Watermel0nBob
M
Y
R
R
I
N
E

Oh, he was a skittish one. As soon as she had spoken he was reeling back in absolute terror. In an attempt to bring comfort to his tortured soul, she took another step back, keeping her head in the same position, her smile unwavering to show him she truly meant how she felt. The golden marking upon his eyes seemed to begin glowing, as did his brilliantly metallic eyes. It caused her own eyes to widen, not out of fear, but fascination and curiosity. What power swelled within him that caused such a feat to occur. Swinging her head to the left, she noticed that her beautiful sun had finally risen, basking them in gentle morning light, and giving her wings a soft sheen that caused her to radiate in an almost angelic glow. She took this moment to close her eyes, to embrace its warmth and let it comfort her frail bones. But she was snapped out of her daydream when words began to escape the gentle giant once again. Instantly she was attentive, ears pricked and eyes focused only on him, their kindness unwavering. With much effort, he finally offered her his name. Vincent.

A breakthrough, one she was relieved to have come across. A soft exhale escaped her, smile showing her relief and warmth as she answered him in her gentle tones, making sure to keep it even and soft,"It's a pleasure to meet you Vincent. My name is Myrrine. Your eyes, they're very beautiful. I wish mine would glow like yours!" Then she giggled, letting the bright chimes leave her lips and into the fresh air. She remained in her place, but she decided she could life her dainty skull off the floor, and look at him full on.

She only hoped that this bold move of hers wouldn't cause him to flee, for she wanted more than anything for him to stay, to for once feel at peace. The look in his eyes, the way his body moved, all of it was a clear sign that his life had not been an easy one. She couldn't help but relate to some extent. Yes, her life had been miniscule compared to his, but a lot had been packed into those six months of her life. Her parents had left her to die as soon as she had been born. Her father wasn't even there at birth. Her mother had been kind enough to give her a name thankfully, before letting her sit to rot. Her only saving grace had been the kind, grey mare who took her in, fed her milk and loved her for who she was. Her blue eyes would forever be imprinted in Myrrine's memory. How sad she had been the first few days she had arrived here, having lost not one, but two mothers.

She was gone, in the world she had come from, left to wonder where her beloved child had run off to. Had she cried like she had? Had she refused to eaten for days, lying about in the fields they had once frolicked, wishing something would come and just kill her off? The thoughts almost caused tears to well in her eyes, but she fought them away, to save for another time. She had more important issues to deal with at the moment, and she didn't know what would happen should Vincent see her sorrow. Would it drive him away too? Letting her mind return to reality, a soft, albeit slightly shaky breath escaped her tiny lungs, before she finally looked back at the pond before them. Taking the time to press her dainty hoof in its depths, she waited, trying to figure out the temperature. A squeal escaped her once he iciness ran up her limb, and she stepped away from the water source instantly.

She looked at the colossal form next to her, eyes filled with fear within themselves. Had her abrupt noise startled him? Had she finally scared him off? Moving to the side to show him she would continue to keep her distance, she dipped her head politely, forcing a sheepish smile upon her features, all in an attempt to hide the worry,"I'm sorry. The water is just very cold. I don't know if it will be cold for you, so maybe we should wait before cleaning up. That is, if you want me to help." Suddenly she felt embarrassed, assuming that this man would let a little foal help him take a simple bath. Her head found its way behind one of her legs shyly, refusing to make eye contact with him. She felt rather stupid now. Her desire to help him had made her come off as a mother hen, and to most stallions that would bruise their ego quite a bit. She had no intention of belittling him, she had only wanted to show that someone could care about him too. It's not like she'd be able to groom much, especially since their size difference was gargantuan in itself. But she would try, perhaps nibble at his feathers to sort out the dirt, rub against his legs like a sponge to let the dirt break away. Anything, she would do anything, all to make him feel better.

Text
Thought
"Speech"

OOC: This is what I needed in my life, I just didn't know it yet.
TAG: @[Vincent]
WC: 878
Image Credit
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Can Become of Me is Only Greatness - by Myrrine - 01-10-2015, 01:05 PM