the Rift

[OPEN] Making the Rounds

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

Say you love me to my face, I need it more than your embrace

Just say you want me, that’s all it takes
I wasn’t quite sure why Resplendence would feel the need to fear me, but the catch in her voice and the way she cowered made me think that I’d done something to frighten her. I didn't try to make up for the distance between us and instead nodded quietly as she related the bounties of her trade. I certainly didn't try to press her for more and instead guided my stare back toward Alysanne in hopes that she would be able to remedy the situation before things got out of hand. I wasn’t aware of Resplendence’s tolerance threshold and guidance of any form would greatly help in shaping the rest of our conversation. However, I was quite taken aback when she admitted to growing poison in her garden… I had a hard time swallowing the image of innocence and death merged together on one spoon. In a way, I was left feeling surprised and enamored simultaneously. Perhaps the Edge had developed a bite that I’d been unaware of and when tested, she would defend her honor quietly.

Then I trust their application is in capable hands,” I replied softly. “I’d love for you to show me the garden someday soon,” I added on a shallow breath. While I was quite entranced by the idea of a poisonous plant growing right here in the Edge, I was quickly diverted from the task by the soft rumbling of what appeared to be a small owl. I’d nearly missed his presence, despite the fact that he was perched atop Resplendence’s poll and more than worthy of introduction. I glanced quickly to the fowl before smiling at him and Alysanne in turn. Were it not for the curious eyes gazing back at me from behind a single rose-colored ear, I would have thought Resplendence an isolated individual. However, she did seem to possess a natural talent for attracting any and every creature to her side… or head, if one wanted to see it that way.

With a soft smile still turning my lips, I shifted back toward Alysanne in hopes of reviving the tense conversation. True to her nature, she was all optimism and happiness, and true to mine, I gladly latched on to the bone she'd tossed. “I’m sure that you will continue to find new things to marvel… Helovia is an ever-changing land and one that I am glad to call home,” I related jovially. I was glad for Alysanne’s ability to mediate and counsel Resplendence through whatever troubles she seemed to suffer. I hated to imagine such a stunning creature would be so plagued by anxiety or fear… Perhaps that was why the Moon Doctor felt the need to accompany her in her endeavors, though I was surprised to hear that Resplendence was actually the one doing the teaching.

If Alysanne had learned from her friend how to tend the herb garden, then why was I compelled to think it was the other way around? Surely Resplendence’s talent and wit would give her something to be prideful about… Then again, how was I to know much of anything? I’d been gone for far too long and I’d neglected to expand my horizons upon my return. For that, I was guilty… but I prayed that I would continue to learn of my family and their diverse cultures. Perhaps it would be a good way of regaining my own confidence... “Most certainly! I don’t think it would hurt me to learn a few of the herbs. Besides, I think it could be useful…” I smiled in response to Alysanne. With a shy glance cocked toward Resplendence, I attempted to silently plead for her approval. If anything, she couldn’t exactly say no to a curious man like myself.

After all, I was definitely not a threat to her... In fact, I was supposed to be her friend.

I promise I’ll try not to butcher their names as long as you promise to teach me a healing salve,” I stated with a grin now directed at both mares. As long as the offer was on the table, the least I could do was indulge them and myself. I had acquired a magic for healing mental instabilities, so why not learn a few tricks to go with it?
Thor & Evangeline
I want to feel burning flames when you say my name

@[Alysanne] @[Resplendence]

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Making the Rounds - by Alysanne - 12-30-2014, 11:16 PM
RE: Making the Rounds - by Thor - 01-01-2015, 12:59 PM
RE: Making the Rounds - by Resplendence - 01-03-2015, 02:41 AM
RE: Making the Rounds - by Alysanne - 01-03-2015, 10:43 PM
RE: Making the Rounds - by Thor - 01-10-2015, 01:38 PM
RE: Making the Rounds - by Resplendence - 01-17-2015, 12:11 AM
RE: Making the Rounds - by Alysanne - 01-28-2015, 11:29 PM