the Rift

[PRIVATE] What Can Become of Me is Only Greatness

Vincent Posts: 32
Outcast
Stallion :: Equine :: 19.0 :: 10 Buff: NOVICE
Claribel :: Irish Wolfhound :: None Sparrow
From the caves, he ran.

An ebony shape of colossal proportions, drenched in sweat, dirt, dust, and filth. He did not stop. He did not rest. Even when each breath was agony and his lungs demanded respite, Vincent did not give it. He pressed on, even when he could no longer run, hooves dragging in the dirt, massive, bulking head held pitifully low to the ground so that his muzzle nearly brushed the earth. Dull, molten-gold oculars stared upon the earth only inches away from his face, but he did not see it.

No. The only thing that crossed the mammoth's vision was the sight of the Hellion Prince, of the Leviathan and destroyer. Abraham. It fueled him, driving him, pushing him until he could scarce walk, think, or breathe.

... Run...

Thoughts were fleeting, lost in an abyss of haze and exhaustion. Thick, ivory feathered legs shook and wobbled with each and very step, tripping over himself and earth alike. It was a miracle that he hadn't fallen to the ground in debilitating fatigue. Every aching muscle, every over-used joint groaned in protest with every dragging step, and shot lungs burned with every jagged, gasping intake of breath. Sweat caked dirt and dust upon his large, hulking hide, turning slick ebony into a crusty, brown-gray coat of mess. He looked like death personified... And Vincent felt very close to it.

In the back of his mind, there was a voice screaming at him to stop, to rest, to take stock of his surroundings and find out just where his panicked mind had taken him... But locations meant nothing to him. Not now. Not in this oblivious mush his mind had become. Perhaps he just needed to find another place to hide. Yes.

The only thing that cut through his panicked litany of nothing was the sound of rushing water nearby. The stallion's swollen tongue pressed upwards against his pallet, dry and dusty, and a body-wracking guffaw of a cough left his lips at thought of water. Water... When was the last time he'd had a drink?

Blinking slowly, Vincent's molten-gold oculars came back into focus, and for the first time since escaping the Heart Caves and the Leviathan, he took stock of his surroundings. It was... Beautiful, in a strange, deceiving sort of way. Where in the Gods was he? A sight, however, caused any question to leave his numb mind. A river. A river. Maybe not a river, but a brook, or stream... Or something. It didn't matter. It was water.

With pathetically slow steps, Vincent dragged his considerable bulk to the edge of the stream, uncaring if any were around to see him. Suddenly, the only thing that his mind demanded was to drink, to quench his insatiable thirst, and sucking in a large breath, the dusty Shire plunged his entire head into the cool water up to his ears. Maw opening, the stallion slurped up the liquid greedily, relishing in the cool essence that coated his tongue, quenched his thirst, swept away the dirt and grime that had collected in his mouth and throat from his mad-dash across Helovia... And savored the coolness that settled in the pit of his stomach, replacing the previous feeling of sick anxiety.

It was only when he was sure his lungs would collapse from holding his breath for so long did Vincent pull his head back out of the stream, letting water dribble from his mouth, tongue lolling about and savoring every single droplet of liquid. Heaven. It was Heaven... At least, until golden oculars spotted the figure a hare's breath downstream. White and spotted, and so incredibly tiny with billowing wings upon her fine, dainty shoulders... But she instilled nothing but terror once again. How long had she been there?!

The giant, a powerhouse of strength and raw muscle, a stallion all of nineteen hands, froze like a deer in the face of a predator, nostrils flaring as a mighty snort pushed itself from his breast. He would not speak... Could not speak.

No... No, not again. Please, not again. His heart couldn't take it.

"S-s-s..." He tried to speak, but nothing came out save a croaking, worn stutter. "St... S-stay b-b-b-ba-a... Ack."

@[Myrrine]

Well if I don't surface soon I may never
And say farewell to this odyssey
reference

I raised myself.
My legs were weak.
I prayed my mind be good to me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Can Become of Me is Only Greatness - by Vincent - 01-09-2015, 10:51 AM