the Rift

Glorious We Transcend

Narcissus Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

He had left a world behind , had left a history and one by one things seemed to fall away - shake off and disappear with each step further away. Memories of people a foggy recollection now to fest in the back of his mind along with his anger that infected him like a disease. The only thing he could not shake no matter the distance away from the cause. Or the cause that Narcissus still blamed. Marrod was dead, but his ghost haunted his home and in his own thoughts and Gideon was if not just an irritation but a reminder as well. Everything was. His title was not his , but Marrods. The land not his , but Marrod's. HE was a ghost of his father. The spitting image and it was becoming harder to see his reflection and not see Marrod looking back. He WANTED to forget - a fool to believe like some child that the death of Marrod would bring him peace when in reality it only made this..festering and bitterness increase. He took away his only outlet to now allow his hate to build and fester like a wound. His reputation built on it. He wanted to forget , but that made all the more difficult by the two scars running horizontal and vertical along the left side of his face. Remembering just HOW they came to be , HOW one eye was beautiful like fire and slitted and the other a colorless abyss that barely saw the details in a picture. His left side was a weak side - everything nothing more than blurred and dull and it became a necessary habit to tuck the left side of his face away and look with his right. A deeper motivation to hide the scarring for he was not proud. Did not wear them like badges , but instead like blemishes.

A beast quite adept in hiding them away from sight , but smart enough to use them for..intimidation purposes. Knew how some before had gasped and found it hard to look at him. At this side atleast and on occasion a bit of extra shock was never harmful when persuading someone. But before...still was a subject in which Narcissus always bared his teeth and flared his nostrils at - in a home he knew it was known to never broach the subject , to never bring up the scars. He mused it would most likely not be as much a common courtesy to....where-ever it was he had gone. Crossing to much earth to keep up - leaving behind a shadow of a history. A lineage he no doubt believed would find him again as what was it they said? The past will always come back and Narcissus was still only running from it.

Picking his way through trees and over and pausing. It was not that he had never seen trees...but so many. So dense and he compared it to being like that of a prison , a cage almost. He came from a land of sand and desert. Of fire and stone - a land far off known for her homage to the earth , but Narcissus had never much left his home of sand. He seemed so much so...out of place.

THERE ARE GODS , BUT THERE IS NO GOD
AND ALL GODS BECOME DEVILS EVENTUALLY

Arya Posts: 50
Hidden Account
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 2
Minx
Hundred years, hundred more
Someday we may see a woman king, sword in hand.

Swing at some evil and bleed.

She hadn’t truly been home since her mother’s capture. Arya had listened to the tales her father spun of the Threshold and the newcomers that poured into it. The huntress strolled at a leisurely pace, her eyes scanning over the dense forest with the slightest bit of awe written over her face. Maybe it was unwise to romp about in places where strangers wandered that were ignorant of where they tread. She had simply viewed others from a distance, not trusting enough to wander close. It would be by accident that she wandered anywhere near the dark stallion. Her eyes had been focused upon a nest of young birds being fed and then all at once she saw a figure that was giant(in comparison to her own young height of course). She then of course took note of his sex and one ear flicked against her head.

“Hey,” She said, her tone sounding flat even to her own ears. “You’re in Helovia now… In the Threshold. I guess I'm the welcoming committee. You get a lot of that here. People like to fish around for recruits to their herd.” Why was she stopping to talk to some random tri-horned, scarred adult? Eh, maybe she could bring him home. It could be her way of showing the world she wasn’t helpless. The child had perished upon the snow all those weeks ago, and a huntress had risen. She could easily lure some stallion back home with her, even if it seemed bizarre that some filly was out recruiting for a home. The worlds rumbled off her tongue in a casual tone. Arya would make it seem completely normal for some random foal to approach some strange adult and declare they should come home with them. Damn, that was creepy when she put it that way.

walk walk walk "talk talk talk"
[ @[Narcissus]

Let me know if you'd like to be tagged or not<3. ]

• tag in opening posts only 
• violence/magic is permitted. maiming/death is not without prior permission

Unregistered

It was something to be surprised by a...child. He had gotten to use to the noisy approach of metal - the only child to ever approach him that of his own and that child had no skill in the act of quite. He had no use for it of course , for being unseen or unheard and being unheard was a concept he imagined his son would be confused by. This place was so silent - the silence an entire world apart from his own. "Helovia?" It was tasted on his tongue and eyes flicked around them as she continued to explain just WHAT this place...its' purpose. A receiving sort of grounds and bemusedly he thought his impression of another world was not so off. Only another world would have a gate so to speak to it. She spoke as if this was the only way in - the only point to come in , so...a door.

