the Rift

[OPEN] If it glows, I take

Adelric Posts: 101
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3hh :: 1.5 [Birdsong]
Tobias :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Sevin

Once upon a time...

“Adelric,” he says absently in response to the pegasus’ question, his eyes glancing all over the caves. Nothing glowing immediately comes to his attention- is the other colt certain there is such a thing down here? “I followed you.” He speaks as though it is the most natural thing in the world to follow another. Well, that was why he was down here, right? With nothing glowing to capture his attention, his mind wanders back to the wings Rhoa wears. Does he ever have to prove that he is worthy of his home, by being only pegasus? Does he ever have friends that he would like to show around, but must leave them behind because of the form of their body? And for that matter, he thinks as his mind skips through a few of the more obvious steps in his logical progression, if I cut off Aithniel’s wings would that make her belong?

He ponders the idea for a long while, wondering if he would be any less bitter about the demi-goddess’ membership in the Basin. He still doesn’t think it is fair he must hide who is beautiful mother is, just because she does not wear a horn on her head.

The half-child, in his musings, almost forgets that he follows the other boy who lights their way through the caves. It is thus, that he finds himself very surprised. For all the lack of scientific knowledge the boy had demonstrated earlier, he asks a very curious question. One that Adelric himself does not have the answer to. For a long while he is silent, looking around, brow furrowed in concentration. “Trees can crack rock,” he suggests finally, remember a tree root he saw stuck through a stone one time, “But there are no trees down here.” Well, none that he can see. Perhaps when they reach the glowing room, he will find himself proven wrong.

“What else moves rock?” he wonders aloud, his question more for the likes of Tobias than Rhoa, but if the prince can gather his thoughts together enough to provide a reasonable response, the half-child will not mind. And though the question was one he rather enjoyed- a mystery that he did not know the answer to immediately- his brain does wander as children’s minds will. “And what,” he adds, “does a festival for the sun entail?” If nothing else, at least the boy in front of him is easy to talk to.

...there was a lonely boy.
Image Credit
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Adelric at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Adelric unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
If it glows, I take - by Rhoa - 12-27-2014, 03:06 PM
RE: If it glows, I take - by Adelric - 12-30-2014, 04:40 PM
RE: If it glows, I take - by Rhoa - 12-31-2014, 02:23 AM
RE: If it glows, I take - by Adelric - 01-01-2015, 11:51 PM
RE: If it glows, I take - by Rhoa - 01-03-2015, 01:48 PM
RE: If it glows, I take - by Adelric - 01-05-2015, 01:50 AM
RE: If it glows, I take - by Rhoa - 02-08-2015, 02:13 PM
RE: If it glows, I take - by Adelric - 02-09-2015, 10:26 PM
RE: If it glows, I take - by Rhoa - 02-09-2015, 11:21 PM
RE: If it glows, I take - by Adelric - 02-15-2015, 06:03 PM