Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

THOR the Gentle Heart

Holy water cannot help you now
A thousand armies couldn't keep me out
I don't want your money, I don't want your crown
See, I've come to burn your kingdom down

I’d imagined this fight quite differently; in fact I’d seen myself an equal opponent. But the taste of imminent defeat did not sit well upon my tongue. Instead I was left with the cruel flavor of iron and blood that was strong enough to turn my stomach. I had done many foolish things in life, but I’d been too adamant and foolhardy to admit that this day might be one of them. When would I be allowed reprieve? When would I be forgiven?

I only hoped that I would see the “light” after I’d been shrouded in shadow for so long. My heart had been shattered and the pieces couldn’t seem to find their way back to position… I feared I would always remain changed. Perhaps I’d grown too weak for redemption… too scarred for recovery.

I felt as though everything had been robbed of me. But had I not been the cause of such misery? I had betrayed my daughter. I had betrayed my family. I had betrayed Tamira… the list was unending. Perhaps it was time to face what fate deemed me proper compensation for every fake promise, every wonderful lie.

Heat from the sands swelled up around me once again and I had a hard time fighting the fatigue that followed shortly after. How was I supposed to walk away from this with my head held high? How was I supposed to face Evangeline knowing that I’d failed her? I suppose it was safe to say that I feared reality the most… I’d come in Cetan’s stead but I’d proved nothing- earned nothing. My body was heavy, almost too heavy to carry anymore. But this was it, my final act. How did one fall gracefully from the heavens into hell?

I’d been so close to latching onto the stallion’s underside but once again fate head dealt me a fatal blow. Nothing had ever been given easily to me and even in the name of justice I fought for nothing. I’d come, I’d tried, and I’d failed. What would I have to show for it?

There it was again! That resounding notion that I’d done all of this for nothing!

An anguished cry fought its way past my bruised lips. I had nothing left to give… My heart had been frozen one too many times and now all I could do was stand before Thranduil, baffled by my own grim destiny. Perhaps he’d be kind enough to end it all for me right here, right now.

The stallion had stumbled right and away from my attack and though I couldn’t quite tell how the heat of the arena affected him, I hoped that it sapped at his resources. After all, mine had waned some time ago in the wake of disappointment and obvious wounds. When I chanced a precious glance to the setting sun, I was surprise to find it had retreated so quickly. How long had I stood before Thranduil? Seconds, minutes, hours? Did it even matter?

After all, the end result was the same.

I couldn’t be sure which way the stallion had chosen to go but before he managed to escape my bite we had been parallel to one another, our eyes seeking different directions. I attempted to step forward in order to keep my body in motion but the pain that ignited angrily in response slowed me down. I groaned from the sheer exhaustion of dealing with both fatigue and injury, but this was my last stand- my last mark on the history of the day.

As if I’d skipped from one moment to the next, I was caught off guard by the burning pain of horns parting the flesh upon my stomach. It was like I had fled my own being in order to watch as the heat pooled at the seams and melted the ties that connected muscle to skin. A chaotic scream ripped from within, one I was almost surprised had come from my own lungs. I faltered and lunged forward, if only at the mercy of adrenaline that masked immediate pain. However, I feared what kind of wound Thranduil had left… I feared that my former wishes might just come true.

In hopes that the collision would allow me time to gather my bearings for one last attack, I lumbered forward and arched left in an attempt to meet the other stallion in a perpendicular fashion. If he remained within striking distance, I sought to leave him with one final memory of our short time together. Though the strain in my ankle and stomach allowed no clemency, I forced them to comply in the event that I’d have to give chase. I wanted to sink teeth one last time into the stallion’s mane, taking the long threads with me.

Word Count: 800
Attack: 4/4
Summary: Thor takes Thranduil’s hit and lunges forward. He then arches around left to come back toward him perpendicularly if only to rip out some of his mane for later remembrance.
Injuries: Long gouge along the left side of his stomach, strained ankle, cuts on left hip, cuts on back
OOC: If it’s okay with Hawk and if the attack hits, I’d like to take some of Thranduil’s mane in loving memory of this awful fight.
image credits
table by whit
@[Thranduil]

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Dragon Fire [Cetan Challenge] - by Thranduil - 12-31-2014, 12:03 PM
RE: Dragon Fire [x Cetan] - by Thor - 12-31-2014, 10:50 PM
RE: Dragon Fire [Cetan Challenge] - by Thranduil - 01-02-2015, 03:09 PM
RE: Dragon Fire [Cetan Challenge] - by Thor - 01-02-2015, 10:28 PM
RE: Dragon Fire [Cetan Challenge] - by Thranduil - 01-05-2015, 06:32 PM
RE: Dragon Fire [Cetan Challenge] - by Thor - 01-05-2015, 11:26 PM
RE: Dragon Fire [Cetan Challenge] - by Thranduil - 01-07-2015, 02:06 PM