But scarred face turned back to the girl before him - memory of a daughter of his own barely even alive anymore. "And you are here to recruit me? A child of many talents then." His voice was a warm tone that left the impression of fire that he no longer possessed , but would always be with him in someway. So apart of his blood and body that it would never just leave. A tone that suggested something else besides the black beast before - a certain level of intelligence...of being more than just looks would suggest. But as well laced with a certain amount of amusement at his own words ; how lucky he must be to get both a welcome and offer if indeed that is what she thought she would accomplish. "Lovely wording as well. Are all so charmed with being compared to such? To a fish?" The tick of muscle just above an eye of red and orange might suggest the human act of raising a brow - a tilt of a horned skull and small step for-ward. ?And what happens if I decide to choose not your offer of recruitment?"

Whether or not he accepted or not was his own decision - privy to the answer of such to his own thoughts.

THERE ARE GODS , BUT THERE IS NO GOD
AND ALL GODS BECOME DEVILS EVENTUALLY

@[Arya]

/ Yesss - please tag me

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds

essetia & romul

Her heart spoke quietly to the thrumming rhythm of her mind, a silent song meant only for Romul’s ears as they once again surfaced from the darkness of the Threshold . It was no surprise that the pair had continued to live their lives in secret, their souls forever intertwined and unwilling to bend to the will of another. Yet, they responded to duty as any righteous creature might and abandoned their place in the Falls in order to see their ranks filled. After all, was this not the best time to recruit? In the wake of so many threats tied to the Aurora Basin, Essetia had come in search of capable bodies, a partner. That’s not to say that she expected to find her counterpart here in the claiming grounds, but it was certainly a start.

The Sleuth hadn’t mentioned her desire to see another Sleuth chosen to rise alongside her, but it would be a topic soon brought to light before Midas, her Czar. Everyone had chores that best suited their personality and yet not a single one of them had thought to expand their horizons- walk amongst the darkness. But was it truly darkness that bore her weight? Or was it loss and mourning that had compelled the Moon child to accept her cloak? Either way, a certain sense of grief and anger had kept her upon this mantle and it was time to seek out others to help her rise, a mutual relationship in which power was their object.

Essetia hadn’t come with the intention of replacing her hierarchy, but instead with the notion to improve it. Her heels were warm with worry in the wake of so many threats aimed at her chest by Basin spies, but it mattered little… she was a creature capable of honing her skills.

Perhaps that was why the Sleuth had come once again to toil in the muck, in search of some diamond in the rough. Many attempts had left her empty handed, at least as far as her Sneak ranks were concerned. It was a bit disconcerting to witness her many efforts fall between the cracks of near success, but it only served to nurture her brittle desire for more.

The warmth of Birdsong urged Romul to dart ahead between the trees and at times he yipped and cajoled with the scattering of rodent and rabbit alike. Essetia smiled after him for a time, but eventually veered from his haptic course in favor of trailing nearby conversation. Her ears tilted to the soft tunes, both vibrant and curious upon virgin gales. The Sleuth had not sought to invade the task of another, but the claiming grounds were so often a vicious game better suited for those of wit and talent. Essetia only hoped that she desired the right fate, the perfect situation in which to work her way beneath flesh and bone.

However, the bodies she encountered were none like she’d imagined. She was instantly torn between approaching and abandoning yet another chance at expansion. Whatever she feared, it followed her now into their midst... “Then I would call it sheer luck on my behalf,” Essetia interrupted smoothly.

