the Rift

Just another day in paradise

Arrakk Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Mist-colored eyes closed upon themselves time and again in slow rhythm, tuned to the rise and fall of lean sides and a steady heartbeat. Cool water rose up to swallow a large, split hoof as a shifty waddle too many brought the stallion off the muddy bank and into the creek with a splash. An odd wheezing sound, halfway between gasp and groan escaped him and with a graceless jump he ambled away from the frigid liquid that sent jolts of stabbing pain through fetlocks and knee. Emerging, he realized only after some time that he had crossed to the other side of the stream and blinked sheepishly at Alysanne. She was still talking, the lulling hum of her voice as sweet as fresh spring grass - and yet he had to confess that he had lost track of what she was saying. He tried to catch up and pricked his over large ears to catch each and every word, angled for the deep, true meaning behind them - and just then she stopped, paused, grew silent.

The unicorn shifted in place, wary of placing too much weight on his front leg yet too uncomfortable to stay still.

"Well, I... uh..." How embarrassing. Addressed by this vision of a mare, and he wasn't even paying attention. Arrakk scrambled to regain some sense of where she had left off. An offer, there had definitely been one, and a suggestion to... what, use magic on him? Even in his distracted state this notion brought a smile to Arrakk's lips, distant and somewhat patronizing.

"Surely not. You jest, lady Alysanne, and it is a most amusing joke - of course there is no such thing as magic. I quite wish there were, but alas the years have robbed me of such vibrant imagination..."

Soft creases appeared around the eyes as he tried for a discreet second study of the lady. She must be younger than she appeared, to even suggest such a thing as though it was possible... or maybe her mind was slightly addled? Shame, truly, but as they say one cannot have all. If there is one thing he has learned in life it is that great beauty sometimes leave a horse wanting in other areas... Truly a sad thing, but it did not make her less pleasant to listen to.

"Perhaps it is too bold of me, but I would gladly accept your offer" he continued, though still not entirely sure what the offer consisted of. It did not matter much - he had nothing better to do anyway, and if saying yes meant that he could spend more time in Alysanne's company then it would be worth any amount of embarrassment to come.

@[Alysanne]

Messages In This Thread
Just another day in paradise - by Arrakk - 01-02-2015, 02:42 PM
RE: Just another day in paradise - by Alysanne - 01-02-2015, 07:13 PM
RE: Just another day in paradise - by Arrakk - 01-04-2015, 09:55 AM
RE: Just another day in paradise - by Alysanne - 01-07-2015, 09:10 PM
RE: Just another day in paradise - by Arrakk - 01-18-2015, 09:07 PM
RE: Just another day in paradise - by Alysanne - 02-01-2015, 03:32 PM
RE: Just another day in paradise - by Arrakk - 02-04-2015, 01:57 PM
RE: Just another day in paradise - by Alysanne - 02-06-2015, 09:33 PM