the Rift

[OPEN] It's best not to cut yourself on the thorns

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno
Sikeax;

Some stones within the desert rose up to tear at the sky's belly like giants' fingernails, glaring down on the inhabitants of the desert that lacked wings, holding a laugh in how puny they were compared to solid earth. Vines twisted themselves about their bodies, adding more to the scene of destruction that she'd have to make for the arrival of the decorations. The daylight devours the blue light rising from her horn before it touches the wall.
She cranes her head about and twists her neck to uncomfortable positions in hope that someone else had come to assist her in the task. What was the name again? Voodoo? No image of whoever Voodoo is crosses her mind while she recalls it over multiple times. They existed inside of her growing family, at least. With them, she didn't mind having her name recalled in their thoughts, but in private where she was not of common knowledge, as of free of the desert's arms, it was better not for it to be known.
There is nothing to the horizon but sea and land only to the north with nothing rising out of the distant abysses. A sense of emptiness clots her. She breathes it out with a sigh, ears falling into a relaxed position. Instinctively, she checks for thorns along the vines, extending a velvet nose to the growth and brushing them against. Coming away free, her teeth come into final play, grasping hold and tearing away with a sharp yank of her head to the opposite side. Snaps ignite as it gives way to her. They fall before her keratin hooves and rest in their misery as she goes for another kill. The use of her flame and horn would of been quicker, but the misuse of the flame was troublesome. What if she was to use the light too much and it faded from her forever, taken in the night due to greed as of it's abilities.
Internally, she curses herself at the idea of having to use it reach the upper parts, or maybe Voodoo would be a Pegasus and could reach the places that escaped her reach.

OOC: Clearing away vegetation from the limestone deposits for the festival. Anyone who wishes to help is welcome.

@[Voodoo]
someday you'll see me buried in a fresh blanket of snow when we've grown very old
darkheart9595, lyotta & larfsalot @deviantart

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada

Lean legs carry an equally built body along the sand in a hurry, Ouija making awful noises in your head as she still struggles to get the hang of simple words. Your patience is wearing, and even though the love for the white fox is unyielding, you can't help but grumble as she begs for your attention. 'Raa-wks.' You nod your long face, ears tipped back as the small creature stretches and digs her barely rounded claws into your flesh along your withers. "Rock." You emphasize, slightly drawing the "o", trying hard to remain calm with the toddler-size kit.

'Blue!' Yes, she has learned her colors, but she still pronounces them with trouble. Blue? Oh, that is what's blue. A soft gold colored woman seems focused on the stones, the dim light surrounding her horn dancing off of the earthy toned rocks while she nibbles at what seems to be vines. She must another herd members you're supposed to be helping. "Sorry for the wait." you call as softly as your raspy voice allows. Long stride brings you along side the woman who looks to be in foal, thick, curly tail arched slightly while you stop to her right. Something about the young woman strikes an old familiar flame in black and white memories, but you leave it off to having noticed her in a meeting or somewhere in the boundaries of home.

"I em- I'm Voodoo. This's Ouija." Big black eyes peer up from the tangled mess of hair along your neck, dark lips curving into a canine smile while a pink tongue pokes out between bright teeth. On your dark back, the heat almost feels like it could belong to the morning of Tallsun. The idea of fair weather after a difficult Frostfall is one to make anyone happy. The mare, only slightly smaller than yourself, is young; dull eyes glance at her swollen belly with slight concern washing behind the glossed layer. Unable to judge her misfortune (or, possibly, it was planned?), you cast your eyes down at the never ending glob of vines and weeds.

"Voodoo." 'Ouija.' 'Voices'
@[Sikeax] Sorry for the wait!
Agh, don't forget that he's a grulla and not black. <3
I'm so happy 'cause today I found my friends
They're in my head

image credits
EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!