When Romul came bounding back into view, the mare paused before her audience, pale eyes touching each in turn. “I’m Essetia and this is Romul,” the Sleuth stated while glancing down to the Arctic wolf. “Welcome.

ONLY YOU CAN BE THE ACHING IN MY HEART
MY ENEMY, THE ONLY ANIMAL I COULDN'T FIGHT
YOU HOLD ME IN THE DARK WHEN STORMS ARRIVE

ooc: Hope you don't mind. @[Arya] @[Narcissus]

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Hidden Account
Minx
Arya watched the man in silence. She couldn’t help but be intrigued by his scars. Was he a warrior like her father? Perhaps it had an interesting story. That could be pried from him later. For now, she would focus on luring home. Maybe she could mimic her mother’s charisma and charm. Maybe she could strive for the diplomacy that her mother had…. Who was she kidding? Arya might’ve taken after her mother in appearance, but she had inherited her father’s sharp tongue.

He asked of her purpose and when he called her a child of many talents, she shrugged slightly. Too much had happened in too short a time, she didn’t know what she was. “Honestly, I just came here for the scenery.” She admitted. Really there had been no intention of actually embarking on a venture of recruitment. All she had wanted was to evade the empty cave that awaited her back home. At his comment of fish she smirked slightly. “Good thing I’m not a poet is what I think. I’m not a diplomat.” She was shameless in admitting that. There was no desire to be some creature buried in the labors of arguments and words. When he continued to speak of refusals she stared at him for a long moment. “Then you’d refuse my offer.” She said plainly. “Day would turn to night and the world would move on.”

Her head turned when she saw another come up. Arya remained silent as the mare spoke. Well, there wasn’t much time left to waste with the new mare arriving. “I’d be surprised if you did refuse my offer since I didn’t lay it out on the table.” She said after the other mare spoke. “I live in the Aurora Basin, a herd to the north of here. We are made up of solely unicorns and protect one another. We’re a closely knit family.”

@[Narcissus] @[Essetia]

Unregistered
NARCISSUS
THERE LIES HIS CROWN IN WATER DEEP

It had been so many nights and days since he had heard such descriptive words such as 'unicorn' and 'pegasus' when referring to others. So long since really they had been laid out like they were a different species from one another. It gave the impression of comparison that his once upon a time home was nothing more than a melting pot they were all thrown in. He wasn't sure if that made them better - their acceptance so easily from those with wings and horns and called them all the same and classified based on power and where you chose to live. Or if it made them nothing more than chaos. But he found this child...intriguing. Bold in her own right and though her way with words was blunt it was refreshing than years spent surrounded by snakes and politicians. A bit of one himself and perhaps he forgot just how effective and useful bluntness could be.

"And you , mare Essetia? Do you offer me something as well?" A small chuckle to follow his easy words. Was he to make a choice today? Shame. He was never very skilled in making those in such short time. With so little information - with knowing so little. Narcissus was a creature who found the power in knowledge and detested a lack of control. A creature who found the more you knew the more control you could grasp and keep. He did not like chaos unless it was planned on his part for some greater means and goal. For once control was lost and things unraveled it was so difficult to get is all back ; like water slipping through your fingers. There in the palm of your hand but something you could not grasp and hold. "And...I do not recall hearing your name , child?"

Names. Such important little details that to many threw away so easily. Some might compare him to a dragon in how much important he put to them. His own...sensitivity when it came to his own. To those butchering it for their own little purposes. It took to long for him to gain it and he would not see it altered by others. Nor would be fling it about - he sometimes acted in the belief that names were a right to be earned. To be called by them. An old belief he stopped using sometime ago though one he seemed now to pick and choose certain rules from. Would he give his name? For now...no because he had yet to decide to accept any of either of their offers. Perhaps if he chose one or the other...maybe after if they asked. Narcissus grinned , the scar upon his left cheek pulling even wider as he did. "But..my thanks to both. Such a lovely welcome to this Helovia."

