the Rift

Why do we wander?

Grimalkin Posts: 50
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 4 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Whit
Movement drew the gaze of the stallion, who looked carefully at this new information provided to him by the little griffin. Sharp, green eyes pierced the early morning light to consider whether this avian feline would prove a threat, though all it seemed to do was flit amongst the trees - perhaps it was startled to see him. A wry grin curved the corner of his maw, it was not unusual for those outside of his family to find him intimidating - even if he was still technically growing, his full potential not yet filled out, but the promise of what was to come certainly was. His neck and rump contained the most muscles - neck and shoulder needed the bulk to carry the vast antlers that rested behind his ears, and his haunches needed to propel the weight of his bones and body. The rest was still filling in, bulking out - it was the curse of his heavy breeding, to grow so slowly, but with that slow and steady growth, came the guarantee of great strength.

The steed continued forward, amusement glittering behind his eyes as his ears alerted him to the approach of another, this time a ground-dweller. With a small nod, Grimalkin assessed his opponent swiftly and without reconsideration, his gaze drinking what he needed to of his appearance while his ears swallowed the sounds crafted by the beast's tongue just as instantly. His assessment was carefully guarded in the recesses of his mind, his expression showing mild curiosity and an openness to continue conversing with this creature who held at least enough intelligence to string some words together. Grim's footsteps had halted as the other had begun talking, though his deep, burnt hide rippled still beneath the dappled rays of sunlight trickling through the canopy.

"One of the things you say is true." The stallion's voice was not the deepest nor most gravelly voice to exist, but it was thick with an accent associated with the continent of Russia; another world away, merely a reference for the vocals that fell from his carefully manipulated tongue and lips. The smirk that had begun when the griffin had first appeared grew now, a small, polite smile given with the purpose of soothing any worries his appearance might have caused; yes, he was 'friendly', at least in the sense that he did not mean this stallion and his companion harm, at this moment. "Perhaps you could tell me which." He added, before the silence stretched on so long that the situation became awkward and he was forced to put into motion a different action, a different course, to the one currently presented to him. Perhaps he would do that anyway; but not now -later.

[ OOC :: @ [Torleik] Hope that is a bit better? It's just a temp table until I can be bothered coming up with something more interesting anyway lol. Thanks for the reply! <3]
colourize-stock & larfsalot @deviantart

please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
I write what I feel at the time
and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
Why do we wander? - by Grimalkin - 01-01-2015, 03:01 AM
RE: Why do we wander? - by Torleik - 01-01-2015, 02:19 PM
RE: Why do we wander? - by Grimalkin - 01-02-2015, 02:23 AM
RE: Why do we wander? - by Torleik - 01-03-2015, 10:08 PM
RE: Why do we wander? - by Grimalkin - 01-05-2015, 08:56 PM
RE: Why do we wander? - by Erebos - 01-10-2015, 07:57 PM
RE: Why do we wander? - by Torleik - 01-12-2015, 12:32 AM