhoa suggests that Adelric and Tobias come, if they aren’t afraid, Tobias’ antlers begin to flicker and glow in their own right. The tips illuminate, shining bright light into the dampened corridor. The light seems to try and find a focus, perhaps somewhere near Rhoa, but it never exactly settles on one location before flickering a few times and ultimately dissipating entirely, leaving the trio in the same murky lighting they had been in before. Curious, the half child comments to Tobias internally, having never seen such a display from the Cerndyr before. Admittedly, the cervid seemed equally as confused.

“But don’t collect us,” the half-child says then suddenly, as though completing some sentence he had spoken before or as though Tobias’ light display was an affirmation that the duo would help. Stepping forward, the child nodded his head to Rhoa, allowing him to take the lead on his exploration. If there were monsters ahead, Rhoa would needed to attend to them. Adelric’s mind was far from such farfetched curiosities now; his thoughts were of light beams for antlers now. Glowing things, indeed.

@[Rhoa]

...there was a lonely boy.
Image Credit
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Adelric at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Adelric unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
If it glows, I take - by Rhoa - 12-27-2014, 03:06 PM
RE: If it glows, I take - by Adelric - 12-30-2014, 04:40 PM
RE: If it glows, I take - by Rhoa - 12-31-2014, 02:23 AM
RE: If it glows, I take - by Adelric - 01-01-2015, 11:51 PM
RE: If it glows, I take - by Rhoa - 01-03-2015, 01:48 PM
RE: If it glows, I take - by Adelric - 01-05-2015, 01:50 AM
RE: If it glows, I take - by Rhoa - 02-08-2015, 02:13 PM
RE: If it glows, I take - by Adelric - 02-09-2015, 10:26 PM
RE: If it glows, I take - by Rhoa - 02-09-2015, 11:21 PM
RE: If it glows, I take - by Adelric - 02-15-2015, 06:03 PM