Credits: Image by foolishsunsets @ DA | code by tamme

@[Essetia] / @[Arya]

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds

essetia & romul

Romul groaned impatiently at the mare’s shoulder, his golden eyes lingering on one creature and then the next. He was watching carefully and reading body language as he did so. Subtle, hazy images of a relaxed shoulder or the tip of a lavender muzzle moved lazily across Essetia’s mind and the mare silently thanked her companion for allowing her comfort. However, it didn’t keep her from the tension that made her muscles rigid or the way her eyes seemed to be everywhere at once. It was in her nature to investigate, to organize and compartmentalize the things she encountered. Yet, it didn’t stop her from chuckling at the mauve lady’s statement nor did it conceal her lingering smile. Essetia was not fooled… the Claiming Grounds were just that, grounds for recruitment.

She felt no need to hide her intent. It was already implied.

When the Basin mare finally admitted to her place in the North, the Sleuth sighed audibly, clearly disinterested in any more the girl had to say. She had grown tired of warding off their many attempts to insult the Falls and wanted nothing more to do with their kin… Unicorns were most certainly beautiful creatures, cut from divinity’s cloth no less, but no more precious than the souls she called family. At that, she was even more offended that the girl had had the nerve to assume the Basin any more close-knit than surrounding herd lands. Essetia had paid homage to two thus far and had experienced encouragement and nurturing from both.

It was ignorant to think one superior to another… of course racism was part of their contract- from one Unicorn to the next.

The Sleuth was slow to fix her eyes once again on the stud, uncertain of where his loyalties lie and somehow more intrigued by his blasé demeanor. He was assuredly confident, perhaps a bit conniving, but it was time the Falls adopted a man of opinion and wit. However, he was just as cagey as he was mischievous and that was something that worried Essetia… and excited her all the same.

It was time for a change.

She waited for the words to carry from his tongue with intentions to unsettle her and bewitch her, but the Sleuth was quite beyond his station. Should she wish it, she could impede his attempts to fool her… but she didn’t believe that was him aim… just yet. “Only if you’re in a position to accept,” she stated slowly, her pale eyes unwavering and unwilling to let him escape her scrutiny. “However, a woman shouldn’t be expected to offer so much, so freely,” she chided with a smile.

What’s your name stranger?

ONLY YOU CAN BE THE ACHING IN MY HEART
MY ENEMY, THE ONLY ANIMAL I COULDN'T FIGHT
YOU HOLD ME IN THE DARK WHEN STORMS ARRIVE

@[Arya] @[Narcissus]

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Hidden Account
Minx
Hundred years, hundred more
Someday we may see a woman king, sword in hand.

Swing at some evil and bleed.

The man spoke and the huntress only listened. At the mention of not obtaining her name she made no further comment. There was no reason to throw her name around frivolously. If he chose the north, then she surely would give him her name. Otherwise, she was content to be nothing more than a nameless filly. When she mentioned her home she caught the other mare’s sigh. Arya swiveled one ear against her skull and she looked at the mare. “You do not know me and you already assume things about me.” She bristled. The huntress surely could be reading into the sigh more than needed, but, her father had always told her of the animosity others had toward the Basin. Some of it was justified from the stories he told her, but this was unnecessary. “You prove yourself no better than those you judge. If I were of the Throat I know you wouldn’t think of me in such a way. If you think us all racist and cruel, then you haven’t walked amongst us or met many of us. One of our own leaders shares the blood of your species. There is even one amongst who has wings and a horn, and she is a valued member. Horn, winged, or bare it doesn’t matter to me or many others in the Basin. Know me before you judge me.” Her tone was oddly calm, but, it felt good to lash out at someone. There was too much out of her control. No matter her age she wouldn’t let some prejudiced mare judge her family. She flickered toward the stallion. Surely, her outburst might sway him away from joining the Basin, but she had no apologies written in her face. Only passion burned in her eyes and she wouldn’t apologize to a man, for that was weakness.

Arya would hold her head high and take the higher road. While the other mare spoke she remained quiet and still. Not rude or disruptive like she had been.

@[Narcissus] @[Essetia]
"talk talk talk"