the Rift

Glorious We Transcend

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds

essetia & romul

Her heart spoke quietly to the thrumming rhythm of her mind, a silent song meant only for Romul’s ears as they once again surfaced from the darkness of the Threshold . It was no surprise that the pair had continued to live their lives in secret, their souls forever intertwined and unwilling to bend to the will of another. Yet, they responded to duty as any righteous creature might and abandoned their place in the Falls in order to see their ranks filled. After all, was this not the best time to recruit? In the wake of so many threats tied to the Aurora Basin, Essetia had come in search of capable bodies, a partner. That’s not to say that she expected to find her counterpart here in the claiming grounds, but it was certainly a start.

The Sleuth hadn’t mentioned her desire to see another Sleuth chosen to rise alongside her, but it would be a topic soon brought to light before Midas, her Czar. Everyone had chores that best suited their personality and yet not a single one of them had thought to expand their horizons- walk amongst the darkness. But was it truly darkness that bore her weight? Or was it loss and mourning that had compelled the Moon child to accept her cloak? Either way, a certain sense of grief and anger had kept her upon this mantle and it was time to seek out others to help her rise, a mutual relationship in which power was their object.

Essetia hadn’t come with the intention of replacing her hierarchy, but instead with the notion to improve it. Her heels were warm with worry in the wake of so many threats aimed at her chest by Basin spies, but it mattered little… she was a creature capable of honing her skills.

Perhaps that was why the Sleuth had come once again to toil in the muck, in search of some diamond in the rough. Many attempts had left her empty handed, at least as far as her Sneak ranks were concerned. It was a bit disconcerting to witness her many efforts fall between the cracks of near success, but it only served to nurture her brittle desire for more.

The warmth of Birdsong urged Romul to dart ahead between the trees and at times he yipped and cajoled with the scattering of rodent and rabbit alike. Essetia smiled after him for a time, but eventually veered from his haptic course in favor of trailing nearby conversation. Her ears tilted to the soft tunes, both vibrant and curious upon virgin gales. The Sleuth had not sought to invade the task of another, but the claiming grounds were so often a vicious game better suited for those of wit and talent. Essetia only hoped that she desired the right fate, the perfect situation in which to work her way beneath flesh and bone.

However, the bodies she encountered were none like she’d imagined. She was instantly torn between approaching and abandoning yet another chance at expansion. Whatever she feared, it followed her now into their midst... “Then I would call it sheer luck on my behalf,” Essetia interrupted smoothly.

When Romul came bounding back into view, the mare paused before her audience, pale eyes touching each in turn. “I’m Essetia and this is Romul,” the Sleuth stated while glancing down to the Arctic wolf. “Welcome.

ONLY YOU CAN BE THE ACHING IN MY HEART
MY ENEMY, THE ONLY ANIMAL I COULDN'T FIGHT
YOU HOLD ME IN THE DARK WHEN STORMS ARRIVE

ooc: Hope you don't mind. @[Arya] @[Narcissus]

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Messages In This Thread
Glorious We Transcend - by Narcissus - 01-01-2015, 06:05 PM
RE: Glorious We Transcend - by Arya - 01-02-2015, 04:29 AM
RE: Glorious We Transcend - by Narcissus - 02-11-2015, 11:13 PM
RE: Glorious We Transcend - by Essetia - 02-12-2015, 01:23 PM