Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd
It's not hard to live like a ghost.
I just haunt all that I wanted, and leave what I don't.</style>

Back.

Gaucho had returned back to the Sky Island. His senses told him that the area was vacated, but his mind told him that this was not true, as did Mara. He had not returned to the Sun God. Not yet. Gaucho was very nearly done with his quest, but before he would allow himself to turn in and release himself from the bonds of his assignment, he needed to ensure he had taken advantage of every aspect of his handicaps.

Why had he returned to the Island? Because it was where the murders first began. Like many others, Gaucho often looked for clues here that perhaps were overlooked in previous searches. Anything to give him an advantage and stop these horrendous crimes from reoccurring. However he had come here specifically at this time to spar in these exact conditions: more or less blind, in the arena where the first murder had occurred. Or at least, where they had found the body of Vesta.

If this murder spree was to end with some final battle, it might not wait for his quest to end. Should the God of the Sun be busy (for Gaucho however loyal and blessed by the fiery deity was not so haughty as to assume the God would descend at his every call), Gaucho could not risk being ignorance of his weaknesses. He had sparred with Meg and learned much about what difficulties his lack of sight brought, and just how flimsy his mental communication with Mara proved to be with regards to projecting images. That had been a good first step, but it was not enough.

Snorting, Gaucho moved easily into the arena. Mara confirmed that it was empty, but the dun hoped that it wouldn't be for long. His skin seemed to itch with the uncertainty of who could be lingering around him. Although Mara's silver head constantly swiveled, taking in the arena and vowing to let Gaucho know if anyone entered, it felt ... vague. Like he was seeing through a window instead of being outside. It was a barrier that was unsettling and unnerving.

Set during phase 3 of Gaucho's quest! @[Bucephalus]

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs

He was back on the island, exploring it's offerings. This was the place he had been attacked. The place where the murders began. It made the feathers between his wings mantle in agitation, and try as he might they would not be soothed down. His instincts knew better. This island, a gift from the gods..was cursed.

Or, the closest he knew to it. Regardless the Morningstar had made the trip here with much inner debate. Altan was the voice of reason, urging him to stay the hell away from the floating isle and it's potential dangers. But Bucephalus quelled his true self's pesterings and flown anyway to the island, and thus, here he was, walking among trees and tents. He saw few, and greeted those he passed with a dip of the head, regardless of their temperment. Buce doubted he'd see most of these faces enough to warrant introductions.

However, it wasn't until his feet felt the earth change to sand that he spied an all-too familiar face. "Gaucho? What brings you here?" He called out, then paused, unsure which of the phases of his quest the dun was going through. So he approached, and stuck out a wing and waved it in front of his Sultan's face. Then he flinched, realizing that could be taken as incredibly rude, and he re-folded his wing, gaze flickering over Gaucho.

"And how goes your quest?" A twig snapping had the black at attention, head snapping in the direction of the sound with ears pricked sharp and nostrils trembling. He waited a few seconds, then shook himself mentally and physically, eyeing the area of the snap with paranoid irritation. Gods above he hated this place. It got under his skin. This entire isle was not natural. At all.

Word Count:296 Tags:@[Gaucho]

Please tag Bucephalus in all posts.
Any force is allowed against short of death.

Pixel by Aud
Ascended Helovian

Bucccce comesssss Mara hissed, pulling heavily to the right to try and swing Gaucho's head around in the direction she was mentally indicating. Were Gaucho's neck not quite so thickly muscled, she might easily have pulled a muscle there on more than one occasion, the way her silvery body seemed to throw itself from side to side. Snorting, Gaucho's body followed the movement of his skull, although he saw nothing. The arena looked just as he had previously thought until - there! He could plainly see the impact of Buce's hooves as they pushed upon the nearly compact sands.

