the Rift

[PRIVATE] Runaways

Saffron Posts: 61
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Other :: 46" :: 2 HP: 58.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren

My paws leave gentle prints in the fading yet still lingering snow. I step through the pines that scatter through the Basin, enjoying the night sky that keeps me hidden. I don't exactly blend in against the pale snow, but with my stripes the trees and I seem to get along fine. Hunting under the moon's light. I may not be allowed to hunt those who live in the Basin (except that one stallion, but that seemed like a specific exemption). However, any other animal in the Basin is open to me. I stop as my attuned ears pick up the sounds of another creature crunching in the snow. My eyes reflect light back and I see there.... a fawn. I crouch down, watching it. A fawn, by itself? Strange, but I won't refuse a gift given to me from the Gods. It is out in the open, away from the pines. For me to get it I will have to leave my cover and approach it big and beautiful. It will see my coming, but I should be able to outrun it, right?

It is entranced by the light of the stars and moon, staring up into the sky. I wonder if the creatures of the wood worship the Gods as we do, and if so, if this critter is fan of the Moon Goddess in particular. It's focus on the sky will help me sneak up on it. I move to the edge of the pines, hesitating a moment. I will make its death swift and painless, not letting it linger in pain. I leap from the trees, covering the distance between us in only a few strides. I try to pin it to the ground and spread my jaws, fangs ready to end its' little life. "Do not worry, it will be over soon."

"Speech."

SAFFRON
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Saffron excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Runaways - by Thranduil - 12-28-2014, 09:53 PM
RE: Runaways - by Saffron - 12-31-2014, 10:20 PM
RE: Runaways - by Thranduil - 01-13-2015, 04:01 AM
RE: Runaways - by Saffron - 01-13-2015, 10:32 PM
RE: Runaways - by Thranduil - 02-07-2015, 04:40 PM
RE: Runaways - by Saffron - 02-18-2015, 10:10 PM