the Rift

Why do we wander?

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik the Bloodskald

Let us move a mountain

So many, many newcomers filtered through the lens of the Threshold in springtime - possibly why Torleik found himself there so much, weaving his way through this forest with its newly invigorated trees, the blooming flours and berried bushes. Bumbling bees buzzed about, knocking themselves to and fro since their almost circular form, by all accounts, should not have been able to take flight; birds with the busiest of wings flitted from flower to flower, slaking their insatiable thirst with nectar from the petals, pure, divine sugar.

Such bustle and life, when but a month ago, everything was cold and barren. Could one's own life change so quickly? The viking didn't know it could do so for the better...but it couldn't certainly come apart at the seams in an instant. Casually wandering, the Bloodskald snacked here and there on fresh grass and edible berries, keeping a mental and physical eye on Irelyn from time to time. Not that it was all that necessary - she was out of reach of most, if not all of the predators they'd ever encountered in Helovia once she had firmly ensconced herself in the branches and boughs of the trees.

As was the usual experience, her tiny little voice broke through their comfortable mental silence. However, this time, the phrase uttered was strange.

'Huge monster unicorn!'

What?

Torleik's head lifted languidly from the ground, thinking there was no way an actual monster was here in Helovia's Threshold. Silently, he followed his companion's mental directions, her little body urging him on with an invisible pull through their bond, taking him to see this hulking beast. And in truth, she was not incorrect, for when he found the one she spoke of, he was beastly. His stature was just a hair shorter than that of the Basin General's, but the new stallion's width felt twice his own and his musculature put him at the same level of solidity as a cluster of these surrounding trees.

"Greetings, traveler," began the rune-horned demon. "I've not seen you around this place before. Are you new? In search of a home, perhaps?" Torleik hoped this hulking bundle of muscle was friendly. If it came to a spar, he could out-maneuver this bulwark of a stallion, but it would be a painful clash indeed.

@[Grimalkin]

"talk talk talk"

OOC: Just as an aside, maybe this is me, but I had trouble reading the white font on your table - I had to highlight it to be able to see it :(

Art by valerie911 @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Why do we wander? - by Grimalkin - 01-01-2015, 03:01 AM
RE: Why do we wander? - by Torleik - 01-01-2015, 02:19 PM
RE: Why do we wander? - by Grimalkin - 01-02-2015, 02:23 AM
RE: Why do we wander? - by Torleik - 01-03-2015, 10:08 PM
RE: Why do we wander? - by Grimalkin - 01-05-2015, 08:56 PM
RE: Why do we wander? - by Erebos - 01-10-2015, 07:57 PM