the Rift

axes in the attics

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: 13z190.png]

SVETLANA
the wild card

I have shut white teeth over his poll, when pain shot through my shoulders like a spear through a bird. A twisted black horn caught me in the shoulder, hissing a shallow track my silver flesh, thrusting through one of my ebony feathers. A grim smile twists my charcoal lips. Good. Very good. He is a good match to me. Sooty black wings shut firmly, lining ashen flanks as I tip to the side, falling from a low height of three or four feet, releasing my hold on him. Like I have been trained, I roll out, trying to avoid damaging my wings, springing to black feet. I can feel the bruising in my body that will occur overnight, and a thin stream of hot liquid spilling from my cut shoulder, but I half-close my eyes playfully, staring at the soldier before me. Teal eyes are sharp and electric under a dark mane. Warm ochre flanks with a flashy scarlet hue. But most menacing is the stallion's horn, a twisted black bone protruding from a chocolate forehead. Only the tell-tale twitch of my ears betrays the adrenaline surging through my veins, the excitement I can taste in my mouth. It has been a while since I have fought. Very well. If he wants to play on the ground, he will play on the ground with me.

I side-step, my body sinuous and flowing like water through the easy movements. Black wings fawn half-open, where they remain. Jet eyes widen, and I look behind him, pretending distracted. Hills rise in sweet rolls, dew glistens in the warm sunlight. Slippery footing. Rearing tends to be a dramatic waste of time, unless you and the opponent lock forelegs and lunge. So I can race forward, give him a quick bite, or attempt a full-force attack.

Ebony legs flash through the air as I rear, balancing gracefully on my two jet hinds like a bear stands. Wings expand, black sails, but I do not take off, my left shoulder giving a strong pang as the cut is pulled wide. It is no more than a show, however. If my aim falls true, and if he rises to meet me, my hooves will fall on his shoulders and neck, perhaps lower.

""

2/3 (not including closing defense)

Messages In This Thread
axes in the attics - by Validino - 09-08-2012, 07:42 AM
RE: axes in the attics - by Svetlana - 10-10-2012, 06:28 PM
RE: axes in the attics - by Validino - 10-12-2012, 10:43 AM
RE: axes in the attics - by Svetlana - 10-12-2012, 08:28 PM
RE: axes in the attics - by Validino - 10-15-2012, 07:58 PM
RE: axes in the attics - by Svetlana - 10-17-2012, 05:16 PM
RE: axes in the attics - by Official - 11-22-2012, 03:46 AM