Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
C
I
R
R
U
S
The child remains silent, and the cloud is almost grateful for it.

Almost.

She wanted someone to shatter her world, to open it up, to shake her until she could recover from this mess. She needed something to happen that would challenge her, give her a purpose - or perhaps she just needed someone. The passivity of this child did nothing to quench the storm of negativity, self-pity and doubt brewing within the cloud, if anything it merely confirmed everything Cirrus had just said; it'll never be okay again.

Then something happened. Something shattered the silence, the melancholy, the complete and utter resignation to her path. Without her even willing it, her ears flicked towards this stranger - but she wasn't a complete stranger, was she? The blue and black mare triggered memories of her bonded, of laughing through this very location as she and others flocked around a new stallion. Cirrus could not even recall his name, nor this new mare's; all she could think of was that Sitka had been there and now he wasn't.

The girl swallowed hard, forcing the sob that had attempted to rise out of her throat down. Her attention is captured by this unnamed amazon princess, her thoughts so internalised she does not even notice the extra weight the mare carries, the impending pregnancy that is sure to come. The girl's eyes settle upon the feathers within Ampere's mane instead, but she does not hear the bell tolling recognition with her mind over the sound of the mare's offer. Though it was not an offer of a home, Cirrus knew the Throat; she had been born there, raised there, healed there.

And suddenly, the girl knew what she had to do.

"Yes," she says abruptly, raising her head and stepping forward. The day that was overcast and dreary suddenly became bright and comfortable, a cool breeze drifting through the area as the sun warmed their coats. The cloud's coat suddenly became a dazzling array of blue and sunshine, with clouds trickling along its edges.

"The Dragon's Throat," she nodded as she said so, enthusiastic about it now. "I will go there." Without forgetting the filly that had originally joined her, she turns and offers the girl a smile. "Thanks," she says, before looking to the now-noticeably plump mare. "I know the way," she adds with a wink, before turning and taking to the skies, the wind filling her broad wingspan, her trajectory decidedly southern as she feels something she had not dared feel in so very long.

Hope.

[ OOC :: @[Spice] @[Ampere] sorry for skipping Spice, just wanted to keep things moving along. Will post Cirrus to the Throat next >__> ]
Image Credit
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    On the cusp - by Cirrus - 01-01-2015, 05:31 AM
    RE: On the cusp - by Spice - 01-01-2015, 06:10 AM
    RE: On the cusp - by Cirrus - 01-05-2015, 07:18 PM
    RE: On the cusp - by Ampere - 01-10-2015, 08:28 PM
    RE: On the cusp - by Cirrus - 01-14-2015, 08:07 PM
    RE: On the cusp - by Spice - 01-14-2015, 09:16 PM