the Rift

Why do we wander?

Grimalkin Posts: 50
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 4 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Whit
It was only as the nearness of their forms was realised that the great brute noticed the strangeness of the stallion before him. Emerald pools glanced to the footprints of the steed, where small patches of ice lingered for but a moment before vanishing beneath the heat of the season. A single brow raised as Grim digested the information; apparently magic runs through the veins of these creatures, he reflected upon his homeland, where magic was obtained mostly from the environment around them. He accepted this new information swiftly though; he would need all the information he could get should he decide to continue past this Threshold and into the lands this Torleik called Helovia.

The smile upon his maw became more genuine as the steed before him proved to hold more than a mere handful of brain cells; he actually attempted to riddle out the few words Grim had spoken, and came very near to what the burnt steed thought was a perfect response. Truth indeed was a relative thing to behold; what was true for one soul might not be true for another. There were some things that truth could not be denied - like the blueness of the sky or the greenness of spring grass - but certainly the truth could also be foggy and blurred, bent to suit the needs of the speaker.

"Grimalkin," he obliged in parting with his name - at least, part of his name. The steed had a true name, one that defined his very soul, and he would not part with that so easily. Where he came from, true names shared were a sign of complete trust and intimacy; only his mother knew his, a matter for which he was grateful, for she never deigned to use it against him.

"Truth is almost always relative." He began in his smooth tones. "I did not say that everything need be false for the on thing to be true." He added, his smile turning somewhat wry as he considered and reconsidered the runed stallion before him. Power emanated from him, he was older than Grimalkin by some years and an athlete too; the burnt palomino wisely decided he would respect this one who was his superior when it came to knowledge of these new lands. And in the same brainwave, he also decided that he would linger within this Helovia, to see what he could gleam of the realm, to see whether he could make something of himself, whether he could leave a mark of his greatness upon the lands. To do any of that, he needed to make friends, to learn and live and grow; hence his next words.

"Indeed, I am a traveller, and you say you have not seen me before; two truths so far. I am new to these lands but an old hand at many other things. And yes, a home would be a welcome change to my wandering ways." Here he bowed his giant cranium, dipping his chin to bump it against his chest, his antlers bowing down with him. Muscles coiled beneath the dark palomino pelt as he raised his crown once more to a height just above the level of his bulky withers. "Perhaps you could tell me more of the place you call home." he posed his question more as more as a statement, but with gentle enough tones that it did not sound too demanding; merely overly curious.

[ OOC :: @[Torleik] ]
colourize-stock & larfsalot @deviantart

please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
I write what I feel at the time
and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
Why do we wander? - by Grimalkin - 01-01-2015, 03:01 AM
RE: Why do we wander? - by Torleik - 01-01-2015, 02:19 PM
RE: Why do we wander? - by Grimalkin - 01-02-2015, 02:23 AM
RE: Why do we wander? - by Torleik - 01-03-2015, 10:08 PM
RE: Why do we wander? - by Grimalkin - 01-05-2015, 08:56 PM
RE: Why do we wander? - by Erebos - 01-10-2015, 07:57 PM