the Rift

[OPEN] LET THE GAMES BEGIN (edge games #1)

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
She hesitated longer by the tree line, while the Official moved through the open to find the Sunshower. Quietly, and with expanding interest Africa watched the flurry of activity – she likened them to a beehive with workers ever bustling about, cocooning around their sitting Queen. A light smile played with the corners of her mouth, but it slipped when the hulking frame of the Dragon’s Throat warrior Hector moved by. Dapple grey frame shrank swiftly back into shadow; suddenly she was not feeling so confident about them finding her.

Silas sailed above watching from on high. The time away from duty had been remarkably refreshing – even though fatigue was pressing heavily down upon each of their minds.

Soon enough, the Official returned and explained clearly that next they needed to capture a rainbow, and at its end discover gold... Africa grunted and glanced towards the circling black silhouette in the afternoon sky. I think these are getting harder and harder... she sighed, but she was not at all discourage and thanked the horse kindly for helping. Long legs swivelled her body around in a circle, and then again as she considered just how she might capture something so awfully elusive – naturally, she had tried this before.

Grey, whiskered lips touched momentarily the satchel by her elbow, and she whispered tenderly to the slug (presumably) inside. "I bet you’re getting bored in there... after this round I will find you more food." She set off this time in a southerly direction, searching for the rocky ledge from which she had descended a very long time ago. Red and yellow, and pink and green... she hummed softly, "...purple and orange, and blue! Silas, I have an idea..." Right away, she set her eyes to the task and began to search through the undergrowth.

The glossy black Roc descended to aid her, impressed by her creativity.

It was late in Birdsong and far harder than she realised it would be, but as the sun threatened it bury beneath the western ocean. Africa and her companion found the selection that she wanted, though it had taken a focused search through the forest, the meadow and everywhere in between. She laid them out very carefully before adding one final touch, and then with a growing smile called the Official over to see. The horse nodded in support before turning to lead them back towards the meeting place.

Africa

Messages In This Thread
LET THE GAMES BEGIN (edge games #1) - by Kahlua - 01-01-2015, 09:36 PM
RE: LET THE GAMES BEGIN (edge games #1) - by Rei - 01-08-2015, 09:47 PM
RE: LET THE GAMES BEGIN (edge games #1) - by Rei - 01-19-2015, 11:58 PM
RE: LET THE GAMES BEGIN (edge games #1) - by Africa - 01-21-2015, 12:38 PM