the Rift

[PRIVATE] Ow doesn't begin to cover it

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
I hold you in like a deep breath

The anxiety gnawed at Torleik like the decapitated wolf's head attached to that dying deer that had suddenly and horrifyingly interrupted a Basin meeting some months ago. Where was Ophelia? She was gone...and he could not find her. This would not have concerned him were it a day or two she was missing, or perhaps even a few days' time, but this was longer and no one had any information on where she might have disappeared to.

What if she was injured? What if she was out there, somewhere, bleeding to death, and he would be unable to save her?

'Bad worry. Why so dark?' Irelyn asked, trying to discern why her bonded was worried about this pale mare and in such a specific way. Normally he did not let his thoughts dwell on death and dying quite so much.

"I don't know, Irelyn. I just...it feels...wrong," he murmured aloud, pacing back and forth as he did every evening when yet another sun rose and fell and he had yet to see his Lady. They did not...speak as often as he might like, or spend time together like he wished to ask of her, but he always saw her from time to time, floating across whatever surface she ambulated like a beautiful disaster, innocence and blood, life and death, beauty and pain.

Where was she?

Unable to stay still, sleep already snatched from the world this night, the General took to the grounds, his angry, stressed pace devouring ground with every step. He passed the lake, and saw no one. She would not be in the prisons...perhaps the Haruspex cave? Delving deeply for the first time, the Bloodskald found only a strange mirror that reflected nothing as he gazed upon it. The cave was empty save for this and he felt...unnerved and angry. This was how to speak to the Time God? Why would he ever desire to do that? Sneering, he tore himself from the cave and emerged once more into the night sky, looking up, helpless, as the colorful bands of light frolicked across the velvety backdrop. He passed the healer's cave and for a moment, paused. No. He could not entertain that thought any more than he had.

Torleik felt...defeated. Had she left? Why would she leave without saying anything to him? Surely whatever it was they had would warrant a goodbye? Head hung low, his steps took him towards the hot springs, the only place of serenity he found in the Basin - but before he got close, an earthquake destroyed the solid ground of his bond.

'OPHELIA! BLOOD! COME NOW!' The words screeched into his mind and echoed around his skull and Torleik felt nauseated, terrified and numb all at once. Blood? Oh gods. What had happened?

"Please gods help me don't be dead," he moaned, kicking his suddenly ten-ton body into a vicious gallop, his throat slamming shut when Ophelia's prostrate form came into view. "NO!" The word tore itself from him, clawing its way out of his throat, everything raw and painful now. No -

why -

this wasn't happening -

he couldn't lose someone else -

please -

no please gods please no -

But she was breathing. Blinking. He skidded to an ungainly stop just a few feet away and drew close, not willing to believe that his eyes were telling him she was alive and still with him. "Ophelia my god speak to me," he begged, shifting and coming around to the direction she was facing, dropping low, eyes darting everywhere to assess her injuries. "What happened? Who did this? I will fucking bleed them dry and break every bone they have," the Bloodskald snarled, the vicious hate that suddenly erupted inside taking him back to how helplessly raging and vengeful he'd felt when the Pegasi destroyed his home.

That didn't matter now. What mattered now was getting her help. "You need a healer, right now - I will get Lena!" he managed urgently, his voice strained, head snapping up to gaze back towards the medic's cave. Would Lena be there? Did she bed elsewhere? If she did, how long would it take to find her?

Fuck.

@[Ophelia]

"talk talk talk"

Art by: veradaine @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Ow doesn't begin to cover it - by Ophelia - 01-02-2015, 05:34 PM
RE: Ow doesn't begin to cover it - by Torleik - 01-12-2015, 01:12 AM
RE: Ow doesn't begin to cover it - by Ophelia - 01-13-2015, 05:39 PM