the Rift

Why do we wander?

Grimalkin Posts: 50
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 4 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Whit
"Not at all," the beast conceded to the shortened moniker, pleased with himself to have earned such in so short amount of time. He had been called all sorts of things; his true name was the only one he did not want others muttering about as they fancy. It held too much power over him; should they utter it with a command, his choice of whether to accept or deny the command was forfeit, he became, essentially, a slave. It was far more acceptable for him to be called almost anything else; and it wasn't the first time someone had thought to shorten his name in that way.

Crashing and thrashing announced the arrival of another, and instinctively Grimalkin's posture stiffened, his ears pressed forward, the tips scraping against the underside of his antlers, his keen emerald gaze penetrating the forest to find - a foal. Immediately the behemoth relaxed once more, his coiled muscles unwinding so that instead of a great stone statue, he appeared much more softer. Children were not something he had great experience with, having been merely a yearling when he was ushered out of his birth herd, having only glimpsed his newest sibling before he began life as a bachelor, wandering, exploring, travelling wherever his whims took him. The youth before them was exuberant, excited and very energetic; Grim allowed an amused smirk to cross his features as he studied the reaction Torleik posed to the child. It was curiosity, to be sure, but what was the warrior curious about? Was the child his own? They certainly shared herdlands; that much was evident from the foal's proclamations of the land's greatness.

The behemoth offers a kind smile for the youth, bowing his head low so that he might peer directly into the child's cerulean pools. "Thank you, young sir. I'm Grim," his smooth, Russian tones replied warmly to the colt, easily offering the shortened version of his name Torleik seemed to prefer.The warrior deigned to speak once more, and he listened without distraction to the details of the land, and laughed a low, short chuckle at the mention of cold. With his meaty flesh and thick pelt, he hardly needed to worry about getting a chill - but he appreciated the sentiment the other stallion meant to give.

"I'd be glad for a home amidst your chilly halls." Deep, yet not overly so, voice intoned, accepting the other's compliment with an easy, humble nod of his titanic crown. Grimalkin knew who he was, and Torleik had begun to scratch at the surface of it. Perhaps in time, more of the sooty behemoth would be uncovered. For now, he was pleased enough to have assurances of a home, however long that lasted for. He suspected the realm of Helovia had many more secrets hidden within its mysterious halls, and he silently promised himself to learn of them all.

[ OOC :: @[Torleik] @[Erebos] If possible, could he enter sneak class, impersonator/phantom? :3 ]
colourize-stock & larfsalot @deviantart

please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
I write what I feel at the time
and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
Why do we wander? - by Grimalkin - 01-01-2015, 03:01 AM
RE: Why do we wander? - by Torleik - 01-01-2015, 02:19 PM
RE: Why do we wander? - by Grimalkin - 01-02-2015, 02:23 AM
RE: Why do we wander? - by Torleik - 01-03-2015, 10:08 PM
RE: Why do we wander? - by Grimalkin - 01-05-2015, 08:56 PM
RE: Why do we wander? - by Erebos - 01-10-2015, 07:57 PM
RE: Why do we wander? - by Torleik - 01-12-2015, 12:32 AM