Gaucho squared himself to where the disruptions in the sand was coming from. Dark ears flickered at the sound of Buce's query. "Gaucho look for clues. Maybe murderer come back here." He replied, his voice deep and resonant. As Buce's wing flapped in front of his face causing a slightly breeze, Gaucho's head shot upwards slightly as Mara poked her head through his forelock hissing at the black stallion. Her fangs dripped with venom as she snapped her mouth shut angrily. "Don't do that." Gaucho commanded tersely. Either with or without his sight he could still seriously injure the black.

"Gaucho not able to see. Can see sand and arena and clouds and trees, but not things with souls." His dark tail flickered against his barred hocks. What would his Chancellor think of such a thing?"Mara help Gaucho see. Gaucho not like it. But maybe Sun God testing Gaucho so ... " His shoulders shrugged as if to say what're-you-gonna-do, as his stormy gaze focused intently on the place he believed Bucephalus to be. What he was going to do was prove to himself and to the Sun God that he was able to complete the tasks given to him. More than that, he was going to ensure that he was able to protect his herd while doing it.

"We go to HiddenFalls. Find Midas and their masons. Asks for item. Midas will help." The dun continued, speaking with reference to the herds group quest now, rather than his own. He didn't believe Buce had met Midas (although they bore the exact same colour pallet), but if he was going to remain as Chancellor of the Throat, it was high time that he did.

Set during phase 3 of Gaucho's quest! @[Bucephalus]

Image Credits

Ears flicked back when Gaucho's serpent hissed at him, and his eyes narrowed dangerously, a flash of irrational anger flooding his gaze for a brief second. 'Do not test me. I've killed plenty of your kin.' He knew not of the bond between companion and horse, thus had no qualms about attacking a snake that threatened him. However his ears flicked forward at Gaucho's words, and he didn't bother with gestures of apologies.

"Pardons, i wasn't sure what part of your quest you were on." He hummed, eyeing the arena. "If i was to kill someone, i wouldn't come back to the scene of my original crime... unless i did so knowing folk would expect me to show up but also to not show up. Confusion would be the murderer's best friend." Experience. If Gaucho were to ask if the black had killed, he would answer, and name each life he stole and the family they left behind. It wasn't a source of pride, but neither regret. Their deaths...had been necessary.

He listened to Gaucho as he spoke, both listening and thinking. However the revelation that the snake, Mara, was somehow helping Gaucho see caught his attention, and he turned his head towards the dun, ears pricked. Interesting. Okay, he couldn't resist. Bucephalus grinned and stuck out his tongue, wiggling it before pulling it back. Okay, serious time again. "No doubt he's testing you. Your resolve, ability to handle what you plan to do." He mimicked the dun's shrug. "I personally doubt such a think as blindness will stop you, especially since it's temporary... which it is, right?" Better make sure. With Arvakl's earth-shattering news.... He had a feeling his metaphorical hands would be full.

When Gaucho gave the order that they were to go to the Hidden Falls, Bucephalus immediately perked up. "Truly? This will be interesting... Elsa of the Falls was fixing to take me to her home before Ampere swooped in. I believe she said she was a Mason." Then he mulled Midas's name over, picking through his memories for the face associated with it. "I've only met Midas once or twice while recruiting in the Threshold. He seems...honorable. Polite. Rather interested to meet him more in-depth." He was musing aloud now, but didn't particularly care as he paced, deep in thought.

A trip to the Falls... wait. "Hold on, what about the herd?" He frowned then. Not that he didn't trust the Throat to be fine with his and Gaucho's absence for a few days... okay, half-truth. He didn't trust any other herd to mess with the Throat while their leads were absent. Seemed too ripe of an opportunity. And with the tensions with the Basin, the murders... It sent a wave of agitation through him, and he began his pacing anew, ears pinned back. Ampere could watch the Throat... but again, outside influences. Gaucho was the greatest defense between the Throat and threats...and he couldn't see a living soul!

A mere season ago he couldn't care less about the Throat. Now here he was pacing like an anxious hen over an egg about leaving them for a few days. The absurdity of it paused his steps, and made a laugh escape his dark lips. "Look at me overreacting. Sun and Wind..." He shook his head, looking back to Gaucho. "Er, i'm overreacting, right?"

Word Count:561 Tags:@[Gaucho]

Pixel by Aud
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho shrugged. He didn't know the mind of the murderer, but if he was the one doing the murdering he doubted he would leave a discernible trail to follow. Nothing was easier to spot than a pattern, especially when it was already suspected. Keeping things random would be how he would do it. No forethought, no planning. The thought was oddly comforting in fact. If the murderer were anything like him, it meant that the targets were haphazardly chosen. While their deaths were meaningless they also didn't suggest any ulterior motives or hidden agenda. Right now that's what Gaucho needed, to believe that his herd wasn't systematically being attacked. Yet with the recent attempts by the Basin ... Sighing, he shook his head, looking at the invisible Buce.

Mara, was more than happy to show that she was very capable of watching what was happening in the world, and acting for both she and her bonded. As Buce's tongue left his mouth, Mara left her perch in Gaucho's antlers. Her tail was still coiled tightly around one spine, but her body streaked away from Gaucho's skull like liquid silver. Her teeth snapped shut just inches from Buce's face, venom dripping down her steely chin as she retracted backwards, mouth still wide and hissing. Gaucho only smirked affectionately.
"Mara very aware. She see everything and then Gaucho see it in his mind." As if to prove this point, he rather comically stuck his tongue out as well as Mara fully returned to her place in Gaucho's antlers.

"Yes temporary. Gaucho want to spar one more time when blind like this before returning to Sun God." He responded. As Buce spoke of Elsa, Gaucho grunted in recognition. He knew Elsa well - she was the mate of Oxy one of his only friends - and was helping him gather clues regarding the murderer. She had fallen pregnant lately and so had been absent but ... she proved herself useful. "Gaucho know Elsa. And Midas obviously." Bucephalus knew Midas used to lead the Throat previously didn't he? Honestly, with the loss of his senses he was starting to think that perhaps the Sun God had taken some of his memories too.

"Ampere protect Throat. Hector and Meg too. They all strong." A very pregnant Ampere. Gaucho would be the one to make her Gladiator and then almost immediately get her pregnant. With a grunt, he mentally shook his head. Ampere still had her magic, and Hector and Meg were more than capable of defending their borders. The Falls weren't so far away, and with Midas' help they should be able to have an item and return home within a few days.

Image Credits

That was it. He was going to /kill/ that snake. When Mara lunged towards him, he reared up, hooves snapping out towards where she had been a second ago. Gods damn snakes. His ears were flat against his skull, and he hardly paid attention to the rather comical face Gaucho made, mimicking Buce. Nostrils flared and trembling, it was all he could do to not lunge for the serpent atop Gaucho's head. His ear twitched at Gaucho's words, and his eyes narrowed at the silver Mara. Fine.

He smoothed himself down, eyeing her with utter dislike before focusing his gaze on Gaucho. If she was necessary for Gaucho to see... he would ignore her. As much as it made his skin crawl to be near a snake that had come close to biting him, he would deal with it.

"Well, i'm always open for a rematch, especially with your handicap." He grinned at that. Even the odds a bit. The fact that Gaucho knew both Elsa and Midas was a reassuring one. "I don't doubt them Gaucho. It is everyone else." He said, glancing out across the island, ears flicked back and tail swishing anxiously. "I've lost too many of my family, don't want to loose my new one." He shook his head, then turned his gaze back to the dun.

"When shall we go visit our friendly allies?" He asked, rather excited now. Diplomacy was fun, either making allies or making enemies. And now, as Chancellor... he could truly throw his weight behind protecting what was his now. His family. So swiftly he had been vaulted into this position, but he loved it. Gaucho could be the brawn, the barricade that made threats hesitate. He was content with using his words, and when that failed... his stealth. It was his nature; threats to his person or family would die a slow, painful death. And he would enjoy every second. Even if his family frowned upon it.

Word Count:327 Tags:@[Gaucho]

Pixel by Aud